Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Etihad Field

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Etihad Arena

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Etihad Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Appreciate you sharing. Whatever this ends up being it's great to see that they are putting in work. Not that we didn't think they are it's just good to see even a small hint of it present itself.
That’s how I felt - just happy to hear any news of something going on.

Reactions: Kjbert
Once you get past the audacity of the creek-span it's actually an incredibly sensible location. As we've all been discussing, it's reasonably serviced by transit (public and *also* directly off the LIE) and in a gentrifying post-industrial area of the city which could use an injection of capital and infrastructure. Plus you get the eye-candy of the Manhattan skyline. Dunno about the second bridge, but I could honestly believe this could happen.

...plus the al-Mubarak family sucking up all our spilled oil.

Apparently also accessible to a number of soccer playing kids for community use?

No, until The New York Times picks it up it's still
giphy.gif

Any geologists out there? Do the oil companies have experience cleaning up these messes? I know they have experience making them.

Hey Falastur - wasn't the Etihad/Commonwealth stadium built on some kind of superfund site too?

I can see a 25k capacity with expansion capability to 35k
40K is a conservative number for what would be the most iconic stadium in the world. Every naysayer that refuses to go to YS because it's a baseball stadium would jump on once this palace opened. The cache alone would bring in tourists left, right, and center to catch a single match - add them to the original and new STH and 40K is really nothing.

The 40k seemed really suspect to me until I remembered the world cup bid. A possibly iconic stadium in the mix changes everything.
OMG Fake Jew Fake Jew I thought about you today at work 4 Hardcore Jews came in today top to bottom what they wore beards shinny black shoes . I loved it !!! You have no idea how bad i wanted to ask if they knew you ? But if i were to buy the myth the answer would be yes . Not every Italian knows one another but yet we do . We'll just ask each other who we know till we find a connection . LoL !!

Reactions: Fake Jew
40K is a conservative number for what would be the most iconic stadium in the world. Every naysayer that refuses to go to YS because it's a baseball stadium would jump on once this palace opened. The cache alone would bring in tourists left, right, and center to catch a single match - add them to the original and new STH and 40K is really nothing.
I think you may be overestimating the popularity of mls, especially once the glamour of a new stadium wears off. However, I could see a strategy where they build a 40k-50k stadium, and close off the upper deck for most matches, and open it up for bigger matches. So maybe have 25k seats in the lower and mid bowls, and another 15-20k available in an upper bowl

I think you may be overestimating the popularity of mls, especially once the glamour of a new stadium wears off. However, I could see a strategy where they build a 40k-50k stadium, and close off the upper deck for most matches, and open it up for bigger matches. So maybe have 25k seats in the lower and mid bowls, and another 15-20k available in an upper bowl
It's not the popularity of MLS, it's the cool-fcking stadium that soccer crazed fans want to see. People don't have to be Barcelona fans to want to catch a match at Camp Nou, but soccer fans/tourists flock to it if given the chance. The Prince Bridge Arena would be crazy hot to tourists - I mean, they travel to Bkln to wait in line for pizza and the NYC skyline, they sure as hell will buy a $35 upper level ticket to watch soccer and the view of NYC.

and don't discount my soothsaying - I wrote about the spanning stadium in 2015. I got mad street cred now.