Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Etihad Field

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Etihad Arena

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Etihad Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
To expand on my earlier posts mentioning transportation, here are all the transportation options available to the Prince Etihad Fantasy Island Bridge:

SUBWAY
7 Train: Hunters Point Ave. & Vernon / Jackson
G Train: 21st St. / Van Alst & Greenpoint Ave.

LIRR
Hunterspoint Avenue
Long Island City

METRO NORTH (with bonus HYPOTHETICAL)
Metro North to Grand Central, transfer to the 7 train. If the MTA got creative, the Metro North could take the Amtrak line over the Hell Gate Bridge into Queens, connect to the LIRR track and stop at the Hunterspoint Ave. station, and then backtrack to the East Side Access tunnel to terminate at Grand Central Station. However, it seems much more reasonable to simply take the Metro North to Grand Central and then transfer to the 7, so this isn't very likely.

CAR
The Long Island Expressway effectively terminates at the stadium site as it enters the Queens Midtown Tunnel.
McGuinness Blvd. services points south into Brooklyn.
Jackson Ave. services points north and east into Queens.
QMT services Manhattan.

FERRY
Ferries from Manhattan and the Brooklyn waterfront stop at Hunters Point South Park.
Ferry from the Queens waterfront stops at Gantry Plaza State Park.

HYPERLOOP (HYPOTHETICAL)
Hey, if Elon wants an NYC Hyperloop stop, it ain't gonna be in Manhattan. It'll be in Long Island City or the Sunnyside LIRR yards.
If we're including hypotheticals, Brooklyn-Queens Connector?

https://www.nycedc.com/project/brooklyn-queens-connector-bqx

If this is our stadium, 40,000 is not going to be a problem.

index.php

I understand why people are excited, but I think this is getting hyped way too much. We have no idea of this is even in the plans anymore. Just seems more fiction than reality, though I hope I'm wrong.

I understand why people are excited, but I think this is getting hyped way too much. We have no idea of this is even in the plans anymore. Just seems more fiction than reality, though I hope I'm wrong.
This is what we do.
We get hints of news.
We're skeptical.
Then we decide it might be something.
Then we go all in.
Then nothing happens.
For months or more.
We get over it.
It's fun at the time.

This is what we do.
We get hints of news.
We're skeptical.
Then we decide it might be something.
Then we go all in.
Then nothing happens.
For months or more.
We get over it.
It's fun at the time.

Right...
So maybe this is just a bone NYCFC front offices are throwing out just to keep us placated. The last couple months have been rough for this fanbase. We've all been pissed off about the team moving games and not providing any info on a future stadium. Patricoff or CFG could have just told someone to leak this old rendering to shut everyone up.

Totally agree.

Just addressing the attendance point that was bouncing around.

Still haven't seen a solve for the boat clearance issue. How are large vessels going to pass underneath?

This is a fair question. The Pulaski Bridge, in the foreground, has 39 feet of clearance and is a drawbridge. The recently completed Kosciusko Bridge has 125 feet of clearance. I think the Stadium would need to have the higher clearance in order to work.

Reactions: Kjbert
This is a fair question. The Pulaski Bridge, in the foreground, has 39 feet of clearance and is a drawbridge. The recently completed Kosciusko Bridge has 125 feet of clearance. I think the Stadium would need to have the higher clearance in order to work.
Wouldn’t it be the opposite? If a boat can pass under the lowest clearance than it can pass under anything else, so the stadium would only need to match the lowest clearance, no?

Still haven't seen a solve for the boat clearance issue. How are large vessels going to pass underneath?
Are you from Twitter? Did you read my comment above? This is a Proof of Concept rendering to get parties onboard. Nobody is digging a foundation using it.

Could someone explain why they need boat access to this creek? I'm unfamiliar with this body of water and I've learned everything I've ever know about it from this thread.

Who or what is being moved from the East River up this creek and where are they going?

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Right...
So maybe this is just a bone NYCFC front offices are throwing out just to keep us placated. The last couple months have been rough for this fanbase. We've all been pissed off about the team moving games and not providing any info on a future stadium. Patricoff or CFG could have just told someone to leak this old rendering to shut everyone up.

It's pretty fishy that an admin of a big soccer site and member here would end up with this info but I'm fairly certain this isn't the case. Doesn't mean that this is any more likely to be real, but this isn't a CFG bone. Just partly down to the weird magic of living in NYC I reckon (the fact that I stumbled upon this info). If it is real and the cat is out of the bag, maybe CFG will give us some exciting non-denial denials or something.

Right...

Agreed. My mood has gone from incredulous to suspicious. This is such a ridiculous proposal, but it would make sense to fabricate or leak an effort that has no chance of actually happening, so they stay in control of their actual options.

Fun, nonetheless.

Reactions: adam and Kjbert