Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Etihad Field

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Etihad Arena

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Etihad Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I am of the understanding that there are more renderings out there that we haven't seen. I would like to see the renderings for GAL and Willets Points. Those exist.

That's why this intrigues me so much. Someone shared this with
dark knight - Why did they share THIS particular rendering at THIS particular time when there are others out there. That fascinates me.

Are you able to provide any more context as to the sharing of this rendering? Was it e-mailed to you? Was it offered to you or did you ask? Is it from someone you know or was it passed on anonymously?

Thank you for sharing what you have so far.

Agreed. My mood has gone from incredulous to suspicious. This is such a ridiculous proposal, but it would make sense to fabricate or leak an effort that has no chance of actually happening, so they stay in control of their actual options.

Fun, nonetheless.
I like to think that if they purposely created something ridiculous just to leak it they would have gone with Etihad Island.

I am of the understanding that there are more renderings out there that we haven't seen. I would like to see the renderings for GAL and Willets Points. Those exist.

That's why this intrigues me so much. Someone shared this with
dark knight - Why did they share THIS particular rendering at THIS particular time when there are others out there. That fascinates me.

Are you able to provide any more context as to the sharing of this rendering? Was it e-mailed to you? Was it offered to you or did you ask? Is it from someone you know or was it passed on anonymously?

Thank you for sharing what you have so far.

I think that's the heart of my skepticism... Why are we getting this one? Arguably the most unrealistic, most fantastic of all. We probably all agree that Willets and Belmont are the most practical in terms of constructing a stadium followed by the GAL/Garage site.

Reactions: Kjbert
Could someone explain why they need boat access to this creek? I'm unfamiliar with this body of water and I've learned everything I've ever know about it from this thread.

Who or what is being moved from the East River up this creek and where are they going?
xxVYdNZ.png

You can see how deeply Newtown Creek penetrates into Brooklyn and Queens. On both sides of the creek for the whole length are industrial concerns of various types and sizes, from biodiesel, wastewater treatment and scrap to manufacturing. The drawbridges at Greenpoint Ave. and the Pulaski Bridge don't get used every day, but they are used several times a week. It's by no means a disused waterway, and won't be as long as industry survives in Maspeth, Greenpoint and Bushwick.

I think that's the heart of my skepticism... Why are we getting this one? Arguably the most unrealistic, most fantastic of all. We probably all agree that Willets and Belmont are the most practical in terms of constructing a stadium followed by the GAL/Garage site.

See, I look at it from the other side of things:

First, we have to assume that this was done in coordination with CFG. I think that's a fair assumption. The second assumption is more difficult for you and me, which is where I agree there should be some skepticism. Unless we know how this was obtained - was it pilfered from the architect? Was it taken off of a hard drive at the NYCFC offices? Was it released by Dante De Blasio? - you and I agree that we should be skeptical of this particular rendering. It could be 3 years old.

But let's assume that CFG asked for this rendering and let's assume it's a newish rendering that wasn't stolen from an old vault, that's incredibly telling to me. CFG gains nothing by leaking an outdated plan or rendering. It will only end up pissing people off.

See, I look at it from the other side of things:

First, we have to assume that this was done in coordination with CFG. I think that's a fair assumption. The second assumption is more difficult for you and me, which is where I agree there should be some skepticism. Unless we know how this was obtained - was it pilfered from the architect? Was it taken off of a hard drive at the NYCFC offices? Was it released by Dante De Blasio? - you and I agree that we should be skeptical of this particular rendering. It could be 3 years old.

But let's assume that CFG asked for this rendering and let's assume it's a newish rendering that wasn't stolen from an old vault, that's incredibly telling to me. CFG gains nothing by leaking an outdated plan or rendering. It will only end up pissing people off.
The flip side is if they leak a fantastic rendering like this- easily the most architecturally significant stadium in the world- as a ruse, and then push a lesser stadium at Willets of GAL, then there is gonna be some unhappy folks (its relative, I know) who will feel duped. Yes they’ll have a stadium, but it’s akin to you parents telling you you’re going on a fantastic trip to Europe, and you end up spending a week in an RV touring Albania (nothing against Albania) - you’d feel a massive letdown and feel like you were had.

The flip side is if they leak a fantastic rendering like this- easily the most architecturally significant stadium in the world- as a ruse, and then push a lesser stadium at Willets of GAL, then there is gonna be some unhappy folks (its relative, I know) who will feel duped. Yes they’ll have a stadium, but it’s akin to you parents telling you you’re going on a fantastic trip to Europe, and you end up spending a week in an RV touring Albania (nothing against Albania) - you’d feel a massive letdown and feel like you were had.

I don't know... We've waited this long. You get a stadium in the boroughs, close to transportation, and I think most fans would be thrilled.

That's fair. And you are right that this would be quite a significant architectural accomplishment.

Where I disagree is that we can't have an aesthetically beautiful stadium outside of this particular spot. Why can't you build the perfect stadium in the Bronx?

Reactions: Christopher Jee
That’s why I suspect this wasn’t done in conjunction with cfg at all. If cfg leaks this in any way, it tempers our expectations in case anything goes wrong. The ONLY way this is a cfg leak is: 1) if they have this in the bag and are surveying our response. And if you are listening cfg, THIS IS A FUCKING WIN, DO THIS. Or 2) it’s meant to create leverage and put pressure on another site, telling them we have a plan B ready to go if they fall through.

That being said, this idea has so many moving parts I can’t see it being done. And I suspect that other sites would also think the same... which is why cfg may have nothing to do with this.