#StartEirik

If that's the case, why even start the season with him on the roster??? There was plenty of off-season to address the backup keeper role. If he didn't like the guy so much to the point he would NEVER play him, then they had months to find anyone off the street to at least be a warm body to play in a pinch (and not take up an international roster spot!). It doesn't make any sense.
Hey that's the best I can make of it. I'm open to other interpretations.

Maybe they were targeting people who were unavailable this winter.

Reactions: Kjbert and adam
Hey that's the best I can make of it. I'm open to other interpretations.

Maybe they were targeting people who were unavailable this winter.

His daughter is in her mid-20s. Could something have happened with Joe Handsome? I like that theory. Same basis in facts and a lot juicier.

Reactions: Kjbert
Eirik Johansen was with the MCFC EDS when Vieira took over in 2013. After the summer of 2013 he didn't play for the EDS that fall and was sent out on loan in the winter.

Safe to say Vieira didn't like him then, and probably still doesn't like him now.

Would explain why there's been rumors of NYCFC shopping for another keeper. Saunders may not be great, but apparently he's seen enough of Johansen to not like him. I don't think he earns a start anywhere outside of a cup match or unless Saunders is out.

The #StartEirik movement is less about Eirik than it is about Saunders not starting another match. But I'd still like to see Eirik start a match. I guess Eirik is to Vieira as Juan Mata is to Mourinho.

Right about now, doesn't Melbourne City need a tall keeper added to their team? I bet they're willing to spend $2M+ on the transfer.... maybe even $3M.....

Decent shot stopper at times and his distribution's got better, but I'm so tired of seeing his flailing leaps across the goal. Arms wide, jumping in the direction of the ball, but never any chance of stopping it. I fault him for a couple of the goals tonight and surely SURELY the big goalie has to start in the cup game, just to see how he gets on.

I'd rather take a stack of chicken buckets (with the food for added weight).
Saw tonight the Chicken Cup - it was a giant plastic soft drink cup with straw that had a bowl on top of it with chicken and fries - the straw pierced the middle of the cup. Maybe YS has had it the entire time, but I've never seen it. If not, they're building upon the chicken bucket movement.

Reactions: Kjbert