Tactics And Possible Formations

Don't know much about Jacobson I'll admit would he be d mid? We'd need a strong central defender and more of a YAYA both ways player than strict playmaker in that formation I'll admit.

I think we will definitely see a 4-4-2. I dont think anyone in MLS plays a 433. Not to say we can't but you need specific players to run the 4-3-3, and its a very attacking formation.

I think we play either a 4-4-2 with a diamond midfield or a 4-2-3-1

T Tom in Fairfield CT - if our next DP is a RW of substance - would you agree that a 4-3-3 is viable with

Villa - Nacho - DP
LM - Lampard. - RM
LB - CB - CB - RB
GK

Wouldn't that fit Villa and Lampard PERFECTLY?

T Tom in Fairfield CT - if our next DP is a RW of substance - would you agree that a 4-3-3 is viable with

Villa - Nacho - DP
LM - Lampard. - RM
LB - CB - CB - RB
GK

Wouldn't that fit Villa and Lampard PERFECTLY?

Would definitely be fun. Puts Lamps and Villa in the right spots, but I don't see them tracking back too much on defense. Puts a lot of pressure on the back four. Its all conjecture though until we see who we have and how they play together.

The salary cap necessitates that there are a lot of not very good players on the field, so you see in MLS that the play generally flies up and down the field, none of the teams have enough good players to force teams' attacks to break them down. I think coaches have to keep a lot of players back on defense and rely on skill players to run breakaways. Similar to what Seattle does. Martins and Dempsey are like a two man attack. We will see what Kreis can do. And will be interesting to see what happens when the cap goes up.

Or we can go for a 4-2-2-2. Four defenders, two defensive minded midfielders, two playmakers, and two strikers up top. Or we can go for the manchester united formation with one left back and 9 forwards.

Reactions: Kjbert
Don't know much about Jacobson I'll admit would he be d mid? We'd need a strong central defender and more of a YAYA both ways player than strict playmaker in that formation I'll admit.
Yes AJ will be playing a d-mid or central MF position.