The Outfield

Fantastic article. Really love all the breakdown videos in addition to the writing as a whole.

One follow up I'd love to ask. We did get beaten on a set play in the playoffs at New England on a Buksa header. It's obviously different. You don't have the 5 man wedge or the same blockers (though it does look like Amundsen tried to block Buksa and didn't do the job). I'd be curious to have a similar walkthrough on this / similar set plays from sideline positions 10-30 yards out.
Thanks!

Yeah, that’s something I’ve thought about trying to tackle at some point. But as you can imagine, it’s a lot trickier with free kicks than corners since they can be set from so many different spots, can have a much higher chance of a direct on goal chance, etc.

Not saying I may not try to get to that down the line, just that I found corner kicks to be a simpler

Thanks!

Yeah, that’s something I’ve thought about trying to tackle at some point. But as you can imagine, it’s a lot trickier with free kicks than corners since they can be set from so many different spots, can have a much higher chance of a direct on goal chance, etc.

Not saying I may not try to get to that down the line, just that I found corner kicks to be a simpler
I'd say the value of this question went up after last night.

Hey folks, we are running a Pigeon Post mailbag again. Feel free to post any questions here or on Twitter:

Also, just wanted to let everyone know that someone thought it was a good idea to pay me to write about MLS and I have joined the team at Backheeled. Wouldn't have been possible without the Forums really peaking my interest in NYCFC. <3

Also, just wanted to let everyone know that someone thought it was a good idea to pay me to write about MLS and I have joined the team at Backheeled. Wouldn't have been possible without the Forums really peaking my interest in NYCFC. <3

Congratulations. Maybe The Outfield should have been named the Farm Team or Development Squad.

Not a post on The Outfield, but a fantastic article from one of our contributor’s Paul Harvey.

Not a post on The Outfield, but a fantastic article from one of our contributor’s Paul Harvey.

Mew and Mew two? Damn the strongest Pokémon in the game lol

Reactions: SoupInNYC
  • Love
Reactions: Shwafta

on the topic of "relevancy" . didnt F1 have some sort of reality series on amazon prime or something? i feel like that helped alot in their popularity. having some reality show on Apple+ following a team or something league wide throughout the season can help im sure.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
James Nalton's first for The Outfield, breaking down Cushing's 3-4-3 that beat Atlas and the Red Bulls.