The Outfield

Does it seem to you that: a) Taty is flopping less than he used to; and b) Taty's surge in goal scoring started around the time he began flopping less? I have that distinct impression and don't know if anyone else thought they were observing the same thing. I also dont know how you could objectively test that idea.

If the season ends with MLS Cup victory, do you think Maxi should leave with essentially legend status, ending on the highest possible note he can? Or do you think he should extend one more year, which could possibly end with a Maxi decline and potentially a worse ending to the season than this year?

If the season ends with MLS Cup victory, do you think Maxi should leave with essentially legend status, ending on the highest possible note he can? Or do you think he should extend one more year, which could possibly end with a Maxi decline and potentially a worse ending to the season than this year?

If we win this year, nothing he does next year takes away from his status.

I kind of think that might depend on what Taty does. If he stays and I'm Maxi I'd stay, but if Taty goes if I'm Maxi I might want to go out while we're on top.

Mailbag questions answered. Or at least the ones that were more pertaining to the MLS Cup Final.
Really appreciate the very true sentiment of the curse breaking. Definitely thought you were going to mention that since we now sometimes play in Queens and New Jersey (yuck), he can’t have a curse against the team from The Bronx. #loopole

Mailbag questions answered. Or at least the ones that were more pertaining to the MLS Cup Final.
Oh man. I'm so bummed you took my question seriously. I kind of figured I was one of the most obviously non-negative people on here. There's no way it wouldn't be obvious sarcasm in the wake of our first Cup Final. Oh well. Internet.

Oh man. I'm so bummed you took my question seriously. I kind of figured I was one of the most obviously non-negative people on here. There's no way it wouldn't be obvious sarcasm in the wake of our first Cup Final. Oh well. Internet.
No personal slight intended. Gave us a platform tell off the serious Ronny out. ❤️

I knew when the question came from you that you meant it sarcastically. But knowing there were some people that are still seriously Ronny Out, thought that answer was appropriate.

No personal slight intended. Gave us a platform tell off the serious Ronny out. ❤
I knew when the question came from you that you meant it sarcastically. But knowing there were some people that are still seriously Ronny Out, thought that answer was appropriate.
The answer was totally appropriate. I very much appreciate what you guys do (and did here). Just hated seeing my screen name attached to it. But all good.

Several weeks ago I spoke with Rob Vartughian for nearly half an hour on one of NYCFC's greatest little discussed strengths, defending corners. Very excited to finally have this piece fully together.

Several weeks ago I spoke with Rob Vartughian for nearly half an hour on one of NYCFC's greatest little discussed strengths, defending corners. Very excited to finally have this piece fully together.

This is terrific, great job! And great end notes!

Can't wait to find some time later to read this!!!! Looking forward

Reactions: SoupInNYC

Fantastic article. Really love all the breakdown videos in addition to the writing as a whole.

One follow up I'd love to ask. We did get beaten on a set play in the playoffs at New England on a Buksa header. It's obviously different. You don't have the 5 man wedge or the same blockers (though it does look like Amundsen tried to block Buksa and didn't do the job). I'd be curious to have a similar walkthrough on this / similar set plays from sideline positions 10-30 yards out.

Reactions: SoupInNYC