Toronto (Home, Playoffs) - Postmatch

I don't think it will be Gregg. They already made that mistake once with Kreis

Reactions: Ulrich

Hey JLa
giphy.gif

God, not Gregg. God, please no.

And the ball didn't reach my row so I wouldn't have been able to head the ball, or even catch it.

I’m not saying you have a shitty work rate, but if you had half the desire of Alex Ring, you would have jumped over the back of that kid in pajama pants and cleared the ball. Just telling the truth here.

It was a disappointing end to the team’s best season. After a few weeks, I suspect people will appreciate it more and look forward to CCL.

Left back has been the Achilles heel all year.

It would be great to watch three DP’s in a playoff match.

It wasn’t the cause of the loss, but Citi Field was of no benefit. Quieter than any other playoff game the team has played. Also, the food may be better, but it doesn’t compensate for the terrible parking lot and the ludicrous bathroom lines. Games there may be necessary with the extra competition, but hopefully they are at a minimum.

The bye did Parks no favors. Matarrita may have committed the big error, but Parks had as poor a game, if not poorer.

I don’t think JLa quite grasps that giving up a PK with 2min left is the very reason we lost. Everything else was a contributing factor to our poor play, but the score didn’t change until Mata made that tackle.

Hell, the expressions on every player’s face after it was utter shock at the stupidity of such a late challenge.

I won’t be coming to a game at Citi Field again. I was in 303. Los Templados were in 301, I could hear the drums but could not hear any chanting.. Love the atmosphere at Yankee Stadium better.
I was in the front row, sitting down this was my view

3DB2D3D5-2DAD-4252-8E66-56C83A05247C.jpegStanding up was better, which is what I was doing all game obviously.

80678E34-C9DA-415D-B832-0696DF44FA74.jpeg8C674F58-ABA1-4694-B21C-783A39727CFE.jpeg

I give Mata credit for going to apologize to the fans. I even give the fans credit for being nice and forgiving him.

But, I am also glad I wasn’t there. I am nowhere near forgiving him. That was one of the single most stupid, bone headed plays I have ever seen. And in such a critical spot.

I am closer to booing him off the field in the home opener than anything else, and I am a forgiving person by nature.

Dome may be out after all, but he showed us tonight with his (lack of) game management. We deserved better.
If the players are having an off night, it's up to the gaffer to recognize that and make a change, and a sub. Sitting in 114, we had a direct view of Mata walking up and down the pitch from the 60' minute on. Mata bears responsibility for that brainless tackle, but we should expect to have a manager who recognizes that and makes a change- Sweat, GMS, Sands for the 3 ATB....any change and the match is in extra time with the hope of a different result

Lalas said our club is a sham? Wow what a dick.
why anybody gives any time or credibility to lalas is beyond me. the guy is a joke. was never a great player to begin with so it's not like his analysis has any value.

It was a disappointing end to the team’s best season. After a few weeks, I suspect people will appreciate it more and look forward to CCL.

Left back has been the Achilles heel all year.

It would be great to watch three DP’s in a playoff match.

It wasn’t the cause of the loss, but Citi Field was of no benefit. Quieter than any other playoff game the team has played. Also, the food may be better, but it doesn’t compensate for the terrible parking lot and the ludicrous bathroom lines. Games there may be necessary with the extra competition, but hopefully they are at a minimum.

The bye did Parks no favors. Matarrita may have committed the big error, but Parks had as poor a game, if not poorer.

agree with all this. parks was in there to give us control over the midfield and he was a primary reason that we had no control. would have been extra time had chanot not popped up a header and then stood there and watched as pozuelo collected and shot on goal. would have been a comfortable win had we played ball from the start instead of having 1 shot an entire half to TFC's 9 or 10 or whatever it was.

we were poor all around but defense was definitely our biggest fail tonight. callens and chanot were just off tonight. why? i don't know. i've never seen callens try to dribble up field so many times in my life. i kept thinking to myself.. wtf are you doing?

Johnson kept us in the match and had a fantastic game. Maxi showed why he's our best DP.

I feel for the players. I feel for the supporters. WE deserve better. We deserve our own stadium and an ownership that wants to create a winning, championship club outside of Manchester, England.

What a devastating way to go out. Just crushing.

This was an absolute choke-job, and the biggest choke-artist of all, Matarrita, sends us packing. Seriously -- that guy ALWAYS loses his head in the big games. Red card against the Red Bulls, a major part of the 7-0 game, boneheaded plays in multiple playoff games. He is a mess in the playoffs and in the Derbies. Not a big-game player.

Maddening performance all the way around though -- Simply not good enough, and terrible that we play such a bad game in the playoffs. This team just consistently does not show up for the big games. They played scared.

Well, that sucked.

The first half was one of the worst we played this season. And it wasn't tactics, it was primarily execution. We looked tight, couldn't possess, and gave away the ball at such a high rate. KP played a massive role in that, and simply failed under pressure. Toronto is also a good team, playing well, and they were ready to take advantage of that.

In the second half, we played so much better, and should have won the game. Unfortunately the nature of the one-and-done is that very often it is won by the hero or lost by the goat. And we had two of the latter. And that's how it goes. And it's heartbreaking.

It was fucking eerie that on that Mata play, as it was developing, I had my reoccurring flashback to his first leg playoff blunder in Toronto, and yup.

The Citi option is a poor one. It didn't feel like our home, and I am sure that it felt foreign to the team as well. No excuse, but we did lose some of the advantage we earned.

Losing Dome would be terrible. He was terrific this season. He can't play for the players, that's on them. CFG needs to focus some more on continuity or we are in for a long disjointed ride.

Great seeing buds Midas Mulligan Midas Mulligan and adam adam, and meeting Sabo Sabo.

This one is going to sting for a while.

Maxi was horrible in the first half.... actually I’m not even close to ready to break this shit down.... my mind is so fucked I feel like Mata in a pressure situation

Actually fuck Mata fuck him apologizing after too.... be better ass hole. 7 months building to something and you ruin it on THAT? It wasn’t like he dropped a ball he fucking made the choice to hack down a guy in the box who had no angle. You could defend something like him falling down but seriously fuck that and he needs to go.
giphy.gif

I want Mata to stay but not as our starter. Players like him can become big game players after harsh moments like this. Also, I saw Ring storm into the locker room when the whistle came and I don't blame him. IT IS FRUSTRATING. No one would have mind losing to a good game by Atlanta or LAFC. The shit here is how we lost or better yet how we lose.

If anything, if CFG gave a shit, Reyna is now in the hot seat.

Reactions: ckdoerrn