Training Camp Starts Jan 24 In Jacksonville

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if it's an MLS rule that you can't start until January 24. I say this because CFG had all the clubs in Abu Dhabi for a big photoshoot: MCFC, MCFC women, and Melbourne City and I'm wondering how NYCFC got out of a trip to the Middle East.

Reactions: Kjbert
I wonder if it's an MLS rule that you can't start until January 24. I say this because CFG had all the clubs in Abu Dhabi for a big photoshoot: MCFC, MCFC women, and Melbourne City and I'm wondering how NYCFC got out of a trip to the Middle East.

I think it was just a case of NYCFC not being quite ready. Even though three CFG teams are in Abu Dhabi atm, they're all running to different schedules - Manchester City only arrived yesterday while Melbourne City are about to depart - and with the SuperDraft and all, NYCFC just wouldn't have been ready to arrive in time for the only session where all the other clubs were available. Given, therefore, that the promotional value of going to Abu Dhabi was much reduced, it therefore made far more sense to go where Kreis and Reyna thought the team would benefit most, rather than trying to shoehorn in them as a last-minute appearance.

There'll be plenty more opportunities to meet up with other CFG teams in the future, I'm sure.

It will be interesting to see who shows up.

Are the draft picks on deals beyond Shelton? Do they negotiate?

I'll make the drive up on a day off. I'll make some calls first. Don't want to show up and then tell me it's a closed practice. From what I've seen on Google maps it's pretty open and near a neighborhood so I should be able to just drive up.

Yes it is a rule per the CBA (I assume the most recent one is still active), that a certain break period be allotted to players, I believe it was six weeks. Even though this is our first season, many players on our roster were. MLS Cup was December 7th, and I assume the mandatory period probably starts a couple days after that (post season physicals and such still take place) so January 24th or so would be right. Not sure if any other clubs start any earlier.

We need to start as early as possible to build chemistry and develop a system. I'll have the interview with Dunn up today but aside from villa and a few local players no one is training.
They were all on break.

How long are they going to be in Jacksonville? Let's hire a local journalism student to report for us. (unlimited resources, anyone?)

Status
Not open for further replies.