Turn In Season Tickets And Sign Petition After Lampard News

How do you feel about the Lampard news?

• Total voters
J Jade Thompson if CFG had come out back in July and said we've signed Lampard to a contract for MCFC. He will play with the team for the duration of EPL and Champions League and then he will join NYCFC, we wouldn't be dealing with this mess. Granted his performance has driven the actions of Man City, but they even could have worded it as such. They didn't because they were aware of the feeder club perception. Their tune changed AFTER using the Lampard signing for the purpose of selling > 11K season tickets and seem to no longer care about the public perception. It's a very short sighted approach on their part.

Reactions: DiRoma
You may not have been patronizing, others have.

Soriano lied, in person, to the supporters. He represents the entirety of CFG. The entire Lampard signing and related publicity including selling his shirt is a lie as he's never been signed by NYCFC.

I have no idea what was said by Soriano to be honest.

I am certain that nobody at CFG expected this backlash so maybe a lesson has been learnt by them.

If I put my hand on my heart I can tell you I am pleased Lampard is staying for the time being but I 100% understand the anger of the NYCFC fans.

Not everything has been great at MCFC with Soriano

J Jade Thompson if CFG had come out back in July and said we've signed Lampard to a contract for MCFC. He will play with the team for the duration of EPL and Champions League and then he will join NYCFC, we wouldn't be dealing with this mess. Granted his performance has driven the actions of Man City, but they even could have worded it as such. They didn't because they were aware of the feeder club perception. Their tune changed AFTER using the Lampard signing for the purpose of selling > 11K season tickets and seem to no longer care about the public perception. It's a very short sighted approach on their part.

I agree its very short sighted.

We did not see any marketing for NYCFC here in the UK.

Can I ask a question without being vilified?

What would the reaction be if the Lampard deal was pulled altogether? Would the majority of NYCFC fans be happy?

I am struggling to see a suitable outcome here, what if he jumped on a plane right now and came to the MLS, woudl that appease the fans?

I agree its very short sighted.

We did not see any marketing for NYCFC here in the UK.

Can I ask a question without being vilified?

What would the reaction be if the Lampard deal was pulled altogether? Would the majority of NYCFC fans be happy?

I am struggling to see a suitable outcome here, what if he jumped on a plane right now and came to the MLS, woudl that appease the fans?

I think if NYCFC just moved on from Frank and signed another quality DP in his place, it would go a long way towards appeasement. We want players that WANT to be here. I don't see it happening though. I think he'll come in July and be met with a harsh reception. god help him if his play isn't quality.

I think if NYCFC just moved on from Frank and signed another quality DP in his place, it would go a long way towards appeasement. We want players that WANT to be here. I don't see it happening though. I think he'll come in July and be met with a harsh reception. god help him if his play isn't quality.

Getting players that "want" to play for a specific club is a tough one. Football is so driven by money nowadays.

Frank is class and you would certainly benefit by having him. If NYCFC do not take him someone else will.

I assume you are allowed 3 DPs?

Getting players that "want" to play for a specific club is a tough one. Football is so driven by money nowadays.

Frank is class and you would certainly benefit by having him. If NYCFC do not take him someone else will.

not questioning his talent or fitness at all. Watched him for years with Chelsea. 3 DP allowance right now but the collective bargaining agreement with the players association is up for renewal and there is talk of increasing to a 4 DP allowance.

His name is mud here in NYC now, he will be booed every time he is on the field we rather not hate that for the first year.it would be for the better if he never comes and s replaced.

not questioning his talent or fitness at all. Watched him for years with Chelsea. 3 DP allowance right now but the collective bargaining agreement with the players association is up for renewal and there is talk of increasing to a 4 DP allowance.

I think the youth policy is a major draw for both sides here.

Do you think some kind of share policy will be in place for younger players? To gain experience from both sides?

Does the MLS have a youth competition?

His name is mud here in NYC now, he will be booed every time he is on the field we rather not hate that for the first year.it would be for the better if he never comes and s replaced.
Until he scores a few goals. Fans are fickle in NY especially in the Bronx.

Would the boos last if he scored the winner in the first 6 games he played for NYCFC?

Is the damage really that deep?
No this place is full of people that like to whinge at the drop of a hat. Not a ball has been kicked and there are people on here that are crying like we have had a beloved team picked up and moved ala the Brooklyn Dodgers.

Would the boos last if he scored the winner in the first 6 games he played for NYCFC?

Is the damage really that deep?

keep in mind, that this isn't his first brush with negative press in the US as his antics on 9/11 were well reported

I think the youth policy is a major draw for both sides here.

Do you think some kind of share policy will be in place for younger players? To gain experience from both sides?

Does the MLS have a youth competition?

with salary cap and internation slot restrictions, I'm not sure that will work so easily with movement from MC to NYC, easier in the other direction