Turn In Season Tickets And Sign Petition After Lampard News

How do you feel about the Lampard news?

• Total voters
^that's what I'm referring to. It was stirred up again at the time of the signing. My personal take on it? Young, dumb, drunk and stupid. If I had every dumb and disrespectful thing that I did while drunk at 19 held against me, it would be a debt that couldn't be paid.

Reactions: einwindir
Forgive my lack of knowledge on the 9/11 situation, I am 19 so whilst I remember 9/11 vividly I do not remember much more than Frank getting drunk in an american bar or hotel and showing no respect
And New Yorkers let it go. They won't now. 9/11 is one of those things that normally get people hurt.

So if I come to NYC to take in a game should I deny I come from Manchester?
Stop it.

People will most likely just give you the stink eye and talk shit. At worst you'll be made fun off.
There are plenty of places a Manc is welcome. There is zero reason to hate on anyone from Manchester because of this situation.

He's a mets fan used to mediocrity.
Sure I would rather have a thrill and enjoy it when my baseball team does well. Yankees? No thanks any year you don't win the World Series is a horror on par with the world coming to an end. Although they could sell out the playoffs last time they made it.

Reactions: Christian
For me, its the embarrassment. I want to be able to wear my NYC shirt without feeling like a joke. Right now, we are the biggest joke in US Soccer. I am definitely not signing up to be a Jets fan. Being played like a fool by wank city is worse than the butt fumble and Rex Ryan's foot fetish combined.
As long as you stock up well on antidepressants in the preseason, being a Jets fan isn't so bad. Especially if you have enough of a sense of humor to laugh at them.

But as you said, this is worse than anything that Woody's circus has managed to come up with so far...
So if I come to NYC to take in a game should I deny I come from Manchester?
You'd be more than welcome. Just maybe leave your Lampard shirt at home :D

Ugh this will all blow over. I think we "supporters" have an over-inflated sense of how popular and important American professional soccer is to the average sports fan in the US.

By the time Frank Lampard takes the field this summer regardless what uniform he's wearing, only a select few will still remember or even care about the drama of Lampardgate.

Ugh this will all blow over. I think we "supporters" have an over-inflated sense of how popular and important American professional soccer is to the average sports fan in the US.

By the time Frank Lampard takes the field this summer regardless what uniform he's wearing, only a select few will still remember or even care about the drama of Lampardgate.

I think you are probably right, people are pissed at being misled but the excitement of the 1st game will overcome a lot.