RUMOR: Messi/Pep to MCFC and NYCFC

I think it would be VERY interesting to see if Pep can turn us into a championship dynasty with the limitations of MLS rules. While I doubt he'd come, I think it would be very entertaining if he did.

Perhaps he's the kind of madman who thinks he's conquered it all and wants a new challenge? Bringing a dynasty to MLS with NYCFC, opening a new stadium, bringing back Dome as his assistant (lol). It'd be a real test of his abilities to (1) develop players (2) flex and adapt his tactics in yet another league without the ability to bring in players on a whim.

kdb would be icing on the cake.

i don't think it'll happen, but i would love it if it does.

Reactions: Gene

I have been on the KDB and Pep train for a long time. Stranger things have happened.

I doubt it would be 2025, and it may not be both, but I fully believe that the stadium will come with a major player or manager announcement.

I can see the benefit of the team signing a big name (or two) leading up to the stadium opening. It would draw attention and help fill the seats.

Reactions: Sabo
If Pep comes over NYCFC has to be in the Open Cup so we can get Pep coaching at Belson.

I imagine we would play our USOC games at the new stadium. Only reason we have to go to Belson is that the team can't open YS and CF for those games.

I know there are a few teams that don't use their main stadiums for USOC, but if MLS ever returns to USOC, I think we'd be at our main stadium.

If this did happen and the team was on a decent run of form, I wonder if CFG would toss Cushing or if they would offer him a new home in one of their dozen or so teams around the globe. MC is obviously too big a leap, but would an MLS head coach consider it still a strong career move to take an assistant role at MC?

I imagine we would play our USOC games at the new stadium. Only reason we have to go to Belson is that the team can't open YS and CF for those games.

I know there are a few teams that don't use their main stadiums for USOC, but if MLS ever returns to USOC, I think we'd be at our main stadium.

The rumor is summer 2025.. so no stadium yet

Reactions: canchon
If this did happen and the team was on a decent run of form, I wonder if CFG would toss Cushing or if they would offer him a new home in one of their dozen or so teams around the globe. MC is obviously too big a leap, but would an MLS head coach consider it still a strong career move to take an assistant role at MC?
Perhaps one who is from England might?

. MC is obviously too big a leap, but would an MLS head coach consider it still a strong career move to take an assistant role at MC?
I think it’s situational. For Torrent coming off 12 years as an assistant becoming HC in MLS was a step up.
Arguably for Nick’s resume assistant at MC is also moving up, though for the vast majority of European teams only the top position would be an upgrade.
ETA: Marsch went to Leipzig as an assistant.

Reactions: FootyLovin