USL

Couldn't they have just netted out the GAM?

Maybe GAM expires, so it was older GAM for newer GAM?

I thought GAM didn't expire and TAM did. But who the hell knows how these rules really work.

Reactions: Shwafta
Transaction date: 9/3/2019
MINMIN receive: $50,000 in 2020 General Allocation Money, fourth-round pick in 2020 SuperDraft
CHICHI receive: $50,000 in 2019 General Allocation Money

Transaction date: 9/3/2019
MINMIN receive: $50,000 in 2020 General Allocation Money, fourth-round pick in 2020 SuperDraft
CHICHI receive: $50,000 in 2019 General Allocation Money

So trading GAM futures for GAM usable now. Makes sense with the draft pick as interest.

i put this in the QBFC thread, so here it is. Miami FC moving to the USL, leaving NISA and seemingly leaving that pro/rel crowd

I wouldn't characterize it as leaving the pro/rel crowd. In fact, I think this is an indication that USL is extremely serious about implementing it.

I'm wouldn't be surprised if they use it as a mechanism to clean up the Championship and relegate some of the poorest the MLS2 teams over the next few years.

I wouldn't characterize it as leaving the pro/rel crowd. In fact, I think this is an indication that USL is extremely serious about implementing it.

I'm wouldn't be surprised if they use it as a mechanism to clean up the Championship and relegate some of the poorest the MLS2 teams over the next few years.

implementing within USL ? yes they always alluded to it without saying it. but pro rel between mls/ usl ? i find that hard to believe, they can only push for it maaaybe when they have more infrastructure ( stadiums, their academy system is more developed etc) but TV is still a huge problem for this to happen.
which makes this bit confusing because silva always wanted to be D1 so some speculating something else is going on.

also when i say "pro/rel" crowd its more towards the cosmos / detroit city #"prorel4usa online keyboard warriors. miami was one of their biggest "allies" and now hes gone and said fuck this. also he helped establish NISA and now hes gone, its a massive hit to them and that league.

I think usl / usl2 will probably have something similar to liga mx over the next few years - where they evaluate the worst teams / least stable etc. and then relegate/promote that way... until eventually they can properly pro/rel.

I don't see why MLS doesn't do that.

I think usl / usl2 will probably have something similar to liga mx over the next few years - where they evaluate the worst teams / least stable etc. and then relegate/promote that way... until eventually they can properly pro/rel.

I don't see why MLS doesn't do that.

expansion fees, they aint paying it back to the potential relegated teams.

implementing within USL ? yes they always alluded to it without saying it. but pro rel between mls/ usl ? i find that hard to believe, they can only push for it maaaybe when they have more infrastructure ( stadiums, their academy system is more developed etc) but TV is still a huge problem for this to happen.
which makes this bit confusing because silva always wanted to be D1 so some speculating something else is going on.

also when i say "pro/rel" crowd its more towards the cosmos / detroit city #"prorel4usa online keyboard warriors. miami was one of their biggest "allies" and now hes gone and said fuck this. also he helped establish NISA and now hes gone, its a massive hit to them and that league.

Correct. MLS will never relegate teams, even within its own league. I'm talking about intra-USL pro/rel.

The Cosmos/Detroit City/Miami FC pro/rel crowd was never a complete monolith. Silva tried to buy pro/rel into MLS and has not been opposed to centralized leagues. Cosmos tried to litigate into MLS. Detroit City just wants respect and an actual path for organic growth.

Owners like Silva in the USL Championship is probably going to push for the league to obtain either formal D1 status (unlikely) or informal D1-B status, like a mid-major conference in the NCAA. I think it's great for the sport. Hopefully Detroit City and Oakland Roots and others somehow reach a middle ground with USL and we finally see some consolidation in 2-3 years of lower levels into USL League One and League Two. Then we also see top of the USL Championship making deep runs in the US Open Cup.

Correct. MLS will never relegate teams, even within its own league. I'm talking about intra-USL pro/rel.

The Cosmos/Detroit City/Miami FC pro/rel crowd was never a complete monolith. Silva tried to buy pro/rel into MLS and has not been opposed to centralized leagues. Cosmos tried to litigate into MLS. Detroit City just wants respect and an actual path for organic growth.

Owners like Silva in the USL Championship is probably going to push for the league to obtain either formal D1 status (unlikely) or informal D1-B status, like a mid-major conference in the NCAA. I think it's great for the sport. Hopefully Detroit City and Oakland Roots and others somehow reach a middle ground with USL and we finally see some consolidation in 2-3 years of lower levels into USL League One and League Two. Then we also see top of the USL Championship making deep runs in the US Open Cup.

DI-B....interesting take. it could work and maybe maybe get to a point to at least bring MLS into conversation of pushing for that D1 status.

Just found out a guy I briefly went to college with while he was playing for Queen's Park is now head coach of Tampa Bay Rowdies, managing the legend that is The Poku! Well done Neill :clapping:

Just found out a guy I briefly went to college with while he was playing for Queen's Park is now head coach of Tampa Bay Rowdies, managing the legend that is The Poku! Well done Neill :clapping:

A guy was playing for queens park rangers and going to college at the same time, really? That’s crazy he had the time for that!

A guy was playing for queens park rangers and going to college at the same time, really? That’s crazy he had the time for that!

Queens Park ;)

But yeah they were (are?) a part time club - Andy Robertson's old club - so that was how he had the time. We were at college in Glasgow and he would train and play in games while staying in the student halls. He was even captain for some games, and I think he went to Dumbarton after that, but it's been cool to keep an eye on!

Reactions: Ulrich
As a Eco-minded tree hugger that enjoys Vermont, I love everything about Vermont Green FC in the USL2. I even bought a t-shirt cause it’s dope. Everything they do is trying to be as environmentally conscious and sustainable. Plus their current third kit that has a white pine needle pattern is dope as hell. That being said, I’m sad to say I don’t think I will every watch one of their games. I’m just going to be a fan and support with a little bit of money.

IMG_2792.jpeg

Am I the only one excited for the upcoming Brooklyn USL League 1 team? The owners group already owns 2 Italian teams (one in Series B and one in Series D) and has, what I think, is a cool vision for the club.

"Two years ago, we began sketching out a vision to bring elite European-style professional football to Brooklyn. It was a vision to create a melting pot club in the most iconic melting pot metropolis in the world. We would recruit talent from all continents and create a true neighborhood club that would be a source of pride for everyone who identifies with Brooklyn. It would be Brooklyn’s club. Our thesis was simple. There is no place in the US that is more equipped to serve as the home of international soccer than Brooklyn."

I've always thought it would be cool if NYC had local borough or neighborhood specific soccer teams like London does and I think this group is actually trying to make something like that happen.

"We already have multiple venues ready for approval, and believe our fans are going to love the experience. We are obsessed with creating an intimate, neighborhood, European-style atmosphere right in the heart of Brooklyn."

They say they're going to reveal the branding and name soon so I guess we'll hear more then.

Reactions: adam and JCMore
Am I the only one excited for the upcoming Brooklyn USL League 1 team? The owners group already owns 2 Italian teams (one in Series B and one in Series D) and has, what I think, is a cool vision for the club.

"Two years ago, we began sketching out a vision to bring elite European-style professional football to Brooklyn. It was a vision to create a melting pot club in the most iconic melting pot metropolis in the world. We would recruit talent from all continents and create a true neighborhood club that would be a source of pride for everyone who identifies with Brooklyn. It would be Brooklyn’s club. Our thesis was simple. There is no place in the US that is more equipped to serve as the home of international soccer than Brooklyn."

I've always thought it would be cool if NYC had local borough or neighborhood specific soccer teams like London does and I think this group is actually trying to make something like that happen.

"We already have multiple venues ready for approval, and believe our fans are going to love the experience. We are obsessed with creating an intimate, neighborhood, European-style atmosphere right in the heart of Brooklyn."

They say they're going to reveal the branding and name soon so I guess we'll hear more then.

where are they going to play though? Cyclones park? Aviator field?

there was also talk that nycfc wanted to make a smaller stadium for NYCFC II and brooklyn was a mentioned option, maybe potential for a split stadium ?

Last edited: