USMNT Talk

"How the actual f** did you save that"
1627608669654.png

Not Sand's best game, but also not his best position either. I'm so happy for him to get this experience and continue to grow. Playing against the reigning Asian champs. That's not a joke. I'm sure he will learn a lot from this experience.

Last edited:
Matt Turner should be the starting US GK.

It might be contingent on his move. I can't see the Revs being able to hold on to him much longer at this rate but I really really want to see him make sure to go somewhere he can start. Steffan has no prayer unless Ederson (who jut signed a new 7 year deal) gets hurt and even Horvath might just be the back up at Forest. The National team keeper really should be starting regularly at club level

It might be contingent on his move. I can't see the Revs being able to hold on to him much longer at this rate but I really really want to see him make sure to go somewhere he can start. Steffan has no prayer unless Ederson (who jut signed a new 7 year deal) gets hurt and even Horvath might just be the back up at Forest. The National team keeper really should be starting regularly at club level
Considering how much Dike scored in the Championship while doing very little in the Gold Cup,the US keepers should go play there and dominate because the defenses there apparently need help.

Reactions: 413Blue
Considering how much Dike scored in the Championship while doing very little in the Gold Cup,the US keepers should go play there and dominate because the defenses there apparently need help.

or the team around Dike was much better than this gold cup squad. Would love for Sands to go to the championship. He'd get a lot of valuable experience. But I think he's good enough to play on a mid-table bundesliga side.

Reactions: mgarbowski
Caught offside pod did good/bad about the match last night and bad was Dike and Sands. Also said Sands been talking small steps back last couple of games. Maybe true, but seems unfair, only because he rose into the spotlight so fast.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
Caught offside pod did good/bad about the match last night and bad was Dike and Sands. Also said Sands been talking small steps back last couple of games. Maybe true, but seems unfair, only because he rose into the spotlight so fast.

he played his best position (center in back 3) in the first games he subbed and then started. then zimmerman got injured and sands had to play as a CB in a back 4, which he can do but it's no where near his best position. It's only natural to see a regression when you go from your best position to another one with a totally different role and set of responsibilities.

It's difficult to compare him vs Robinson who is a natural CB. Sands is more a natural #6 with the ability to play a middle CB in a back 3. His lack of speed and athleticism (his only real weakness) is probably what keeps him from truly shining as a natural CB. But you play to your strengths and even then, he's still miles above Hines, who is the other CB berhalter called up.

People who have been criticizing Sands are people who don't know him as a player. It's like when we criticized Gudi at left back being out of position or being too damn slow. But you can understand why he looks so out of place as a left back when you find out he's never played there before until now.

Sands role with the USMNT should be as the middle CB in a 3-man backline with the ability to step forward and be the 6 if the team needs a formation change mid-match or due to injury.

that is why he should be called to the 23 man roster as a backup for Adams and/or the middle CB if Gregggg wants that positional flexibility. Comparing him to Miles Robinson (who has a different set of skills) is not appropriate.

Just a hypothetical question. If Tata gets sacked tonight or in the next subsequent days, would you want him as a coach over Deila at this point?