USMNT Talk

Umm, close, but not exactly.

tom-yates-stays-in-texas-with-claire-while-her-mom-is-dying-and-they-begin-an-affair-frank-finds-out-about-it-but-it-doesnt-bother-him-tom-also-joins-the-underwoods-as-a-speech-writer.jpg

Btw, anyone else think Fox shorted us on the post game? This is just typical Fox and fully expected, but I want more follow up.

They themselves painted how significant the match was all weekend. The US squeaks a point with a great effort, strange formation, 40 yard goal, and we get squat for post game.

Attention fox: these are the times/reasons you have entertaining people like Lalas and Fernando and Rob on your payroll, you fucking cockwombles.

Last edited:
CONCACAF needs VAR. If MLS and FIFA World Cup are going to have it, it needs to be there. Two clear serious fouls by the same Mexican players that should be a red card.

Everyone seems to forget that at the end of the day VAR is still being decided by ref on field, if he/ she doesn't see enough "evidence" to overturn they won't do it even if it's clear as day on replay. At least that's how I have seen it being used so far.

Everyone seems to forget that at the end of the day VAR is still being decided by ref on field, if he/ she doesn't see enough "evidence" to overturn they won't do it even if it's clear as day on replay. At least that's how I have seen it being used so far.
I thought the penalty confirmation at the U20 World Cup final was odd. No idea what angle they had, but defender clearly got ball.

No. No way. Not ever.

Morris isn't half the player of Wood. I don't think Morris should be called in until he shows better at club level. He's not in the same universe as Wood for now.
Agree with you, I meant having Jordan Morris come on last night as a sub for Bobby.

At that point in the match, Bobby looked like he needed to come out and I wanted someone with pace to come on and stretch that back line and press. IMO, I would have brought on Jordan over Jozy.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
Agree with you, I meant having Jordan Morris come on last night as a sub for Bobby.

At that point in the match, Bobby looked like he needed to come out and I wanted someone with pace to come on and stretch that back line and press. IMO, I would have brought on Jordan over Jozy.
Nah. I understood. And in retrospect, I think I agree. But we really should have had a better option. Someone between static donkey and skill-less racehorse. We needed another Bobby to sub in for Bobby.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
Nah. I understood. And in retrospect, I think I agree. But we really should have had a better option. Someone between static donkey and skill-less racehorse. We needed another Bobby to sub in for Bobby.
If only Aron Johannsson was healthy and fit....

Reactions: adam
If only Aron Johannsson was healthy and fit....

I don't disagree. It will be interesting to see if he can get his career turned around. I really hope he does.

Any rumors about potential transfers?

Honestly, I think Christian Ramirez should get a look. But he didn't even get on the 40 man. Instead, there are 17 goalkeepers, Ucubed and Wondo.

Yes. He really deserves a call up for a look as did Aron.

Reactions: Ulrich
Honestly, I think Christian Ramirez should get a look. But he didn't even get on the 40 man. Instead, there are 17 goalkeepers, Ucubed and Wondo.
It's a little strange that he didn't get a callup. Arena has a history of unearthing raw talent and giving them a chance. Tony Sanneh is the best example. Guessing that Arena viewed the task of qualification as being so treacherous that he wanted to get over the hump using more known quantities that wouldn't need the same hand-holding that a newbie would require.

Reactions: Sabo
Btw, anyone else think Fox shorted us on the post game? This is just typical Fox and fully expected, but I want more follow up.

They themselves painted how significant the match was all weekend. The US squeaks a point with a great effort, strange formation, 40 yard goal, and we get squat for post game.

Attention fox: these are the times/reasons you have entertaining people like Lalas and Fernando and Rob on your payroll, you fucking cockwombles.
Really makes me nervous that they have the rights to the 2018 world cup.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
OK People I went back 5 pages and couldn't see anyone with a mention if they are attending The Game in Hartford on July 2nd ?? Is anybody going ????

Reactions: LostAnvil
OK People I went back 5 pages and couldn't see anyone with a mention if they are attending The Game in Hartford on July 2nd ?? Is anybody going ????
If it were a qualifier or a GC match, I would go as i'm 20-30 minutes away. Unfortunately my extended family has one big get together per year and it's on that day so i'm out.
Hopefully the weather is nice. I'd advise everyone to go, get there by noon, bring a grill and some drinks. Good spot to tailgate and you can stop at Cabela's across the street first! I would get together with everyone here and bring my grills and run an informal tailgate for y'all but I can't do this one unfortunately.
Have fun Angela and anyone else that goes!

Reactions: Christopher Jee
That Stadium is close to where i live that's why i ask ?
Are you going? Can you imagine being able to watch TMac in action in your backyard! ;)

I like that stadium a lot though, even though it's a cheap college football venue. If full, it has a great soccer atmosphere and tailgating is easy peasy!

Are you going? Can you imagine being able to watch TMac in action in your backyard! ;)

I like that stadium a lot though, even though it's a cheap college football venue. If full, it has a great soccer atmosphere and tailgating is easy peasy!
No i'm not but wonder if anyone who is going wants to meet me? Then they can finally tell me off in person! :p;)