USMNT Talk

Honduras with some real dirty play, while still losing. Good work boys!
Just saying Honduras says all of that. Other than El Salvador and Guatemala, they are the absolute worst. So really, they are just the best of the typical worst sporting teams in Concacaf.

I hate all of those teams.

Reactions: adam
Not really commenting on the ref's decision making last night, but it seemed like the ref in last night's match was constantly in the way of the play. I've definitely seen matches where a ball deflected off the ref or a player ran into them (our last match), but this one it just seemed so constant that the ref was always just in the way of things.

Who loves Pulisic?

giphy.gif

On a micro level, BVB's bookkeeper. On a macro level, about a dozen elite clubs in the top 4-5 leagues.

Who hates Pulisic.... Mexico.... I expect them to fouls the crap out of our wunderboy
Time for him to put on his international "big boy pants". I say he handles it very well and throws in a "scoreboard check" taunt at the end of the match!!!!

He did guarantee a win during his post-game interview.
If he delivers, they may hate him more than they ever hated Donovan. It's bad enough that he's a better player than anybody they have (Chicharito needs others to set him up to score), but to be the guy that beats them in their own house is going to infuriate them. Not to mention, as a teenager, they can look forward to playing him for another dozen+ years and he's only going to get better.

If he delivers, they may hate him more than they ever hated Donovan. It's bad enough that he's a better player than anybody they have (Chicharito needs others to set him up to score), but to be the guy that beats them in their own house is going to infuriate them. Not to mention, as a teenager, they can look forward to playing him for another dozen+ years and he's only going to get better.

A soccer player is believed to have peaked between the ages of 28 and 32 in general. Obviously the particular circumstances of a particular soccer player are variable and based on their own body and how well they've taken care of it.

So not only does Mexico have the next 10 years of Pullisic to look forward to, they then have another four years after that of peak Pullisic. You forget that he's only 18 and still has development left to do.

On a micro level, BVB's bookkeeper. On a macro level, about a dozen elite clubs in the top 4-5 leagues.

Who hates Pulisic.... Mexico.... I expect them to fouls the crap out of our wunderboy

he is not hated yet...until he constantly scores then he will. will they foul him ? sure like everyone in concacaf has done so far.

A soccer player is believed to have peaked between the ages of 28 and 32 in general. Obviously the particular circumstances of a particular soccer player are variable and based on their own body and how well they've taken care of it.

So not only does Mexico have the next 10 years of Pullisic to look forward to, they then have another four years after that of peak Pullisic. You forget that he's only 18 and still has development left to do.
There is many a slip twixt the cup and the lip.

Reactions: Paul
There is many a slip twixt the cup and the lip.
Yeah, this is why I never post about expectations when it comes to him, even if I do have private hopes of him being even better.

There's plenty to be excited about with how good he currently is. He's quite literally the best player on the team by a large margin.

When you watch the Pulisic goal (for the 1000th time) once you are done, being awed at CPs vision to see the run, and Yedlin's inch perfect pass, look at Jozy in the replay, and you will see why many can't stand him. He jogs to his spot, and never even moves toward the back post on the pass.

When you watch the Pulisic goal (for the 1000th time) once you are done, being awed at CPs vision to see the run, and Yedlin's inch perfect pass, look at Jozy in the replay, and you will see why many can't stand him. He jogs to his spot, and never even moves toward the back post on the pass.
I won't disagree, but that one-touch assist on Goal 2 was sweet.

Reactions: Gotham Gator
Well that's a shame:

"The news comes a day after Osorio also declared Miguel Layun, Rafa Marquez, Andres Guardado and Carlos Salcedo would be out against the Americans."
Imo, Layun is the biggest miss for them. We won't win the midfield anyway, as Herrera could own Bradley in his sleep. But Layun just always looks good against us and any other time. Perhaps Bruce will have a pair and not start Bedoya so we have a wide attack threat.

Reactions: Paul, adam and Sabo
7 changes from the T&T lineup.

Based on what Doyle says before that came out, and I bet he knows or has good reason to believe, i.e., more than a guess, the 4 holdovers will be Howard, Cam, MB, and Pulisic.

The guys coming in will be
Beasley (don't get it),
Gonzo (okay I guess simply for situation), Acosta (needed)
Wood (must start for counter attack purposes
Bedoya (eh, defense only move. I don't rate him)
Arriola (like it a lot if true, as he will do it all)
And what Doyle didn't have, but must be the case is Zusi at RB. THAT IS A MISTAKE. HE IS FUCKING TERRIBLE.

7 changes from the T&T lineup.

Based on what Doyle says before that came out, and I bet he knows or has good reason to believe, i.e., more than a guess, the 4 holdovers will be Howard, Cam, MB, and Pulisic.

The guys coming in will be
Beasley (don't get it),
Gonzo (okay I guess simply for situation), Acosta (needed)
Wood (must start for counter attack purposes
Bedoya (eh, defense only move. I don't rate him)
Arriola (like it a lot if true, as he will do it all)
And what Doyle didn't have, but must be the case is Zusi at RB. THAT IS A MISTAKE. HE IS FUCKING TERRIBLE.

I've never understood why Bedoya has continued to get time on the USMNT. I can't recall a single memorable perfromance from him and it's continued now that he's back in the MLS. Not for a moment in any of our meetings with Philly has Bedoya's presence on the field felt threatening, worrisome, or notable in any way.

Reactions: adam and Ulrich