einwindir

Registered
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Mar 19, 2014
Queens, NY
Who's going?
Where are you sitting?
Thoughts on who's been selected for the roster?
or anything else you want to discuss about the next USMNT friendly being played this Friday in CT.

Ill be there! Sitting in the 200 level AO section. Is everyone on here tailgating with AO or somewhere else? No bars nearby.

There will be 2 Third Rail buses headed up to the game. We will be leaving from Nevada Smith's at 3:00 and due to arrive at 5:30ish. It will be BYOB and if you want to bring food, you are more than welcome, but we will not have any grills. We will be parking in the Bus/RV lot which is adjacent to Lot 7. From what I understand AO will be parked in Lot 9. If you want to join the March to the Match, people will begin to gather at 6:00PM in Lot 9. Anyone is more than welcome to meet up with us at our buses to mingle with other Third Rail/NYCFC fans. Also, anyone AO or non-AO is welcome to join the March to the Match. Hope to see a lot of you!

Reactions: einwindir
There will be 2 Third Rail buses headed up to the game. We will be leaving from Nevada Smith's at 3:00 and due to arrive at 5:30ish. It will be BYOB and if you want to bring food, you are more than welcome, but we will not have any grills. We will be parking in the Bus/RV lot which is adjacent to Lot 7. From what I understand AO will be parked in Lot 9. If you want to join the March to the Match, people will begin to gather at 6:00PM in Lot 9. Anyone is more than welcome to meet up with us at our buses to mingle with other Third Rail/NYCFC fans. Also, anyone AO or non-AO is welcome to join the March to the Match. Hope to see a lot of you!
Just for clarification, in case any members here don't regularly check Facebook:

Alcohol is permitted on the bus and in the lots?

As of a few seasons ago, no open flames were permitted in the parking lots.

Just in case your laziness is getting the best of you, from BToto920 BToto920 's link:
  • NO CHARCOAL FIRES, open flames or large grills are permitted.
  • Kegs and bulk quantities of alcohol are not permitted in any vehicle, in the parking lots or on Rentschler Field property.
  • Caterers, other than the official caterer of Rentschler Field, are not permitted on the property. The unauthorized sale of merchandise, food or beverage is prohibited.
  • The vehicle and associated tailgating activities may occupy only one (1) parking space. No activities are permitted in areas other than those associated with the parking space.
  • Saving a space for another vehicle is not permitted.
  • Grills, coolers, etc. must be set up in front or in back of the vehicle; however, in no event may tailgating activities obstruct the free flow of other vehicles and/or pedestrians.
  • Ball playing and frisbee tossing in the parking lots and roadways are safety hazards and are prohibited.
  • No structure may be raised that requires supports pounded into the ground.
  • Motor homes and oversized vehicles may park only in the designated “Oversized Vehicle” Lot.
  • Trash receptacles are located throughout the parking lots. Please bag and dispose of trash to make it safer for vehicles exiting.
  • No outside food or beverage may be brought into the Stadium.
  • Guests will NOT be allowed to enter the Stadium if they are visibly intoxicated.
  • Tailgating is permitted prior to, and for not more than two hours after on Day Games.
  • Tailgating is NOT permitted after Night Games.
  • Tailgating is NOT permitted 30 minutes prior to event beginning. Anyone in the parking lots 30 minutes prior to event beginning must either enter the Stadium or leave the property.
  • No drinking games are allowed to be played in the parking lots. (i.e. Beer Pong, Beer Funnels and Ice Luges)

Reactions: 413Blue
Very strict rules as you all can see, but I do remember them being pretty relaxed. Everybody was drinking and I even had a charcoal grill the first time I was there. They came up to me and just told me to be sure I put it out with water after I was done and even offered to bring water over. I would not chance it though so just pack sandwiches or something. I am pretty certain the AO lot has special permissions but I have not checked what they got going on yet.

Just in case your laziness is getting the best of you, from BToto920 BToto920 's link:
  • NO CHARCOAL FIRES, open flames or large grills are permitted.
  • Kegs and bulk quantities of alcohol are not permitted in any vehicle, in the parking lots or on Rentschler Field property.
  • Caterers, other than the official caterer of Rentschler Field, are not permitted on the property. The unauthorized sale of merchandise, food or beverage is prohibited.
  • The vehicle and associated tailgating activities may occupy only one (1) parking space. No activities are permitted in areas other than those associated with the parking space.
  • Saving a space for another vehicle is not permitted.
  • Grills, coolers, etc. must be set up in front or in back of the vehicle; however, in no event may tailgating activities obstruct the free flow of other vehicles and/or pedestrians.
  • Ball playing and frisbee tossing in the parking lots and roadways are safety hazards and are prohibited.
  • No structure may be raised that requires supports pounded into the ground.
  • Motor homes and oversized vehicles may park only in the designated “Oversized Vehicle” Lot.
  • Trash receptacles are located throughout the parking lots. Please bag and dispose of trash to make it safer for vehicles exiting.
  • No outside food or beverage may be brought into the Stadium.
  • Guests will NOT be allowed to enter the Stadium if they are visibly intoxicated.
  • Tailgating is permitted prior to, and for not more than two hours after on Day Games.
  • Tailgating is NOT permitted after Night Games.
  • Tailgating is NOT permitted 30 minutes prior to event beginning. Anyone in the parking lots 30 minutes prior to event beginning must either enter the Stadium or leave the property.
  • No drinking games are allowed to be played in the parking lots. (i.e. Beer Pong, Beer Funnels and Ice Luges)

Rule #234 - NO FUN!

I had a great time tonight....despite realizing I forgot my tickets only when I arrived in the parking lot!!! Fortunately I live in the region and was able to drive home and get them with enough time to have an abbreviated tailgate! It was frustrating giving up that last goal but nothing is better than live soccer!! Had a great night and i'm already home!

Jozy had a poor game from my perspective, he needs some playing time, perhaps with some guys like David Villa and Frank Lampard!!. Omar is a straight up beast

My thoughts on players of interest to NYCFC:

- Tim Ream looked great. I don't know why he doesn't get more press. Think he could be an anchor for us
- Omar Gonzales rumored to be on his way out at LA Galaxy. I disagree unfortunately with 4 413Blue - I thought he looked awful. The people in my section moaned at his lack of speed and mobility. Is it possible that he is still hurt? If so, he needs to take time off and heal up.
- Greg Garza will be a player and a factor for the USMNT
- Jozy Altidore did a nice job of holding up play. I agree with 4 413Blue here though. The service to him was awful.
- Mix Diskerud was the best player on the field not name Enner Valencia. Seeing him live, he's on a different level than everyone else on the field. His touch and passing ability don't have a rival with that B side we had on the field.
- Bobby Wood - Pass
- Tim Chandler - Pass. How does he keep getting looks? Let Yedlin play RB and teach him how to play it properly. Unless he's the RW of the future...
- Joe Gyau - incomplete

The traffic was miserable. I left Stamford, CT at 4 PM. We pulled in the parking lot at Rentschler Field at 7:05 PM. Then it took another 20 minutes just to park. The facilities were poor and the team they had running the show traffic wise was worse. That place can't handle 37,000 fans.

Reactions: jomosono