Welcome To Ny -- We've Been Waiting For You

FredMertz

Registered
Elite Donor
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Jun 2, 2014
Best and Worst Idea for a Chant at the same time:

I had this brainstorm while driving in my car with my 12 and 9-year old daughters.

They opportunities to alter the lyrics are endless:

Best and Worst Idea for a Chant at the same time:

I had this brainstorm while driving in my car with my 12 and 9-year old daughters.

They opportunities to alter the lyrics are endless:

Likely story :cool: no shame in liking some Tswift.

Fred, are you that cop from the dashboard video that just went viral? Thanks for your service :)

I say this as respectfully as I can, acknowledging the worthwhile desire of both the author and the supporters groups to make an impact from the outset.

The entire idea of Taylor Swift as an official "Ambassador" for New York is bad enough. It's artificial, and ridiculous. The day a supporters group links a chant to a Swift song is the day that group deservedly becomes a league wide laughing stock. The entire movement to create a songbook has taken a wrong turn.

Guys, you need to take the pedal off the gas, slow down, stop trying to force it. Let a few years pass. Let some history develop. Let chants develop organically and for reasons that matter. Stop trying to link them to songs. Even the better idea of a punk song the other day was attached to a song which was a bad cover of a better Brit band. Why open yourselves up to ridicule? Especially from overseas.

Tradition takes time. Take a breath. Stop forcing it. It will ring false because it will be false.

Take a step back and enjoy that we have a team on the ground. There have been no games played, there is no history yet. If you insist on creating chants out of the ether, hire a professional to create some originals.

I say this as respectfully as I can, acknowledging the worthwhile desire of both the author and the supporters groups to make an impact from the outset.

The entire idea of Taylor Swift as an official "Ambassador" for New York is bad enough. It's artificial, and ridiculous. The day a supporters group links a chant to a Swift song is the day that group deservedly becomes a league wide laughing stock. The entire movement to create a songbook has taken a wrong turn.

Guys, you need to take the pedal off the gas, slow down, stop trying to force it. Let a few years pass. Let some history develop. Let chants develop organically and for reasons that matter. Stop trying to link them to songs. Even the better idea of a punk song the other day was attached to a song which was a bad cover of a better Brit band. Why open yourselves up to ridicule? Especially from overseas.

Tradition takes time. Take a breath. Stop forcing it. It will ring false because it will be false.

Take a step back and enjoy that we have a team on the ground. There have been no games played, there is no history yet.

So we should just have no songs or chants for the first few years? There's nothing wrong with trying out ideas at the beginning. Some will stick, some will be forgotten. That's how tradition is built, by trying things and seeing what works. Just throwing a suggestion out there (good or bad) is not forcing anything because the ultimate test is whether it takes off in the stadium.

If you insist on creating chants out of the ether, hire a professional to create some originals.

3772287-1622741599-23989.gif

Take a step back and enjoy that we have a team on the ground. There have been no games played, there is no history yet. If you insist on creating chants out of the ether, hire a professional to create some originals.

For starters, you should really have more than 16 posts over four months before you write a post with such a sanctimonious tone. You will not get very far on this board by telling people how they should express their support.

Second, being "too cool" to acknowledge the remarkable talent Taylor Swift has at writing pop songs may work for you, but you're missing out. Giving two shits about being the laughingstock of the league and giving even 1/2 a shit about ridicule from overseas is absurd.

And third, calling it the "best and worst" idea should have been a pretty clear sign to you that I was kidding.

I

I agree.

You know what's funnier than the idea of making a Taylor Swift song a supporter song? ARGUING ABOUT IT.

Less than 2 months.

Reactions: Paul

I dont like the whole Taylor swift thing but don't tell us what to do. I bet your one of them english