What A Time It Has Been The Past Month...

dannd23

Registered
Mar 7, 2015
3 straight wins after an 11 game winless streak feels pretty dang awesome.

Iraola signing on as a non-DP

Pirlo signing

a MCFC EDS star on loan

Indications of more signings on the way.

Has any other team in MLS had a June as exciting as NYCFC has? I feel like it's been a fan's dream.

Very true. And let this be a lesson for those of us who were so doom and gloom during our rough patch.

Any team, particularly a first year expansion team, is going to go through rough times. As long as we're progressing correctly big picture wise, we should be happy.

These are only my observations after years of being a Giants fan and wanting Tom Coughlin fired a 100 times. Only to have him win a couple Superbowls.

Reactions: dannd23

Pirlo signing

a MCFC EDS star on loan

Has any other team in MLS had a June as exciting as NYCFC has? I feel like it's been a fan's dream.
The really funny thing here is how much people were doubting and hating on CFG a month ago.

You are never as good as you think, and never as bad as you think.

I don't know if that applies when you turn over 50% of your starting roster half way through the season.
MLS Cup here we come!!!!!

As much as people talk about team chemistry, we need to face facts. Our summer transfer window has taken the weakest parts of our team, RB/LB and midfielders not named Mix, and turned them into some of the strongest parts of our team! OH JOYUS DAY!

We are receiving so many straight upgrades, and shedding so much dead weight, at so many positions that even if we suffer a temporary 2-3 game setback while everyone gels together our team will still be massively improved. Like seriously the potential quality of NYCFC is about to shoot through the roof man.

Like seriously, we can actually expect the worst performance of the second half of the season to probably come one July 12th, and I still think that the July 12th team would knock the socks off of the team we are fielding right now.

I'm just so happy right now.

Very true. And let this be a lesson for those of us who were so doom and gloom during our rough patch.

Any team, particularly a first year expansion team, is going to go through rough times. As long as we're progressing correctly big picture wise, we should be happy.

These are only my observations after years of being a Giants fan and wanting Tom Coughlin fired a 100 times. Only to have him win a couple Superbowls.
Please do not compare the Giants to this team. The Giants have a long tradition in NY, along with a tradition of winning...and a tradition of great defenses that won them their 4 super bowls. NYC FC does not have any of that yet...especially not the defense.

We have 4 wins about halfway through the season, and earlier this year I predicted 7 wins based on the form the team was in at the time. 11 game winless streak was plenty of reason for fans to react as negatively as they were to the team and its coach.

Kreis couldn't hold Coughlin's jock. So if fans were going after Tom Coughlin as bad as they were, of course a guy like Kreis would get it worse given some of the poor moves hes made in-game and out-of-game this year.

Now, while Im glad the team is playing better too...Im still realistic and not getting my hopes up until Kreis can actually beat good teams or our local opponents...rather than other mediocre to bad MLS teams. Its nice to have wins, but Im staying grounded for now until we are at least .500 on the season.

Let's move up this table some.

Last edited:
It's been a great month. A win on Sunday would cap it off. The only bad thing was the events on Long Island, I'm still bitter about that. #KutKwame #NoAlvarezPKs

Pirlo signing

a MCFC EDS star on loan

Beautifully said!

Pirlo signing

a MCFC EDS star on loan

Also wanted to mention that I'll be adding this post on today's podcast episode. Should be released within the next hour or so