What Number On An Overseas Custom Replica Jersey. Thoughts?

UPDATE:

I received the jersey yesterday and there's good things and bad things about this $17 jersey.

First the good:

1. The custom name and number looks good. Its straight, has the correct font, the correct style, the correct coloring, and is printed down well. It doesnt feel like it would come off easily. I actually did a light machine wash and hang dry after my review in order to do a quick test of the screen printing quality.

2. The MLS patches were actually decent quality for the price, and sewn down. I didnt think think would be sewn down, so I was presently surprised.

3. The NYCFC patch was spot on, and well embroidered.

4. The adidas patch was embroidered and of good quality as well.

The not so good:

5. The white mesh stripes across the back of the jersey, and above the name, see to have a couple of pulls in different spots. This wasnt really a big deal to me though, and I expected small mistakes like that. I mentioned this little mistake because I do wonder if those pulls can become big tears over time.

The Bad:

6. The letters I and H in ETIHAD were printed crooked. This bothered me some, but its mostly noticeable if you look for it...and I really looked things over. You can see how the I does not line up properly with the T.

7. The inaugural patch was cut crooked. It was laid down straight on the shirt, but it was cut from its cloth crookedly. I didnt mind too much that it was a cloth patch and not screen printing, as it looked nice and was laid down nice. The problem was its just cut crooked. No bueno.

8. Worst of all, theres a permanent crease over the front of the shirt. I tried a cool iron on the inside-out side, and that didnt do anything. It always makes it look like the shirt has a weird area thats a different color. I could have gotten over everything else if that wasnt there. But its too easy for me to see that and be bothered by it.

All in all, Im not happy with the shirt in terms of wearing it to game days or even casually...mainly because of the permanent lines of the front. However, for 17 bucks I feel like I got a good quality NYCFC patch and two ok quality MLS patches that I can use for something else.

In other words, based on what the seller tells me after I let him know about the quality problems, I will likely just cut the patches off and use them as team pride decoration on something else (book bag, t -shirt, hat etc)

So yeah, im not upset by this experience. Im very suprised by the quality of the breathable fabric used to make the jersey. I was very surprised at how the name-set was well done. And its funny...the custom name-set is what I expected to be screwed up, but it wasnt.

Ill keep you all informed on what the seller says. In the end I may give another aliexpress seller a try, or gogoalshop.com as well. After that I'll re-evaluate if I will continue with such means of jersey purchase or not.

Looking at your photos its hard to believe we ordered from the same seller.
Your patch:
index.php

My patch:
2015-06-08%2014.48.25_zpseepw1jxx.jpg

Even we assume the color correction is just different lighting and cameras - Mine is definitely not sewn on.

Your inaug season patch:
index.php

My inaug season printing:
2015-06-08%2014.49.43_zpslaxjjtsn.jpg

I don't even know where this stripe is on your jersey:
index.php

Cuz these are the stripes on mine:
Back:
2015-06-08%2014.52.52_zpslf81pret.jpg

Shoulder:
2015-06-08%2014.50.00_zpsci3bjdx7.jpg

So I guess the main takeaway here is inconsistency?

Wow wtf. I think Im just going to use gogoalshop. Its better than mucking around with aliexpress. I still like the site for other things, but I cant waste any more time researching who makes a decent footie jersey. At least Ive seen enough talk online and enough videos about gogoalshop, where I think giving them a shot would work out in my favor.

And this is despite my distaste for gogoalshop's short and uninformative responses to email questions.

Reactions: einwindir
Wow wtf. I think Im just going to use gogoalshop. Its better than mucking around with aliexpress. I still like the site for other things, but I cant waste any more time researching who makes a decent footie jersey. At least Ive seen enough talk online and enough videos about gogoalshop, where I think giving them a shot would work out in my favor.

And this is despite my distaste for gogoalshop's short and uninformative responses to email questions.
My gogoalshop order is coming tomorrow, I'll let you know how it goes

My gogoalshop order is coming tomorrow, I'll let you know how it goes
Please take pictures for us. Look for as many details as you can.

Number font, color, patch quality, screen printing, stitching, the works. It would be greatly appreciated.

For those who dont know the gogoalshop.com site has those ga-ga deals every other hour. So right now the NYCFC home jersey is $33.99...but if you wait to catch it on a ga-ga deal, its only $23.99. Plus you can get $5 off when you use someone's referral code. Actually both people get $5 off for a successful referral. So the NYCFC home kit, with MLS badges, and customer name and number would come to $27.99 with a ga-ga deal plus $5 off.

So Ill wait patiently for PB3's review before ordering. I saw the NYCFC home kit as a ga-ga deal earlier this evening...but it should show up again soon. Every couple hours there's 12 new ga-ga deals...so I just need to pay attention to the site.
Yeah, I will
Thanks.

Also, did you order from gogoalshop.com or gogoalshop.net ? Ive heard people saying that the .com site is the legit one, and that the .net site is shady.

For those who dont know the gogoalshop.com site has those ga-ga deals every other hour. So right now the NYCFC home jersey is $33.99...but if you wait to catch it on a ga-ga deal, its only $23.99. Plus you can get $5 off when you use someone's referral code. Actually both people get $5 off for a successful referral. So the NYCFC home kit, with MLS badges, and customer name and number would come to $27.99 with a ga-ga deal plus $5 off.

So Ill wait patiently for PB3's review before ordering. I saw the NYCFC home kit as a ga-ga deal earlier this evening...but it should show up again soon. Every couple hours there's 12 new ga-ga deals...so I just need to pay attention to the site.
Thanks.

Also, did you order from gogoalshop.com or gogoalshop.net ? Ive heard people saying that the .com site is the legit one, and that the .net site is shady.
.com

the gaga deals happen pretty often, so there should be an NYCFC deal again soon

Reactions: einwindir
You sure it was from gogoalshop.cn? gogoalshop.COM is a trusted site
I dont think so .I think it's just competitor game . something like gogoalshop.com stop us from buying his competitor and apparently .it works .

I tried .com before and Im really sick of their customer service (.com keep ignoring me after i had some quality problem and question about my package .that's really annoying.)and quality. Then I tried http://www.gogoalshop.hk and they keep me updated about when my payment was successfully paid .When my order was sent and they confirm with me if im happy with my jersey when i got the package .

Last edited:
I dont think so .I think it's just competitor game . something like gogoalshop.com stop us from buying his competitor and apparently .it works .

I tried .com before and Im really sick of their customer service (.com keep ignoring me after i had some quality problem and question about my package .that's really annoying.)and quality. Then I tried http://www.gogoalshop.net and they keep me updated about when my payment was successfully paid .When my order was sent and they confirm with me if im happy with my jersey when i got the package .
Hmmm.

Can you share more photos and a quality review of your jerseys from .net? Ive read complaints about .com as well as many good things. But I was bothered that they didnt answer my questions when I emailed them regarding past complaints they received. I wouldnt wanna have to worry about doing a charge-back if Im sent crap.

How is .net about customer service if you have a quality problem?

Last edited:
Well, I got my order from gogoalshop.com today.
I was thrilled when I got it, it looked fantastic, and then I turned it to the sleeves with the patches, and it went downhill.
I wasn't expecting great quality, I'm aware that this is a fake, but the patches are pathetic, the wrong color, and printed on instead of stitched.
Also, the Shelton print is kind of distorted but I really didn't care that much about that.

I'm usually an adult-Large, but I ordered an XL because I figured it would run a little small. It fits probably like an adult-Medium, which I'm not thrilled about, but it's still wearable.

I requested a refund or for them to send me another jersey with better quality, I doubt I'll even hear back from them so I'll have to end up trying to get my money back from the credit card company.
I would not recommend ordering a jersey from gogoalshop.com, after one of my friends told me to order from gogoalshop.com, it turns out that he actually ordered from gogoalshop.net, I wish he told me that before I placed the order. Hopefully they give me my money back or send me a new jersey.

Attachments

• IMG_2235.JPG
    IMG_2235.JPG
    120.3 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_2234.JPG
    IMG_2234.JPG
    107.5 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_2236.JPG
    IMG_2236.JPG
    87.5 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_2237.JPG
    IMG_2237.JPG
    78 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_2238.JPG
    IMG_2238.JPG
    157.6 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_2239.JPG
    IMG_2239.JPG
    100.9 KB · Views: 30
Thanks man. Now I know who to avoid.
3 things:

1. The ETIHAD looks way too close to the adidas and NYCFC patch. It seems to high up.

2. The MLS logo in the play numbers arent supposed to be white. They should match the jersey color.

3. The sizing issue is a damn shame. Especially after Ive seen a few videos say that gogoalshop.com is true to size. For them to be two sizes small is terrible.

Ill try my hand at gogoalshop.net and keep everyone posted. Ill likely create a new thread for that. They are cheaper too. Im glad everyone is trying their hand at this. This way its all documented and people know where and where not to buy. Maybe we get lucky and find a good seller...maybe we end up having to stick to official kits that are expensive.

I think the big issues here is that these sellers dont seem to have much experience with NYCFC or MLS jerseys yet. The team is new, and the league is much less popular than big European leagues. Id say this is part of why I see all these good reviews for gogoalshop.com or different aliexpress sellers on youtube.

It just seems like these sellers have much more experience with the trial and error of these other soccer leagues...and even other American sport leagues.

Thanks man. Now I know who to avoid.
3 things:

1. The ETIHAD looks way too close to the adidas and NYCFC patch. It seems to high up.

2. The MLS logo in the play numbers arent supposed to be white. They should match the jersey color.

3. The sizing issue is a damn shame. Especially after Ive seen a few videos say that gogoalshop.com is true to size. For them to be two sizes small is terrible.

Ill try my hand at gogoalshop.net and keep everyone posted. Ill likely create a new thread for that. They are cheaper too. Im glad everyone is trying their hand at this. This way its all documented and people know where and where not to buy. Maybe we get lucky and find a good seller...maybe we end up having to stick to official kits that are expensive.

I think the big issues here is that these sellers dont seem to have much experience with NYCFC or MLS jerseys yet. The team is new, and the league is much less popular than big European leagues. Id say this is part of why I see all these good reviews for gogoalshop.com or different aliexpress sellers on youtube.

It just seems like these sellers have much more experience with the trial and error of these other soccer leagues...and even other American sport leagues.
Let me know how it goes with gogoalshop.net, I'll probably end up getting a jersey with them if it works out good for you.

Here is my jersey from gogoalshop.cn .They uploaded the youtube video to their official youtube channel

You can check how the new york city jersey from them looks like

Last edited:
Hmmm.

Can you share more photos and a quality review of your jerseys from .net? Ive read complaints about .com as well as many good things. But I was bothered that they didnt answer my questions when I emailed them regarding past complaints they received. I wouldnt wanna have to worry about doing a charge-back if Im sent crap.

How is .net about customer service if you have a quality problem?

Yes .Yoou can check my video review for the NYC jersey from gogoalshop.cn.

gogoalshop.cn said .com tried to stop us from buying his competitor .They said they can make a post in their website saying that gogoalshop.com is a scam site as well but they did not do that .They wanna beat them in quality and customer service .and i wanna say they are doing it .

I can contact them by whatsapp (+86 18924089895) and facebook (http://www.gogoalshop.chris ) whenever i have question .

but gogoalshop.com replied my email nearly about 1 week after i sent it . that's the difference. i doubt one time if they have customer service .

As to the quality .I think gogogoalshop.cn is better though the website looks shabby .

Last edited:
Here is my jersey from gogoalshop.net .They uploaded the youtube video to their official youtube channel

You can check how the new york city jersey from them looks like

How is the fitting? True to size?

How does it compare to sizing on official adidas or nike jersey? And can you post some detailed pictures for us? The video is good...but Im curious to see a better photo of the MLS patch and the numbers.

Reactions: PB3
It's fitted .

My friend wear a size M usually for official adiddas . He's a NYCFC fan as well so I bought this one as his birthday gift .it's just fitted .
Ok good to know.

Though I dont know if I will be buying from gogoalshop.net. I just looked at their facebook page and there were several complaints where customers say they either never received their jerseys, or they got a defective item. Seems risky to buy from their site if those things happen...especially since I cannot dispute with them like I could on aliexpress.

I may ask if he does paypal though, because thats safer for me.

gogogoalshop.com in an email with spotty english said they'll send me a new jersey. I'm about to ask them for a tracking number/shipping confirmation, hopefully they actually send it.