Which Enrollment Gift Did You Choose?

NYCFC: we're gonna throw in some free bags for renewing
Fan: Thanks...WHERE ARE THEY?
NYCFC: well, we're running behind schedule, they're gonna be late
Fan: WHERE IS MY FREE FUCKING BAG?!?!?!
NYCFC: Good news, bags are here!
Fan: THESE FREE BAGS ARE SHIT! THEY HAVE TOO MUCH NYCFC SHIT ON THEM!
NYCFC: well, yeah, cuz we're NYCFC....
Fan: MORE LIES!

well i guess i got screwed....i havent gotten an email yet.

NYCFC: we're gonna throw in some free bags for renewing
Fan: Thanks...WHERE ARE THEY?
NYCFC: well, we're running behind schedule, they're gonna be late
Fan: WHERE IS MY FREE FUCKING BAG?!?!?!
NYCFC: Good news, bags are here!
Fan: THESE FREE BAGS ARE SHIT! THEY HAVE TOO MUCH NYCFC SHIT ON THEM!
NYCFC: well, yeah, cuz we're NYCFC....
Fan: MORE LIES!

Fan: Bags arrived....WHERE'S MY EFFING EMAIL?!?!?!

Thanks. I'm not savvy enough to know that stuff.

Sorry. I wasn't trying to be rude.

So here is what I've inferred...

The club went to Ogio to get these bags done. Great choice, I think, as these are quality bags that cost $80 or more. Ogio says yes and the design process happens. Ogio then sends over the mockup images to be approved and they are. Those are the images that we saw to make our choices. If the message we got later from the club is true, the bags just didn't look the way that the club thought when they got a sample/shipment and had to be rejected. This is where things had to have gone super sour. Obviously, I have no idea what these details are but I can see what the result was.

The deal with Ogio falls through and the club is now stuck and has to produce thousands of these bags. The additional layer to the problem is that we've already seen them and they can't just switch the play on the design. So they have to source a company to make this bag and make it look as close to the Ogio mockup as possible. I thought it was odd that there was no Ogio branding on the bag so I went looking through the backpack to see what is what. I found a tag inside that says 'Coyote Promotions.' I go the website and find that this is a corporate branding solution business. They have clearly worked with other pro clubs (Atlanta Falcons and Brooklyn Nets) and apparently saved the club from a disaster.

The thing that I found wild is that this company produced a bag that is element for element like the Ogio Urban. There is just no way they had all of these components sitting around so they definitely had to source all of these parts and make these bags as close to the mockup as possible. That's why the sky blue pull tabs look so garish. They are the wrong color, wrong shape and too big.

I won't even get into the rest...

Last edited:
Hey now.... I waiting for my very important gift next year, the stadium approved flask. I'm tired of buying 50ml bottles to bring in.
In all seriousness, can you bring your own alcohol to the game or will they confiscate it?

I wasn't implying you were at all. I asked you a question and you answered, which I appreciate. If anything, I was trying to be self-deprecating.
Cheers!

ETA - After you mentioned the Coyote Promotions tag I went back and looked a second time and found it.

Last edited:
Reactions: roxfontaine
In all seriousness, can you bring your own alcohol to the game or will they confiscate it?
"Clear factory-sealed plastic water bottles 1 liter in size or smaller are also permitted." Challenge accepted?

So here is what I've inferred...

The club went to Ogio to get these bags done. Great choice, I think, as these are quality bags that cost $80 or more. Ogio says yes and the design process happens. Ogio then sends over the mockup images to be approved and they are. Those are the images that we saw to make our choices. If the message we got later from the club is true, the bags just didn't look the way that the club thought when they got a sample/shipment and had to be rejected. This is where things had to have gone super sour. Obviously, I have no idea what these details are but I can see what the result was.

The deal with Ogio falls through and the club is now stuck and has to produce thousands of these bags. The additional layer to the problem is that we've already seen them and they can't just switch the play on the design. So they have to source a company to make this bag and make it look as close to the Ogio mockup as possible. I thought it was odd that there was no Ogio branding on the bag so I went looking through the backpack to see what is what. I found a tag inside that says 'Coyote Promotions.' I go the website and find that this is a corporate branding solution business. They have clearly worked with other pro clubs (Atlanta Falcons and Brooklyn Nets) and apparently saved the club from a disaster.

The thing that I found wild is that this company produced a bag that is element for element like the Ogio Urban. There is just no way they had all of these components sitting around so they definitely had to source all of these parts and make these bags as close to the mockup as possible. That's why the sky blue pull tabs look so garish. They are the wrong color, wrong shape and too big.

I won't even get into the rest...
Rox Fontaine, Third Rail President, NYCFCForums.com Investigative Journalist

This is good.

Reactions: NYCFCfan
Dickheads finally sent me a request to choose my bags. I've only been a ticket holder since the day the club was announced. Shit birds.

Mine will ship "in approximately 4-6 weeks or whenever we are eliminated from playoff contention and want to desperately cling to the idea that you will renew despite us being as incompetent at bag production as we are at roster construction."

I made up the last part. The rest is true. But the part I made up may be just as true. It's annoying that I get no priority in treatment, despite being an early adopter. They really need a marketing strategist to help them understand it's a bad idea to alienate the people who could be the biggest brand proponents.

Last edited:
I can't wait to get my bags so I can bitch about them. In the meantime I'm going to have to settle on bitching that I have not received them yet. I did get the email though but it was late afternoon yesterday, so that was a real disappointment considering others received theirs in the morning.

Ok. I'm now near tears.

Just got back home to CT from a long shitty day at work in Manhattan.

No packages left by the door from the courier. Not even a note saying that they'll try again tomorrow. I'm feeling a bit Disappointed.

Last edited:
Reactions: mgarbowski
Dickheads finally sent me a request to choose my bags. I've only been a ticket holder since the day the club was announced. Shit birds.

Mine will ship "in approximately 4-6 weeks or whenever we are eliminated from playoff contention and want to desperately cling to the idea that you will renew despite us being as incompetent at bag production as we are at roster construction."

I made up the last part. The rest is true. But the part I made up may be just as true. It's annoying that I get no priority in treatment, despite being an early adopter. They really need a marketing strategist to help them understand it's a bad idea to alienate the people who could be the biggest brand proponents.
mgarbowski mgarbowski i edited. Won't be offended if you remove the rep. I will remain offended by our club ops regardless.

It could just be they have a sense of humor... Perhaps twisted...

Reactions: adam