Why Is Man City Copying Us?

Billy the Butcher

Registered
Dec 22, 2015
Manchester-City-Crest%2B%25283%2529.jpg
So, city has decided to go back to their more traditional crest next year. The bird is gone and its back to the boat. Just so everyone remembers, New York was the first club to have the round badge in the modern CFG era. Typical, New York is setting world wide trends like usual.

It´s because NYCFC had a smashing badge and Man City fans in Manchester made their opinion about how crap their own badge looked in comparison.. IMHO

Reactions: Jock
I like it, but I'm confused, is it a sailing club or a bunch of horticulturists ?

Seriously if this turns into anything stupid it's getting locked. Bad attempt at trolling if you ask me.

No one cares about the initial post, people are just commenting on whether they like it or not

Nothing like our logo except its round.
Ours is a thing of beauty and graceful.
120 years and that is the shit they come up with.

Reactions: TabascoDiva
Imitation is the best form of Flattery.

Why a sailing ship? Was football invented in the era of sailing ships? this remind me more of our Christopher Columbus holiday.

Last edited:
The ship is on Manchester's flag or something....United's crest has a boat on it as well. Good to see we have the best badge of the lot

Since people are asking, and to avoid further confusion:

• The ship is for the Manchester Ship Canal, a canal dug in the mid 19th century to make the inland city of Manchester accessible to overseas trade. It played a huge part in turning Manchester into a huge manufacturing hub and made it one of the UK's biggest cities. The ship is of course from the era when this period of success was greatest.
  • The rose is the Lancaster rose, the family symbol of the House of Lancaster during the Wars of the Roses, which remains the symbol of Lancashire, the traditional county of Manchester.
  • The three light blue lines on dark blue are for the three rivers which flow through the city centre, also associated with the city's commercial prosperity.

Since people are asking, and to avoid further confusion:

• The ship is for the Manchester Ship Canal, a canal dug in the mid 19th century to make the inland city of Manchester accessible to overseas trade. It played a huge part in turning Manchester into a huge manufacturing hub and made it one of the UK's biggest cities. The ship is of course from the era when this period of success was greatest.
  • The rose is the Lancaster rose, the family symbol of the House of Lancaster during the Wars of the Roses, which remains the symbol of Lancashire, the traditional county of Manchester.
  • The three light blue lines on dark blue are for the three rivers which flow through the city centre, also associated with the city's commercial prosperity.
There you go again with your facts and knowledge.

Reactions: Aubyn Delta BC