Why Is Man City Copying Us?

Needs some orange........

Add some orange, remove the blue, couple of tweaks here and there and....

1913.jpg

Perfect.

I can't remember if it was Men in Blazers or one of a match commentator, but I remember someone observing that the latest trend in club crests seems to be that they are optimally designed (minimalist) to look good on twitter, etc. Can't say I disagree, whether it's MLS or EPL. Some of them look good, many don't

How is this logo copying anything? Teams have circular badges with circular names.

You could argue that NYCFC's badge is a complete ripoff of Inter.

You can also argue that a lot of badges look like this Man City redesign.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
You could argue that NYCFC's badge is a complete ripoff of Inter.
Did Inter rip off Real Madrid first? Both Real and Inter each developed their trademark logos in 1908, but Inter was formed in 1908 and Real was in 1902 when they first started working with inter-locking letters:

Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo-2.jpg

The NYCFC logo is influenced & based on the NYC Subway token and the NY Yankees Logo:

tokens-token2.jpg

latest

Which red bull logo is a rip off of the other? There's so many. The marketing guys didn't bother change much besides the location of the branch.

Reactions: Aubyn Delta BC
Manchester-City-Crest%2B%25283%2529.jpg
So, city has decided to go back to their more traditional crest next year. The bird is gone and its back to the boat. Just so everyone remembers, New York was the first club to have the round badge in the modern CFG era. Typical, New York is setting world wide trends like usual.
I'm sorry but I have to ask, is this post serious? Sarcasm sometimes doesn't come across online so I just want to make sure this was a joke, as it surely can't be serious

Reactions: Aubyn Delta BC
Ignorance is bliss. The ship and the rose are historical icons of Manchester
Have trouble reading between the lines do ya?

If you have to ask if somebody is using sarcasm, you might as well crane your neck back because it's already sailed way over your head.

Have trouble reading between the lines do ya?

If you have to ask if somebody is using sarcasm, you might as well crane your neck back because it's already sailed way over your head.
My point exactly. Whooooosh

For what its worth the fans were surveyed and we decided to ditch the eagle stars and Latin crap and revert back to a new version of the 1972 onwards badge.
We were at the game and just before kick off the badge was officially launched as we raised 3 giant flags.
The badge looks 1000% better in the flesh than the pictures that are showing on line

Manchester-City-Crest%2B%25283%2529.jpg
So, city has decided to go back to their more traditional crest next year. The bird is gone and its back to the boat. Just so everyone remembers, New York was the first club to have the round badge in the modern CFG era. Typical, New York is setting world wide trends like usual.
Clearly NYCFC, in its first season, achieved such high levels of awesomeness that City just had to copy our badge!

Reactions: Billy the Butcher
Well, I, for one, can't believe it.

It's almost like the uniformity between badges were planned?