Wingert Officially Waived

How the fuck did no one tag me? Definitely going to sit in my old seats at least once next year to boo all the dumbfucks who shouted at me when I would boo Grabaseat, Brosky and Wingert. But for now, my wife won an impromptu night out since I just saw this.

Midas out, sluts.
I hope Mrs Midas had a lovely dinner out.

Reactions: Kjbert
I absolutely would love Wingert back here as a coach or something. I hope the club gives him that option when he retires.

Likewise. They used him so much in the marketing of the club in the press. He attended the opening bell of the NYSE. He was interviewed during halftime of nationally televised games. He was up in the booth with YES when he was injured one game. He was on the local NBC or CBS station doing a segment on his favorite restaurants in a neighborhood. He was the hometown player.

I would have liked to see him player one or two more years here (with a lower salary though) then retire a take up a role in the front office or coaching staff. He's the closet thing we have to a Derek Jeter on this team.

That's just dumb. You're a better poster than that. Act like it.
It's realistic, Jiminy Cricket. I already have a mother don't need another one. I'm allowed to have my own opinions thank you. Having Lampard and/or Pirlo restrains this time from signing high profile younger players who can contribute all season long and for the future.

You can think big boy thoughts, act like it.

I'm reminded why I post here less and less.

It's about time. It's not secret I think Wingert is atrocious. I will repeat again, one of the worst "pro" soccer players I have ever seen in my entire life. This move right here is what makes me think PV and Claudio know wtf they are doing. Think about this. Here are the folks that got a lot of minutes for us last year that are no longer here. Grabavoy, Wingert, Brovsky (earlier in the season) Jacobsen ( who won't probably get cut but will probably not see the field unless the south american imports completely bomb). This year? Much different. No more wingert, yay. I wish him the best and it is nothing personal but he doesn't belong on this team.

I hope Mrs Midas had a lovely dinner out.
Thank you. She did. She likes the seafood. And no, there's nothing witty or funny, there. It may be my first ever purely factual post, delivered without any subtext.

Now, back to regularly scheduled posting:

I think she's as happy I won't have any fish in a barrel left as I am that they are gone. Can't wait to see NYCFC_Dan's video later. I need an early start on new targets for my ire. If I didn't have footy and message boards, I'd turn to hardcore drugs to self-medicate.

May we not forget Chris' most memorable achievement: subbing on for an injured player only to get injured and need to be subbed off 15 minutes later.
I really liked the appearance he made when we had Cosmos buried, and he proceeded to be boat-raced for the duration of his time on the pitch. Of course, that wasn't a solo effort. He couldn't have done it without his buddy Kreis being so eager to give him the old hometown birthday runout. Nevertheless, because it impacted me so personally in that it was a midweek trek way out to nowhere involving 3 modes of public transport and being surrounded by the most aggressive collection of douche crackers put together since Jersey shore and wasted the efforts of Poku!!!, I still give it the nod.

I am going to be in the minority here. I appreciated Wingert switching out of position to center back for most of the year and taking the subway to the stadium for a game he was playing in. Wingert wasn't someone I was disappointed to see in the lineup even after Iraola and Angelino joined us even though he was an average to below average player for us.

As much as I liked having Wingert on the team, I didn't think he was going to start this season and everybody knows our defense was the weakest part of our lineup last season. Its a smart move and I like the confidence that we are not going to want to waive anyone mid-season.

I hope Wingert becomes a starter for the Rapids and plays well except against us.
Did I miss Wingert to the Rapids?

Reactions: Kjbert
It's realistic, Jiminy Cricket. I already have a mother don't need another one. I'm allowed to have my own opinions thank you. Having Lampard and/or Pirlo restrains this time from signing high profile younger players who can contribute all season long and for the future.

You can think big boy thoughts, act like it.

I'm reminded why I post here less and less.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if they wanted to get rid of Pirlo and Lampard they could just sell them to Europe right? As opposed to Wingert we presumably couldn't find a buyer

players who can contribute all season long and for the future.

To be fair, Pirlo came in mid-season and anyone would be foolish to base his contribution based on that. Yes, I am obviously bias, based on the Juve/Italia connection, but I will have no problem admitting it a failure 1/2 way through this season. Lampard will be gone after this year, but I bet we get some decent production out of him. The team had no identity, no history, a mish-mosh of players...they didn't even know what type of DP to go after. So why not bring an Italian and English legend in to help build the brand up and give the people some excitement. What did we really expect to win last year..nothing. Now with PV here, I think we will start to see what kind of team this will be and realistically start building. We can have the best DPs in the world, but that doesn't matter if the surrounding players are lousy. We are bringing in some good young pieces now. Let them play alongside legends and get acclimated to MLS...then we bring in DPs based on need and win a title.

To be fair, Pirlo came in mid-season and anyone would be foolish to base his contribution based on that. Yes, I am obviously bias, based on the Juve/Italia connection, but I will have no problem admitting it a failure 1/2 way through this season. Lampard will be gone after this year, but I bet we get some decent production out of him. The team had no identity, no history, a mish-mosh of players...they didn't even know what type of DP to go after. So why not bring an Italian and English legend in to help build the brand up and give the people some excitement. What did we really expect to win last year..nothing. Now with PV here, I think we will start to see what kind of team this will be and realistically start building. We can have the best DPs in the world, but that doesn't matter if the surrounding players are lousy. We are bringing in some good young pieces now. Let them play alongside legends and get acclimated to MLS...then we bring in DPs based on need and win a title.

I will agree that Pirlo is a legend and a great player, he had a rough season with NYCFC but I think this season he wll be a big asset and show how good he really is. Lampard is another story this guy is not a legend just a good player that is past his prime. He came here out of shape and overweightand gave very little effort expect much from him.

Hopefully we can get rid of lampard at the end of the season and get a young that wants to be here and not collect a check like Lampard.

I will agree that Pirlo is a legend and a great player, he had a rough season with NYCFC but I think this season he wll be a big asset and show how good he really is. Lampard is another story this guy is not a legend just a good player that is past his prime. He came here out of shape and overweightand gave very little effort expect much from him.

Hopefully we can get rid of lampard at the end of the season and get a young that wants to be here and not collect a check like Lampard.

Lampard not a legend? The Premier League's highest scoring midfielder of all time?

I don't think he's the best use of a DP spot either, from an on-the-field perspective, but to call Lampard anything but a legend is insane.

He's gone after this year...and I can't wait to see what our next DP will be.

Reactions: Futbolkicks