Wingert Officially Waived

Lampard not a legend? The Premier League's highest scoring midfielder of all time?

I don't think he's the best use of a DP spot either, from an on-the-field perspective, but to call Lampard anything but a legend is insane.

Lampard would have never made any of these national teams like Argentina, Brazil, Germany, Spain, Italy. So yes maybe a England legend but based on the last 50 years on English soccer that is not saying much.

Lampard would have never made any of these national teams like Argentina, Brazil, Germany, Spain, Italy. So yes maybe a England legend but based on the last 50 years on English soccer that is not saying much.
Apples and oranges. Don't conflate being the Highest Scoring Midfielder in an English League with the quality/success of the English National Team and compare that to other countries' national teams. Last I checked, players from all of those countries mentioned have played in the English Premiere League and none of them, even with their storied careers, come close to the success that Lampard enjoyed.

Lampard was world-class at his position for his entire career, and in 2005 was runner-up to Ronaldo (the Brazilian) for both the European and World player of the year awards. He would have made absolutely any national team, and would have been part of any worldwide best XI during that period. And he retired from national team duty in order to prioritise league play, not because he could no longer compete at that level.

You've lost posting privileges. In his day, he was the third best midfielder in the world behind Scholes and Xavi. He could have played for Madrid or Barcelona or Bayern or Man U. He was a London boy who wanted to stay home. That's all.

Lampard was world-class at his position for his entire career, and in 2005 was runner-up to Ronaldo (the Brazilian) for both the European and World player of the year awards. He would have made absolutely any national team, and would have been part of any worldwide best XI during that period. And he retired from national team duty in order to prioritise league play, not because he could no longer compete at that level.

Never would have played or made the team at Argentina , Brazil and Spain he lacks the talent and flair to play at a South American and a Spanish team . In Germany he has the same issue plus the germans have the speed that Lampard does not posses. like I said good player not a great player. Great players are Messi, Ineasta, Renaldo not a JAG like Lampard

Never would have played or made the team at Argentina , Brazil and Spain he lacks the talent and flair to play at a South American and a Spanish team . In Germany he has the same issue plus the germans have the speed that Lampard does not posses. like I said good player not a great player. Great players are Messi, Ineasta, Renaldo not a JAG like Lampard

Argentina? Seriously, they have amazing talent at the top and then it falls off fast. I'm not a huge lampard fan but I'm pretty sure he could have started for then this past works cup even well past his peak.

Reactions: Kjbert
Argentina? Seriously, they have amazing talent at the top and then it falls off fast. I'm not a huge lampard fan but I'm pretty sure he could have started for then this past works cup even well past his peak.
Argentina is feast or famine among the positions. They're stacked at forward. Midfield has seen better days with mostly destroyers being produced.

Reactions: gbservis and Kjbert
You are totally wrong. The man's a legend. Once delivered a baby during halftime of a game. He beat Jordan and Bird in a game of horse. The guy's top notch.

Frank Lampard would start this summer for Argentina. He might even start for Brazil.

All that South American flair has really helped a lot at the last two world cups.

Messi and Renaldo are on a different level. In his prime, Frank was every bit the impact player of an Iniesta.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
You've lost posting privileges. In his day, he was the third best midfielder in the world behind Scholes and Xavi. He could have played for Madrid or Barcelona or Bayern or Man U. He was a London boy who wanted to stay home. That's all.
Umm, even England would like a word with you...excuse them if you don't understand scouse when you're told to go fuck yourself.

Gerrard was significantly better at peak than Lampard. Not even close.

Fucking RSL really has jumped the shark, right?

Their supporters are all, "Garth, my Garth, why hath though forsaken me. Forgive these ass clowns, they know not how to construct an MLS team."

Umm, even England would like a word with you...excuse them if you don't understand scouse when you're told to go fuck yourself.

Gerrard was significantly better at peak than Lampard. Not even close.

Lampard was the better offensive player by a mile. Gerrard was the heart of Liverpool only because they didn't surround him with as much talent as Chelsea did with Lampard. But Gerrard, at his peak, was not as good as Lampard.

You sound dumb when you say he was significantly better. Did you ever even watch Lampard play for Chelsea? Some people consider him the second best player in the EPL era behind Scholes. Over Beckham. Over Drogba. Over Giggs. Over Suarez, Rooney, Ronaldo, Cech...you get the idea

Reactions: Christopher Jee