World Cup Predictions?

NYCFC_Dan

Registered
Staff member
Seasoned Supporter
Mar 17, 2014
Tampa, Florida
So what's everyone's expectations of the World Cup this year?
I'm picking either Belgium or Argentina to win it.
However I hope Croatia and Bosnia advance as far as possible.

Who I think will win: Argentina
Who I want to win (realistic): Italy
Who I want to win (Unrealistic): USA
How I think USA will do: quarter finals

I have Germany over Brazil in the final. Zee Germans have been so good for so long, its about time they break through.

As far as USA, I would love for them to make it out of the group, that would be a huge accomplishment. Hopefully they can get 4 points from Ghana and Portugal and then hope for the best.

With USA it will be very tough. Even Howard in a recent interview said they will need to play 3 perfect mistake free games to have a chance of getting out of group stages. I'd love to see them succeed but it won't be easy at all

I agree it will be tough but its absolutely doable, with the squad we look to be forming I think its entirely possible for us to get out of the group in second with 5 points then play a young inexperienced Belgium squad that might underestimate us and lead to another victory but then we would probably play Argentina and I think they're far too strong that even if we're at our best and they're at their worst it would be nearly impossible to win, so at best with us playing perfect for all our games we can get up to the quarterfinals

I'm going with Argentina, they have Messi and the Pope on their side.

Can Brazil play Argentina in the final or would they meet before that? Argentina should be a destroyer of worlds. Aguero and Messi? Are you kidding me?

Can Brazil play Argentina in the final or would they meet before that? Argentina should be a destroyer of worlds. Aguero and Messi? Are you kidding me?

If they both win (or for that matter, come 2nd in) their groups, they can meet in the final.

I'm not convinced though. Argentina haven't been the team they once were recently. I'd have them down as quarter-final certainties and semi-final probables, but I reckon they'll come a-cropper when they hit the likes of Germany or Spain.

This will probably be Oranje's last WC with a strong squad of veterans (RvP, Robben, Sneijder, van der Vaart, Huntelaar, de Jong) so I am definitely giving them a good shot. Even with a weak defense they can beat anyone in the tournament if they play well together (which has been a big problem in the past). Group B will be tricky with Spain and Chile, but I'm confident that we could get the first or second spot. The problem is that if we get the second spot we will most likely be playing Brazil in the first knockout game which will be really tough.

I think Argentina has a fantastic chance of winning! However, it's going to be hard to beat a Brazil crowd in their own country. That's going to be some serious noise! But I'd love to see Italy win it but I don't think they will. But in my opinion I think the one team who has the best chance is obviously Costa Rica!

(Kidding...)

I have a good feeling Argentina can pull it off in the end, but Brazil being home and having a majority of the favoritism is a pretty big thing to have. Spain and Germany are just power houses that everyone has to be aware of, but I'm feeling an underdog story this time around.

Thanks for the post about World Cup. Just a tip about those who don't live in countries that stream world cup online. You can use UnoTelly to remove the geoblock and stream World Cup 2014 in your country free

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the post about World Cup. Just a tip about those who don't live in countries that stream world cup online. You can use UnoTelly to remove the geoblock and stream World Cup 2014 in your country free

I've removed the link in your post. By all rights I should've removed the reference to the website too but as this is the first time it's happened and it's early days for this forum I think we'll survive.

Please do not post links to streaming websites. We acknowledge that streaming happens and won't stop people from mentioning it as an option, but actively linking people to streams of TV broadcasts is the kind of thing that gets forums in legal troubles, and sometimes even shut down.

Reactions: einwindir