Would You Want Mix Back?

Would You Want Mix Back?

• Total voters
One of the Thai kids on the soccer team rescued from that cave is nicknamed Mix. When he had a chance to send his family a note some days ago he promised his mom he’d help her when he got out.
I want him on my team.

Also I heard that the kids asked to go to the World Cup final and someone is making that happen but I can’t find confirmation.

I can’t take any more Diskerud discussion. I mean, carry on if you want but this is my contribution.

Reactions: Kjbert and JayH
One of the Thai kids on the soccer team rescued from that cave is nicknamed Mix. When he had a chance to send his family a note some days ago he promised his mom he’d help her when he got out.
I want him on my team.

Also I heard that the kids asked to go to the World Cup final and someone is making that happen but I can’t find confirmation.

I can’t take any more Diskerud discussion. I mean, carry on if you want but this is my contribution.
I’m now gonna continue the discussion now just because.

And for the record, I don’t think he’s coming home, but I’d take him if it was an option.

Reactions: adam
There is no way that any competent organization would let him come back after the disaster of his first tour. If we can't find a Mix-level midfielder with our glorious CFG scouting, we have existential problems.

But remember that Mix doesn't need to occupy an international spot. So if CFG can find a Mix level midfielder that won't occupy an international spot, I'd be shocked.

Reactions: Ulrich and adam
They did ask and wheels were in motion but they won’t be recovered in time. Lots of top players and teams are stepping up to offer gear, visits to practice and games, etc. at later dates.

But remember that Mix doesn't need to occupy an international spot. So if CFG can find a Mix level midfielder that won't occupy an international spot, I'd be shocked.
If Yangel and Cedric are out of the year, we have two open international roster slots.

Reactions: Kjbert
We can cut him too.

Also next year would be one less intl spot to purchase (and they have been going way up in price) and a bonafide starter for the USOC.

ETA: and possible CCL compliance.

Rather see an academy kid like Haak.
Haak and Mix (or any other theoretical senior player) do not occupy the same roster spot nor get funds from the same part of the cap money, so the comparison isn’t relevant.

And as a teen, a young one at that, Haak doesn’t have as many minutes in his legs as a seasoned vet would, so it’d be great to have him but he’s not gonna be an every game participant for extended minutes.

Reactions: LionNYC and adam
By all accounts this is a squad of professional, motivated players. If we signed anyone whose career was strangely influenced by a sportswear brand then alarm bells would be ringing for me. I want this locker room to be singularly focused on success on the field.

Put me down as someone who once wanted Mix to work. But it's not going to work, folks.

Reactions: Kjbert
giphy.gif