Home 08/20 Galaxy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. Though I doubt it would happen, I'd really like for the league to release the details of their suspensions (reasons why).

And to the bolded point above, they are verbally accosted even more-so during games. Occasionally a coach will get sent off, but never a player on the pitch.

Edited to clarify: I have no problem with players and/or coaches receiving red cards for verbal abuse for officials. I actually think its crap that players and coaches continue to get away with the way they treat officials on the field and on national television. But, be consistent with how this is applied, both during and after matches.
In the EPL this year, it's an automatic Red on the field for any player to curse at the Ref. They finally said enough is enough with the abuse.

Last edited:
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but it looks like Keane will be back (albeit with some headgear):

http://www.lagalaxy.com/post/2016/0...be-back-lineup-new-york-city-fc-match-insider

Good find. Had not been official, but had been expected.

On our end, let's assume that Chanot is not available. What does our Starting XI look like?
- Mena in for Chanot?
- Do we return to Mata at LB and RJ at RB? (let's hope so)
- Does Jack start up front? or does Vieira go with Taylor again - or even try Mendoza or Shelton?

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Good find. Had not been official, but had been expected.

On our end, let's assume that Chanot is not available. What does our Starting XI look like?
- Mena in for Chanot?
- Do we return to Mata at LB and RJ at RB? (let's hope so)
- Does Jack start up front? or does Vieira go with Taylor again - or even try Mendoza or Shelton?
If Chanot is suspended, let's hope for a Mata-Mena-Brillant-RJ backline. No chance Taylor gets the start on the wing again after that dreadful performance in Columbus. Have to think PV was limiting Jack's minutes. If he actually has a proper overlapping fullback this game, you'd have to think RJ and Jack-Flash can give Cole a hard time down that right side. We will see though.

The discipline committee news usually comes out Wednesday or Thursday. This is dragging on. Don't they have cover for the people on vacation, or whatever is holding this decision up?

I need some help. I haven't bought tickets since the change over. I have a confirmation email that I purchased tickets for the match Saturday with mobile entry but when I go to ticketmaster like I always used to find them it says I have no current orders purchased . How do I find my ticket to use it Saturday ? anyone know?

I figured it out . They made it super complicated now though. I'd delete this post if I could. Sorry

Last edited:
In the EPL this year, it's an automatic Red on the field for any player to curse at the Ref. They finally said enough is enough with the abuse.

What do you mean enough is enough? Fuck the refs they get paid to take shit on the bad calls. If you ban that then they start to not care about the right call. just like the cops

What do you mean enough is enough? Fuck the refs they get paid to take shit on the bad calls. If you ban that then they start to not care about the right call. just like the cops
Disagree. When NBA banned complaining it was one of the best things they ever did. There is no reason that grown men playing a game they get paid to play can't act civilized. The refs imo do better without all the crying around them.

As for cops ... really? Do we want to take this thread there?

Disagree. When NBA banned complaining it was one of the best things they ever did. There is no reason that grown men playing a game they get paid to play can't act civilized. The refs imo do better without all the crying around them.

As for cops ... really? Do we want to take this thread there?

If crying resulted in a ban Marsch should be suspended for the rest of the season.

The refs are paid to make calls, not be insulted and disparaged. With any call, one side will see it as the right one and the other will see it as wrong. Think of it as similar to your workplace. Would you like to have your coworkers and subordinates constantly cursing at you? Actions like that would lead to discipline and eventual dismissal/firings. Soccer should be no different.

Cool news to share with my forum peeps. On Saturday the pre-game fan spotlight video on the jumbo-tron will feature my daughter. Hoping everyone will give an extra cheer for her. (And her proud papa.)

This sounds awesome. Wish I could be there to see it (out on family vacation). How did this come about?

Reactions: FootyLovin
The refs are paid to make calls, not be insulted and disparaged. With any call, one side will see it as the right one and the other will see it as wrong. Think of it as similar to your workplace. Would you like to have your coworkers and subordinates constantly cursing at you? Actions like that would lead to discipline and eventual dismissal/firings. Soccer should be no different.
It reminds me of what my Italians friends father said in broken English. In Italia there are two sports going on at the same time. The futbol, and arguing with the Ref.

It reminds me of what my Italians friends father said in broken English. In Italia there are two sports going on at the same time. The futbol, and arguing with the Ref.
I'd be quite content to let the ref card anybody that gets in their face after a call if they aren't the captain. That's the point of the captain - to be the liaison to the ref, ala a union rep. When teams take to the mob mentality of swarming the ref and abusing him with countless insults and screaming, it would be very fitting for them to all find themselves either ejected or sitting on a card. The first time a team goes down to 8 men versus 11, there will be a newfound level of respect and discourse shown towards the man in the middle.

And I'm not defending a ref's horrible calls as not to be challenged, but arguing them is the role of the captain, in a respectful manner, and after the game by the team lodging a protest if warranted.

I'd be quite content to let the ref card anybody that gets in their face after a call if they aren't the captain. That's the point of the captain - to be the liaison to the ref, ala a union rep. When teams take to the mob mentality of swarming the ref and abusing him with countless insults and screaming, it would be very fitting for them to all find themselves either ejected or sitting on a card. The first time a team goes down to 8 men versus 11, there will be a newfound level of respect and discourse shown towards the man in the middle.

And I'm not defending a ref's horrible calls as not to be challenged, but arguing them is the role of the captain, in a respectful manner, and after the game by the team lodging a protest if warranted.
Well said. I'm all for efforts to try to improve the standard of refereeing in the game in all leagues (I'd speculate there isn't a single league in the world where followers don't think the refs are terrible). But, watching the players get in the ref's face and complain all the time is not really a fun part of the game.

BTW, one guy I've noticed who is constantly going after the refs is Iraola. Wouldn't have necessarily have expected it, but he is constantly chirping at the ref and the linesmen. It is actually sort of funny to watch.

BTW, one guy I've noticed who is constantly going after the refs is Iraola. Wouldn't have necessarily have expected it, but he is constantly chirping at the ref and the linesmen. It is actually sort of funny to watch.
It really is funny. He sprints to the official on any potential card foul. He also goes after the offending player.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Status
Not open for further replies.