2015 U. S. Open Cup

Can we close this thread since we're out of it. I couldn't sleep last nigh after how we lost our match. We would have played the Red Bulls twice in 4 days, but we would have had to go New Jersey three times this season. Fuck.

Reactions: Gavin23
Jesse Marsch keeping his probable glee at last night's result reasonably in check:

"I watched the game last night, it was a charged game with emotion and competitiveness. I thought it was an entertaining game."
http://www.newyorkredbulls.com/post...york-cosmos-lamar-hunt-us-open-cup-round-16-0
I'm pretty sure he would be happy with either outcome. Considering their schedule he probably prefer NYCFC since Cosmos are a break for 2 months. They will be well rested.

Oh, somewhere in this favored land the sun is shining bright,
The band is playing somewhere, and somewhere hearts are light;
And somewhere men are laughing, and somewhere children shout,
But there is no joy in Nassau County.......the mighty Cosmos have struck out.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
Red Bulls vs. Philly though? We don't want the Red Bulls getting closer to winning a cup.

Sporting KC apparently beat FC Dallas 6-2 tonight, with Dom Dwyer scoring four of KC's six (one of which was a penalty). That must have been some match. Did anyone see it?

I wouldn't mind seeing Philadelphia win the US Open Cup and then continue to fall to the worst team in MLS.