2016 Schedule!

Oh FFS...... this schedule sucks..... let's just clump a bunch of home games together when it's cold and have a lot of away games when the weather is beautiful.

I felt the same way, but then again - a few of those June - August matches are in cities that wont be as hot and humid as NYC. So it may suck for us as supporters bc we wont have them playing at home, but the cooler temps may work to our players' benefit.

Five very winnable games to start the season.
Then six very difficult games with philly and montreal sprinkled in there.
three winnables at home
six brutal games.
colorado at home
7 very tough games
2 easier
2 harder

13 winners on paper, 21 losses. We are going to have to be much better than last year.

Hopefully our old men can avoid pulling up lame during the early stretch of chilly home games at YS.
I'm more worried about our old men keeling over in the high heat of summer away games farther south/west of us...... none of them have completed the Nowak No-water Endurance Program

Hopefully our old men can avoid pulling up lame during the early stretch of chilly home games at YS.
The glass full view:

We could actually play a mirror image of last year's horrible start from March-June. We have a lot of winnable games in March-June this year and could very well be in a strong position come summer.

No doubt we are going to drop points in July and August. But we could have points to spare by then if take care of business when and where we should in the early schedule.

Then we have 4 of our last 7 back in the friendly confines of Da Branx.

I'm seeing possibilities!!!

from june 25 through september 17th we might be the favorite in 1 game out of 14
I think what we're all forgetting is that we're viewing this schedule through the lenses of a Kreis-led & Grabavoy anchored team...... this ain't no plastic 1st year club..... With PV at the helm and the Poku/Mix/3DP train barreling through opponents, we should conceivably be favored for 30-31 games..... and with that, I'm going to get drink or three.....

6 out of 7 and 7 out of 9 away during July and August.

Guess they think that everyone is leaving the city in July and August for vacation. Horrible.
Who wants to bet that it snows during one of those 3 games in March?
Only upside is that there will not be a lot of stinking hot games (thinking of that MTL game in July at 4 PM last year).

Reactions: Kjbert
Oh, just great. First home game against Red Bulls is the day I'm getting married, and the second home game is during my honeymoon. Need to ask fiancee about rescheduling the whole wedding-we've-been-planning-for-over-a-year thing.

I'm more worried about our old men keeling over in the high heat of summer away games farther south/west of us...... none of them have completed the Nowak No-water Endurance Program

i dont know if i should laugh at this or not

Here is our East breakdown:

Chicago 2H 1A
Columbus 1H 2A
DC 1H 2A
Montreal 1H 1A
New England 1H 2A
NYRB 2H 1A
Orlando 2H 1A
Philadelphia 1H 1A
Toronto 1H 1A

2 Games Montreal, Philadelphia, Toronto
2 Home Chicago, NYRB, Orlando
2 Away Columbus, DC, New England,

Last year Chicago, Columbus, DC were the teams we played twice.
RB, New England, and Orlando stayed at 3 games, flipping the 2/1 H/A splits..

Reactions: danger
I think the reason our schedule was deemed tough is we play the top 2 teams in the East 3 times, and 3 of the top 4 West teams on the road. But I don't think strength of schedule in MLS is as determinative as in the NFL.

I think what we're all forgetting is that we're viewing this schedule through the lenses of a Kreis-led & Grabavoy anchored team...... this ain't no plastic 1st year club..... With PV at the helm and the Poku/Mix/3DP train barreling through opponents, we should conceivably be favored for 30-31 games..... and with that, I'm going to get drink or three.....
I'm really enjoying the optimism, I was thinking about this team like its Kries led! I am really excited to see what PV does! This team should be much better than last year!

I may be in the minority of those who love the game against the Red Bulls on July 3. In my experience, games at YS over that holiday weekend not only draw huge crowds, but have a distinctive fun, vibrant and festive feel to them. I've always loved to go to Yankees games over the Fourth of July. (It does of course stink for those who will be out of town.)

I think the reason our schedule was deemed tough is we play the top 2 teams in the East 3 times, and 3 of the top 4 West teams on the road. But I don't think strength of schedule in MLS is as determinative as in the NFL.

Our schedule was also deemed tough because we don't play ourselves.

This schedule is okay. We will have to be better, but we knew that already. The notable thing is that - like last year - we have an easier first half of the season and a tougher back half. We will have to take advantage of our easier start to the season. We can't afford to start slowly and then have to fight for points against the better teams.