2019 Offseason Thread

I’m with Midas Mulligan Midas Mulligan except for Parks.

To succeed in MLS, you need to be able to play physically. I think he’ll do really well here. How well is more dependent on Dome than him.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
I’m with Midas Mulligan Midas Mulligan except for Parks.

To succeed in MLS, you need to be able to play physically. I think he’ll do really well here. How well is more dependent on Dome than him.
I’m not worried if Keaton can play for us. I am confident he is behind only Maxi in quality on the ball.

My point was entirely that the club has given us no reason to believe that will get him on the field.

Reactions: gbservis and Kjbert
None of this stuff is even mildly interesting, aside from Parks, whom I’ll need to see actually get playing time given our propensity to rot US talent on the bench.

This is where we are? We’re supposed to pat the club on the back for a window where the biggest incoming transfer is a loan for a Benfica B midfielder and the drama is whether or not we snag a journeyman winger from Scotland? And the other business could and should have been locked down a long time ago.

Nah. I’m good, fam. I’ll stay skeptical.

A week's not a window and being interested isn't the same as being satisfied. Personally I'm both re Parks, who I think we're collectively not making a big enough deal about, and signing our best academy prospect to a homegrown deal. As for overall satisfaction with the offseason, we can tally that up when we're done shopping and have seen these guys play. For now I'm just happy to have things to talk about.

I’m not worried if Keaton can play for us. I am confident he is behind only Maxi in quality on the ball.

My point was entirely that the club has given us no reason to believe that will get him on the field.

I don’t even know what formation you would have to play to get Ring, Maxi and Parks all on the pitch together and have it work the way Dome wants to play.

Unless Maxi and Medina are going to play tucked in underneath a Striker like Hazard/Pedro did under Conte, and Ring and Parks are a double pivot. But Dome hasn’t shown a flair for strong formation creativity.

A week's not a window and being interested isn't the same as being satisfied. Personally I'm both re Parks, who I think we're collectively not making a big enough deal about, and signing our best academy prospect to a homegrown deal. As for overall satisfaction with the offseason, we can tally that up when we're done shopping and have seen these guys play. For now I'm just happy to have things to talk about.

I don’t think it’s fair to look at Haak as part of our offseason’s activity.

You need to separate that from the other moves. It’s exckting for the player and the fan base but it has absolutely no impact on our play this season.

Reactions: gbservis and Jock
I don’t think it’s fair to look at Haak as part of our offseason’s activity.

You need to separate that from the other moves. It’s exckting for the player and the fan base but it has absolutely no impact on our play this season.
And Haak was only our best academy signing because the best guy in front of him already left. That’s not a slam on Haak, because I’m a fan of his play and have wanted him signed since last year, but we already lost out on the biggest star on that squad.

Updated (before Shwafta Shwafta asks me to add terminations). :)

iUPMfVv.png

That’s cute. It is fun to comment and watch our club leadership play out our worst fears in real time.

And really, how big of a deal can we make over a loan? The best case for us is he crushes it for one year, and we wave goodbye. So absolute most we can hope for is analogous to finding the love of your life and the person is terminal.

And really, how big of a deal can we make over a loan? The best case for us is he crushes it for one year, and we wave goodbye. So absolute most we can hope for is analogous to finding the love of your life and the person is terminal.

As Tennyson wrote:

I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than to settle for Ofori-ball.

Is it weird to anyone else that training camp allegedly began today, yet there was literally no tweets from the team, no articles on the website ... it's like it didn't even happen. I know it's a Saturday and they leave for Abu Dhabi on Tuesday, but you'd think they'd want to send something regarding the official first day of the season?

It almost feels like from the front office to the fanbase, the entire organization is dreading this season.

Is it weird to anyone else that training camp allegedly began today, yet there was literally no tweets from the team, no articles on the website ... it's like it didn't even happen. I know it's a Saturday and they leave for Abu Dhabi on Tuesday, but you'd think they'd want to send something regarding the official first day of the season?

It almost feels like from the front office to the fanbase, the entire organization is dreading this season.
They probably were just doing seminars and PowerPoints today. They probably get dressed for some type of physical training tomorrow and we'll start seeing more from that.

Reactions: Shwafta

You think the front office cares what the fanbase thinks anymore?

My only hope is our striker(s) targets are related to the Jan transfer window and are based on their current clubs leaving it to the last day to announce the targets replacement

Reactions: gbservis and Kjbert