2019 Roster Discussion

What Position Should NYCFC Target For Its Splash Signing?

• Striker

Votes: 52 89.7%
  • Midfielder

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • Defender

Votes: 3 5.2%

• Total voters
Do you have a source on this part? I've asked around and the only informed opinion I've gotten so far (based on Brad Guzan, I think) is that the number in the MLSPA salary data is the actual amount that summer signings earn, not an extrapolation to what they would have made for a full season.

That's a fair question. The MLS PA says it provides the "base salary" and "average annual guaranteed compensation" - both of which imply to me that the figure is what they would make over the whole year, but it's difficult to really know. It may also be that what's reported for summer arrivals varies by player with some having specific comp for the stub period and others just showing an annual amount. Check out Chanot from 2016 to 2017 (he arrived in July 2016).

Reactions: dummyrun
Protection from what? Can they PLLLEEAAASEEEE take Berget?

Protection form having a player taken in the expansion draft. Something like $200k GAM and no players selected.

We're obviously not going to see eye to eye on Lewis, and that's not an issue.

Random question since you brought up hockey, do you watch/follow at all?
You’re kind of a dick to be new.

And you kind of just parrot the same takes and act like you have sources. We already have that role filled, dude.

Wallace is Costa Rican. He just has a green card.
Pretty sure that’s not true. He’s lived in the US since he was like 8-10 or something.

Yeah. We’re really shit.

The only saving grace of this season was
1. I kept my promise never to attend another match U3 started for this club.
2. I can keep it forever now because his clown ass is gone.

Medina has heaps of talent. My worry is that the MLS is not a good league for him. He's really weak and gets knocked off ball constantly. It gets into his head and he starts to actively avoid the contact causing him to completely disappear in games for long stretches. Still super young so hopefully he gets stronger but I could see him continuing to struggle for us only to flourish following a transfer to a less physical league.
He’s not that physical, but he makes up for it by lacking aggression, technical skill, and a right foot.

He can’t even kick it past and run by someone, which is all he did in his signing film, as (ahem) someone (and some others) pointed out.

Pretty sure that’s not true. He’s lived in the US since he was like 8-10 or something.

Yeah. We’re really shit.

The only saving grace of this season was
1. I kept my promise never to attend another match U3 started for this club.
2. I can keep it forever now because his clown ass is gone.

Rodney Wallace.

Born in San Jose, Costa Rica. Moved to the US when he was 9.

Green card holder. https://web.archive.org/web/2012022...11/09/timbers-wallace-gets-it-done-costa-rica

Reactions: Kangaroo Jack
We're obviously not going to see eye to eye on Lewis, and that's not an issue.

Random question since you brought up hockey, do you watch/follow at all?
Is this some sort of legitimacy thing where you’re looking for bonafides since I cited another sport? I guess you got me since I haven’t followed closely for the last decade+, but I can name most of the players on the Flyers from the early 80s through the late 90s and thought John LeClair was a man among boys as an American forward dominating a league known more for its Canadians & the best Europeans who made the jump over.

Is this some sort of legitimacy thing where you’re looking for bonafides since I cited another sport? I guess you got me since I haven’t followed closely for the last decade+, but I can name most of the players on the Flyers from the early 80s through the late 90s and thought John LeClair was a man among boys as an American forward dominating a league known more for its Canadians & the best Europeans who made the jump over.
“Random question”

You don’t make new friends easily do you?
Thanks for the history lesson though grandpa