2020 & 2021 Season Ticket Thread

For STHs: If NYCFC hosts 0 matches at YS/CF in 2020, which would you prefer?

• Complete Refund

Votes: 18 62.1%
  • Credit to 2021 Season

Votes: 11 37.9%

• Total voters
Screenshot_20210630-172059_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20210630-172059_Chrome.jpg
see my post above for what happened for the 2021 season.

for 2020 season - it depends what you chose to do during covid. there were several options that ranged from cancelling your membership and receiving a full refund to full rollover of money into 2021.

based on your ticket bank balance, it seems you did some kind of rollover, but you should look back at your records or talk to your rep to be sure. in which case, you are still owed the bonus incentives they were offering members to roll over 2020 money into 2021. You'll be able to pick that up at a home game at some point. Also talk to your rep about this.

Finally, club emails said you will be able to get a full refund on any leftover money in the ticket bank balance if you don't use it all this season. since you cancelled your membership already, then once the season is over, you should get your refund and everything should be zeroed out.
It was actually the post you replied to that made me go check because it's the first I heard of the ticket bank. But what do you mean by "they will charge you" once the games are back open to full capacity? Based on the email Higgs shared it looks like I was paid up for 2021 and canceled within the correct window. But I cannot check because my invoices look like this

View attachment 11269View attachment 11269
It was actually the post you replied to that made me go check because it's the first I heard of the ticket bank. But what do you mean by "they will charge you" once the games are back open to full capacity? Based on the email Higgs shared it looks like I was paid up for 2021 and canceled within the correct window. But I cannot check because my invoices look like this

"they will charge you" meaning attendance will no longer be optional and if you miss a game, the money for that game will still be deducted from your account (ticket bank). You'll still have your trade in and resell options if you miss a game, but the amount will be deducted from your account.

Reactions: Schwallacus
Okay I completely misunderstood how cancellation works. I got it now, thanks for your help.

Reactions: moogoo
So according to the email I just received from the club, the average price per ticket I am paying for the Yankee Stadium home games is $178 per ticket, despite the fact that my tickets are supposed to be $117 per ticket over the course of the season.

They are charging me 53% of my full-season cost for 35% (6 of 17, not including the Leagues Cup game) of the season.

Amazing that these few remaining games just happened to almost all be high-tier games!

These guys literally never get anything right. Any chance they get to squeeze us, they squeeze us.

So according to the email I just received from the club, the average price per ticket I am paying for the Yankee Stadium home games is $178 per ticket, despite the fact that my tickets are supposed to be $117 per ticket over the course of the season.

They are charging me 53% of my full-season cost for 35% (6 of 17, not including the Leagues Cup game) of the season.

Amazing that these few remaining games just happened to almost all be high-tier games!

These guys literally never get anything right. Any chance they get to squeeze us, they squeeze us.

I'm going to keep my logic of how this must be wrong private in case the Intern reads it before I talk to the front office so they can't prepare a defense but the numbers don't add up...at all...

This is appalling to say the least. They’ve had our money for over a year and this is the easiest way for them to keep most of it without giving us much for it. I’ve been on the fence about keeping the tickets in general versus cherry picking and this pretty much seals the deal for me.

I rather this team just tell me that they are just cash strapped and needs our money instead of doing this BS. I am being charged more for the Tier 2 tickets than I paid for my playoff tickets in 2019.

I'm going to keep my logic of how this must be wrong private in case the Intern reads it before I talk to the front office so they can prepare a defense but the numbers don't add up...at all...
Remember, they used variable pricing in 2019 but had ditched it for the 2020 season and it was never mentioned, even in concept, for 2021.

Based on the information in the email, we know the tiering of 11 of the 17 scheduled home games. We only don't know FCC, TFC, ATL, MTL, MIA and NSH.

Based on the prices they gave us and extrapolating those prices to the RBA games against tiered opponents, those 11 games would have cost me $3794 (or $172 per seat per game).

In order to match my season ticket holder price of $3978, the total cost of the six games (12 tickets) we don't know the tiering of would need to be $184 or $15.33 per ticket.

That is absolutely criminal and I don't care if an intern reads this because they can take all the time in the world and not be able to defend this.

I can't imagine we are the only ones disgruntled about this. The FO and reps are going to be hearing it from a lot of people. So much for keeping the price the same... this is essentially raising prices without doing so with the quoted STH number knowing that many of us didn't go to all the games since so many are at RBA and due to covid.

Reactions: Kjbert
I can't imagine we are the only ones disgruntled about this. The FO and reps are going to be hearing it from a lot of people. So much for keeping the price the same... this is essentially raising prices without doing so with the quoted STH number knowing that many of us didn't go to all the games since so many are at RBA and due to covid.

im thinking the whole tiered system is going to stay for years. that is until a stadium is built, if and when that will happen remains to be seen.

im thinking the whole tiered system is going to stay for years. that is until a stadium is built, if and when that will happen remains to be seen.
The tiering system is fine if you go to every game -- it all averages out. It screws you when you try to resell tickets to non-premium games.

But this is just a flat-out shameless money grab.

I'll let you know when Matt Goodman responds to my email. Probably right after the stadium announcement.

I've tried to think of the right words to post. This is the most upset I am with the club since the beginning because it's a personal financial reason. Lampardgate didn't effect me. The stadium didn't effect me. Villa didn't effect me. This criminal tier pricing effects. I already paid 50% for 2022. There's no reason I should have to pay more money at the end of this year for 2022 when less than 50% of the games this season will be at Yankee Stadium. The math doesn't add up.

Let's face it, anyone staying as a season ticket holder like myself has an addiction. And the front office are dealers.

Reactions: CatNYC and Kjbert
I've tried to think of the right words to post. This is the most upset I am with the club since the beginning because it's a personal financial reason. Lampardgate didn't effect me. The stadium didn't effect me. Villa didn't effect me. This criminal tier pricing effects. I already paid 50% for 2022. There's no reason I should have to pay more money at the end of this year for 2022 when less than 50% of the games this season will be at Yankee Stadium. The math doesn't add up.

Let's face it, anyone staying as a season ticket holder like myself has an addiction. And the front office are dealers.

(Oh, and you can't opt out of your season tickets and these higher priced matches now).

I'm in the same boat. 50% paid for 2022.. and getting screwed now I'm 2021. Sigh.

I'm in the same boat. 50% paid for 2022.. and getting screwed now I'm 2021. Sigh.

I should clarify, you can opt out at the end of 2021. They're stated this from the beginning.

Now that people have already put money toward 2022, wonder how refunding that will work.

Reactions: Kjbert and canchon
Maybe I'm not understanding this. I didn't get the email because I don't have session tickets anymore. What happened?

The tiering system is fine if you go to every game -- it all averages out. It screws you when you try to resell tickets to non-premium games.

But this is just a flat-out shameless money grab.

I'll let you know when Matt Goodman responds to my email. Probably right after the stadium announcement.

my issue is that some of those tier 2 games have no business being tier 2 games. so I do feel slighted here since i know some of those games i wont be able to go and no one will pay tier 2 price to see nycfc vs philly or potentially DC United for example

I should clarify, you can opt out at the end of 2021. They're stated this from the beginning.

Now that people have already put money toward 2022, wonder how refunding that will work.

I thought it was a 30 day window to do that, but after clicking on the link, it says you can continue to opt out. So, I guess you can still do it?

I am very conflicted. I enjoy having my seats and not having to worry about looking for tickets for games. more than likely, I'd be saving money buying tickets off stubhub or something. This whole situation leaves a bad taste and I saddens me that I am even considering this after feeling like the club made a lot of good faith efforts to accommodate everyone through covid and such.

Reactions: JCMore
my issue is that some of those tier 2 games have no business being tier 2 games. so I do feel slighted here since i know some of those games i wont be able to go and no one will pay tier 2 price to see nycfc vs philly or potentially DC United for example
That’s the scam - they’re basically saying every game is above average, which is not how averages work.

I justify keeping my tickets because my son loves to go and I love to go with him. I’ve got two more seasons before he’ll be in college, so i can see myself switching to the SS soon. Because I want the g.d. brick.