2020 & 2021 Season Ticket Thread

For STHs: If NYCFC hosts 0 matches at YS/CF in 2020, which would you prefer?

• Complete Refund

Votes: 18 62.1%
  • Credit to 2021 Season

Votes: 11 37.9%

• Total voters
They just never learn. It's the identical bad decision pattern every time. Devise bad decision. Either ignore or neglect that it will upset a very sensitive and oft-mistreated fan base. Decide to execute bad decision. Make no effort to get ahead of bad decision, and provide no forewarning or explanation in advance to fan base. Deliver bad decision by e-mail. Rightful and expected upset, disappointment, and revolt by fan base. Post haec/too late Sims e-mail that begins with "As we always do, we have listened to our fan base . . ." providing an unsatisfactory explanation. Rinse and repeat.

They just never learn. It's the identical bad decision pattern every time. Devise bad decision. Either ignore or neglect that it will upset a very sensitive and oft-mistreated fan base. Decide to execute bad decision. Make no effort to get ahead of bad decision, and provide no forewarning or explanation in advance to fan base. Deliver bad decision by e-mail. Rightful and expected upset, disappointment, and revolt by fan base. Post haec/too late Sims e-mail that begins with "As we always do, we have listened to our fan base . . ." providing an unsatisfactory explanation. Rinse and repeat.
I don't understand why they don't pick a few of the more opinionated, mouthy people on this board and use them to focus group some of these things.

Do we think they are clueless and don't realize what they're doing or clueless and don't think people who have scrutinized every little thing they do will notice?

I don't understand why they don't pick a few of the more opinionated, mouthy people on this board and use them to focus group some of these things.

Do we think they are clueless and don't realize what they're doing or clueless and don't think people who have scrutinized every little thing they do will notice?

To LionNYC LionNYC point - this I think is the first one that’s over the line. It’s cheating and scamming. The other stuff is football related and stadium related.

Now? I feel like they are stealing from me. I know they’ve lied to me before. But whatever. This crosses a line.

If they were being transparent, they would have published a Tiered ticket price list for RBA games. They’ll say that because those games are optional, it’s unnecessary. That’s bullshit of course.

They are leveraging the compulsory nature of the Yankee Stadium games to subsidize their losses on the RedBull Arena games. Under no circumstances did I agree to that plan when I signed up for 2021 tickets. They know what they’re doing. It’s scamy and underhanded and this is it for me as a season ticket holder.

they definitely know. the club digital team reads this forum and skims the twittersphere even if it doesn't always reply. I'm pretty sure there is an official NYCFC digital account on here because I'm pretty sure it liked one of my posts about, well, their post. lol.

I thought it over and will be opting out for 2022 as well. I'll think about rejoining once we have our own stadium, whenever that may be.

Truly sucks they would do this to the fans and even worse, to present it like it's no big deal.

they definitely know. the club digital team reads this forum and skims the twittersphere even if it doesn't always reply. I'm pretty sure there is an official NYCFC digital account on here because I'm pretty sure it liked one of my posts about, well, their post. lol.

I thought it over and will be opting out for 2022 as well. I'll think about rejoining once we have our own stadium, whenever that may be.

Truly sucks they would do this to the fans and even worse, to present it like it's no big deal.

how can you opt out for 2022? They already signed us back up in June?

The most frustrating thing is that there are so many departments of this club that do such good work. The community relations, charity work, social and digital team, the sporting department -- this team does so many things right. And then the business side just goes and vomits all over everything. They just continually score own goals for no reason other than stupidity.

It amazes me that, despite a pretty solid sporting operation, this club is run so poorly overall.

Let Sacramento have this club. I have no interest in sitting at Yankee Stadium with 5k people.

I'm really pissed at myself for jumping on this bandwagon. Not that I'm injured by this as I'm no longer a STH, but this is further evidence that we will never have solid crowds again. We will never have a passionate and engaged fan base. We will never be relevant in the City.

This project has failed and now a few corporate types are simply trying to look good on paper for their next job.

The most frustrating thing is that there are so many departments of this club that do such good work. The community relations, charity work, social and digital team, the sporting department -- this team does so many things right. And then the business side just goes and vomits all over everything. They just continually score own goals for no reason other than stupidity.
It's downright sad. Literally everything other than the business side is great about this club.

It amazes me that, despite a pretty solid sporting operation, this club is run so poorly overall.

Let Sacramento have this club. I have no interest in sitting at Yankee Stadium with 5k people.

I'm really pissed at myself for jumping on this bandwagon. Not that I'm injured by this as I'm no longer a STH, but this is further evidence that we will never have solid crowds again. We will never have a passionate and engaged fan base. We will never be relevant in the City.

This project has failed and now a few corporate types are simply trying to look good on paper for their next job.

If things get poor enough, either they'll leave, or there'll be some fan movement to ransack the FO.

how can you opt out for 2022? They already signed us back up in June?

by opt-out, i meant cancel my season tickets. I originally renewed with full payment plan and have already paid 50% of that. The link to opt-out is still active in that email, though I'm unsure if it works to cancel the season tickets. I have emailed my rep to cancel, either through that form or another method, and inquired about how money will be refunded.

Reactions: Kjbert

my feeling is that there are going to be a decent chunk of STHs who dropped their memberships but there are also going to be a good chunk of new members, so the club will not really see much hurt there and won't learn their lesson. I think crowds at YS will be about the same, maybe slightly less since it has been decreasing year over year for awhile now. Despite my disdain for this business move, I will still support the team and will buy single match tickets either from the club or off stubhub to attend.

my feeling is that there are going to be a decent chunk of STHs who dropped their memberships but there are also going to be a good chunk of new members, so the club will not really see much hurt there and won't learn their lesson. I think crowds at YS will be about the same, maybe slightly less since it has been decreasing year over year for awhile now. Despite my disdain for this business move, I will still support the team and will buy single match tickets either from the club or off stubhub to attend.
Who is buying new memberships?

by opt-out, i meant cancel my season tickets. I originally renewed with full payment plan and have already paid 50% of that. The link to opt-out is still active in that email, though I'm unsure if it works to cancel the season tickets. I have emailed my rep to cancel, either through that form or another method, and inquired about how money will be refunded.
I was told I had until June 14th. I had so much money to roll over from last year until next year, I said screw it and let it lapse.
had I known I was going to be punished and scammed I would have canceled. The only reason I stayed one more year was because I was told so much money would be rolled over to cover 2022. Turns out that was bullshit.

Reactions: Revfugee
Who is buying new memberships?

I'm sure there are people getting new memberships because they see all the other sides of the club, which are fairly good, but not the business side, which is the worst of them all. people with families will continue to get memberships and/or sign up for new ones. it's tough to say to kids "well, the business side of this club is shit, so i refuse to sign up for season tickets so we'll have to roll the dice come game day buying tickets."

I was told I had until June 14th. I had so much money to roll over from last year until next year, I said screw it and let it lapse.
had I known I was going to be punished and scammed I would have canceled. The only reason I stayed one more year was because I was told so much money would be rolled over to cover 2022. Turns out that was bullshit.

I felt the same. In my mind, I was thinking average-ish cost per ticket. All the RBA games plus covid restriction games at YS added up to a lot of money that would just roll over into 2022. But to do this and make us pay more than 50% of our season ticket funds for 6 games?! that's just insane.

my feeling is that there are going to be a decent chunk of STHs who dropped their memberships but there are also going to be a good chunk of new members,
Do you mean soon, or more over time and with a bump when the stadium finally happens?

Because long term I agree, at least maybe, but in the short term I think the club is in for a rough patch. And even long term if the club does OK, I think it will be diminished from what it could have been (in an impossible to judge counterfactual) due to choices and mistakes going back to 2014, which have been discussed here at length.
I have long thought and previously expressed that NYC is a uniquely difficult market for MLS, for reasons beyond stadium siting difficulty, but CFG/Manchester/Third Avenue scored multiple own goals that made things worse.

Do you mean soon, or more over time and with a bump when the stadium finally happens?

Because long term I agree, at least maybe, but in the short term I think the club is in for a rough patch. And even long term if the club does OK, I think it will be diminished from what it could have been (in an impossible to judge counterfactual) due to choices and mistakes going back to 2014, which have been discussed here at length.
I have long thought and previously expressed that NYC is a uniquely difficult market for MLS, for reasons beyond stadium siting difficulty, but CFG/Manchester/Third Avenue scored multiple own goals that made things worse.

i meant in the short term. if i recall, somewhere in an email or announcement of some sort from Sims (i think), he said the number of STHs was increasing over last year. Of course, this could literally mean 1 additional member over last year. I think the outrage is there from a lot of the hardcore supporters, but I think there's a good percentage who are going to be like "whatever" and new members who don't know any better. In any case, I don't think there will be enough of a drop to make the club or CFG think they need to improve. Perhaps they don't even care to improve and figure, once they get a stadium, all will be well.