2020 & 2021 Season Ticket Thread

For STHs: If NYCFC hosts 0 matches at YS/CF in 2020, which would you prefer?

• Complete Refund

Votes: 18 62.1%
  • Credit to 2021 Season

Votes: 11 37.9%

• Total voters
i meant in the short term. if i recall, somewhere in an email or announcement of some sort from Sims (i think), he said the number of STHs was increasing over last year. Of course, this could literally mean 1 additional member over last year. I think the outrage is there from a lot of the hardcore supporters, but I think there's a good percentage who are going to be like "whatever" and new members who don't know any better. In any case, I don't think there will be enough of a drop to make the club or CFG think they need to improve. Perhaps they don't even care to improve and figure, once they get a stadium, all will be well.
I can only speak for myself, but I will be very happy if/when they announce a stadium and then promptly go back to being pissed at all the stupid things I am sure they are going to do in relation to said stadium. i.e: PSLs, making everything between the 18-yard boxes on both sides premium with included food, messing up the order in which they let members choose their seats to favor $$$ over years as a member, building horribly narrow concourses in order to squeeze a stadium somewhere it doesn't fit, etc.

M moogoo exactly. I figured I was paying for 8 games at Ya kee stadium this year. More than happy to do that.
They just needed to tier the 8 games to balance out to the original average price. They could have charged 2x for the RB game and $1 for the Fire game, as long as it all balanced out. But nope!

I've always looked towards keeping my season tickets as a future investment as well as the cool idea of having had them since day 1 (brick is nice, but I don't really care about that all that much).

Even though I fully know that I won't be in NYC forever, I've always wanted to keep them (much to my fiancee's chagrin - also not sure if I used that term appropriately, but you get the point) to be able to sell as well as come back a few times a year for games. I think of where this league can be in 20 years and look at how difficult it is to get season tickets in other leagues such as the NFL and would love to have that.

That said, this club is making it so damn difficult. I can't blame anyone at all for wanting out and almost "feel bad" for staying in right now.

They just needed to tier the 8 games to balance out to the original average price. They could have charged 2x for the RB game and $1 for the Fire game, as long as it all balanced out. But nope!

Covid messed up a lot of stuff and the club did a lot to remedy an impossible situation. All any member can ask for at this point is fair prices. But no, they somehow decided that RBA games are going to be way cheaper despite having similar opponents and all the compulsory YS games will be premium pricing on the level of playoff games. To make it all balance out and the end of the season for people who attended all the RBA games and covid restriction YS games, they should have known from day one how much those games would cost and how much the compulsory games would cost. Why didn't they publish this chart? Or give us any kind of heads up?

I'm a bit curious why no one on social media even mentioned that they were only having a small amount deducted from their accounts. Of course, I'm sure not many people were even paying attention to that.

Reactions: Kjbert
SoupInNYC SoupInNYC part if the reason I’ve kept the tickets so far, despite it being AWFUL value, is to support the team. I’ve put my money where my mouth is. All I ask is DONT take advantage of me. Now that relationship has irreparably changed.

Same. It makes me sad to have to cancel my tickets, but the more I think about it, the more it bothers me.

Same. It makes me sad to have to cancel my tickets, but the more I think about it, the more it bothers me.

There is 0 reason to have season tickets for this club outside of wanting your same seats every game. I can buy comparable tickets for probably 25-35% of what I am paying now if I wanted to attend every match.
I kept playing the game because it was the right thing to do as a supporter. That’s what we as FANATICS do for the clubs we support. But now? It’s just a one way street. So I’m out.

So a number of us emailed our Reps last night. Figure they start work at 9. None of us have heard back right?

I can’t imagine these folks are super busy.

I really appreciate the resolve of some of members here who bought and kept season tickets since the beginning for the belief that it’s “the right thing to do.” It’s a really nice sentiment. For me personally I plan on getting season tickets the year before the new stadium is built when a) I will be in a better financial situation and b) when the club will be under cutting the price of all its current memberships in order to fill the new shiny stadium. I have a hard time believing they will do anything for those who’ve stuck around the whole time. If anything I bet y’all will be paying more than the new fans coming in. And the founding members brick? Pfft. I’m sure it won’t even cross their brain space. They just won’t exist. Or if they do, anyone and everyone will be able to buy a brick if they want to. What ever makes the business side money.

So a number of us emailed our Reps last night. Figure they start work at 9. None of us have heard back right?

9:20 am today for me but no response yet.

I'm sure its not that they aren't able to respond workload-wise and more-so they are trying to collectively figure out how to respond. By either 1) changing what they said yesterday, 2) not changing the details from yesterday, but providing a public response via Sims or Goodman, or 3) drafting a somewhat cookie-cutter response for all reps to use.

I'm sure its not that they aren't able to respond workload-wise and more-so they are trying to collectively figure out how to respond. By either 1) changing what they said yesterday, 2) not changing the details from yesterday, but providing a public response via Sims or Goodman, or 3) drafting a somewhat cookie-cutter response for all reps to use.

2 and we never hear back

I got a response back to a couple of emails. The first was to opt out of the Pumas match. The second to opt out of season tickets moving forward. I’ll still support the club and attend matches at my own leisure, but I cannot support practices such as what was done here.

9:20 am today for me but no response yet.
Anyone able/willing to share your email script? I don't care enough to write one myself. But I'd gladly copy paste.

I really appreciate the resolve of some of members here who bought and kept season tickets since the beginning for the belief that it’s “the right thing to do.” It’s a really nice sentiment.
The one reason I can still consider for keeping my tickets is that they are like a time share. They force me to go and do something that when I do it I am happy to be doing it but without the commitment I would frequently fail to organize/motivate to do.

Still, not enough. I am ambivalently out.

Anyone able/willing to share your email script? I don't care enough to write one myself. But I'd gladly copy paste.
I was cranky and hadn't finished my coffee.

Matt and [REP],

This is ludicrous, and an insult to Founding Members and all season ticket holders. Please cancel my tickets and refund the balance. I still love the team, but will not continue to be treated as a profit center.

Thank you and be well,
Joe

I was cranky and hadn't finished my coffee.

Matt and [REP],

This is ludicrous, and an insult to Founding Members and all season ticket holders. Please cancel my tickets and refund the balance. I still love the team, but will not continue to be treated as a profit center.

Thank you and be well,
Joe
That's quick and to the point without being too dramatic. I like it a lot.

Same anger here from another Founding Member. 52% of my annual spend for 6 games (~$62/seat), leaving the remaining 11 "home" games at ~$31/seat.
Twice the price for these games where I have no option to not spend the money, and only determined after the fact (not pre-published). What a coincidence.

At a minimum, sleazy/scammy. Potentially fraudulent.

Crooks mentioned in his preview about STH being upset.

He understands why people are upset and encourages people to contact your rep and let the club know and hopefuly there is a favorable response. But didn't cover it much more than that.