2022 Concacaf Champions League

Why doesn't the team that won the tournament get a ticket to the next year? See: Tigres
That's one thing that makes no sense to me, but I guess it's so that the field isn't overbalanced towards Mexican teams. Because, we need more Central American teams that get knocked out in the Round of 16...

Most likely Seattle and NYCFC are getting through after their first leg, although the result in the final game will determine who gets the second leg at home.

Seattle is 2 wins, 1 draw with +8 goal differential.
NYCFC is 3 wins with +8 goal differential.

if NYCFC can get a draw in Guate then Seattle would have to win in Leon to match, tall order.

I checked the schedule to see if it matters much to us either way hosting the first or second leg.

The two legs will be between our road game at Toronto and our home game against DCU, and then between that DCU game and a home game against RSL.

Not sure it matters which is at home and which is in Seattle. It may be slightly better to be able to travel from Toronto to Seattle for the first leg, but not a huge difference either way.

snow on the plastic in NE with a light yellow ball.. lol. i can barely see it on the broadcast. why didn't they go with orange?

turner is still injured. expected to miss a couple weeks at least, if not longer.

Reactions: Shwafta
There was a discussion a little while back about whether the Revs have a Goal Differential of Zero or some assigned amount for forfeits after the first round. Here are the official standings. Right now, pending their game tonight, they have 0 points and 0 GD and are in last place among the final 8 teams.

MLS teams ripping the others apart so far in this quarter final round. If Montreal win by multiple goals, an all mls semi is very likely. That would be something, and then the pressure on all four teams will be from "Might be a first MLS winning team" to "must be a first mls winning team"

Reactions: moogoo
montreal was not winning in azteca, at least i dont think so. maybe a draw. i know its still early but still.

Cannot compare this game to the other three - Montreal is away. The other three teams had to win big to advance and they did. Montreal just has to keep it close for their second leg at home.

Reactions: moogoo
Shwafta said:
Why doesn't the team that won the tournament get a ticket to the next year? See: Tigres
That's one thing that makes no sense to me, but I guess it's so that the field isn't overbalanced towards Mexican teams.
Do what UCL does. Winner advances, bumps the last team from their league.

I remember like 15 years ago Tottenham had finally qualified for UCL. I was really into them at the time because of Dempsey and couldn't wait to see him compete the following year. Then Chelsea, who had had a shite year in Premier League, advanced to the final, parked the bus for 120 minutes, and won on PKs. They then qualified for the next year UCL and bumped the final qualifying team from the PL. No UCL for Tottenham. No American in UCL for another generation. Apparently I'm still salty.

Shwafta said:

Do what UCL does. Winner advances, bumps the last team from their league.

I remember like 15 years ago Tottenham had finally qualified for UCL. I was really into them at the time because of Dempsey and couldn't wait to see him compete the following year. Then Chelsea, who had had a shite year in Premier League, advanced to the final, parked the bus for 120 minutes, and won on PKs. They then qualified for the next year UCL and bumped the final qualifying team from the PL. No UCL for Tottenham. No American in UCL for another generation. Apparently I'm still salty.
Lol, certain people here complained for 2 years because a Scotiabank social media intern misunderstood the byzantine MLS rules for CCL qualification and mistakenly tweeted that we qualified when we hadn't, which was supposed to be binding apparently.

Lol, certain people here complained for 2 years because a Scotiabank social media intern misunderstood the byzantine MLS rules for CCL qualification and mistakenly tweeted that we qualified when we hadn't, which was supposed to be binding apparently.
"You had the wrong price label on the product, therefore you must give it to me for that price"

As of right now:

Points (Wins/Draws) and Current goal differences:

NYCFC: 9 points, +8 GD
Cruz Azul: 9 points, +4 GD
Seattle: 7 points, +8 GD
León: 6 points, 0
Pumas: 4 points, 0 GD
Comunicaciones: 4 points, -2 GD
New England: 3 points, +3 GD
Montréal: 3 points, +1 GD

This will come in to play in the semifinals and finals. The winners with the most points, followed by the best goal difference will get the second leg at home.

I thought I had read somewhere that the Revs and their opponents will get averaged out to determine who gets the home match in a second leg.

We're sitting pretty and just need to grind out a win in Guatemala.

Reactions: Sabo and Shwafta
As of right now:

Points (Wins/Draws) and Current goal differences:

León: 6 points, 0
Pumas: 4 points, 0 GD
Comunicaciones: 4 points, -2 GD

This will come in to play in the semifinals and finals. The winners with the most points, followed by the best goal difference will get the second leg at home.

I thought I had read somewhere that the Revs and their opponents will get averaged out to determine who gets the home match in a second leg.

We're sitting pretty and just need to grind out a win in Guatemala.
Looking very likely that Seattle, NYCFC and NE move on, so that would realistically leave:

As potential candidates.