2022 Schedule Thread

I think that's true either way. Red Bulls can't fall lower than the #5 seed, in which case we would be the #3 seed and wouldn't play them in the first round. So, we get a home game against one of those four at Red Bull Arena.

On Sunday we are playing for #4 seed vs. #3 seed. Only two implications are (1) whether we play #1 seed or #2 seed if we make the 2nd round and (2) better chance at a home game in conference finals or MLS cup, if we get that far. Best scenario for 2nd round might be to play Montreal as the #1 seed after they've had an extra week's rest.

Also, might be helpful to us if the Red Bulls fall to the #5 seed and don't host in the first round. I can see the league giving New Jersey their preferred first round time slot, and that would increase the odds that we end up on Monday.

I think it's pretty likely we play on Saturday, because those are the Univision/local network games. Will MLS really want to put a game with 1,000 fans in attendance on national TV? Unless NYCFC sells a lot of tickets and finds a way to get people to RBA, I think they "hide" our game on local networks.

I'm kinda low-key relishing the opportunity to beat our rivals on their own pitch while acting as the "home" team in their stadium. Would there ever be a bigger victory than that in any sports rivalry across any professional sport?

Even though I know the league would never allow such things.

Reactions: Kjbert
I'm kinda low-key relishing the opportunity to beat our rivals on their own pitch while acting as the "home" team in their stadium. Would there ever be a bigger victory than that in any sports rivalry across any professional sport?

Even though I know the league would never allow such things.
1665103704009.png

Reactions: LionNYC
As discussed in the NYCFC Facebook groups, Citi Field is not available for any playoff matches. They will start construction after the Mets postseason is over.

As discussed in the NYCFC Facebook groups, Citi Field is not available for any playoff matches. They will start construction after the Mets postseason is over.
What construction is being done?

I've heard of the Citi Field construction allegations, but is it confirmed by a club source that we won't play there if the Mets lose tonight?
I would like to assume that they can host us, considering that the club mentioned it in an email.

Looking at the MLS website, for the conference semifinals there are games on Thurs 10/20 and Sun 10/23 - PHI has been penciled into the Thurs slot so if NYCFC advances against MIA they will play on Sun 10/23.

There is both a 1 pm and a 8 pm slot on Sun 10/23 so book it that if NYCFC wins their first round game they will play the next round at 1 pm on 10/23.

Reactions: LionNYC
Really bold of MLS to put Yankee Stadium as our MLS Cup hosting venue where there's a possibility still that we can't use Yankee Stadium for MLS Cup.

Really bold of MLS to put Yankee Stadium as our MLS Cup hosting venue where there's a possibility still that we can't use Yankee Stadium for MLS Cup.

they also put RBA on the list, so they can happily just slide us over there with no issues. although, would they prefer YS over RBA for ticket sales alone?

I'm thinking either after playoffs or after world cup to start the next NYCFC Survivor campaign. Any thoughts on best timing? I'm thinking either fresh off of playoffs or long enough after that there are no new signings but also time for us to reflect properly.

But knee jerk reactions is what NYCFC Survivor is about, so...

I'm thinking either after playoffs or after world cup to start the next NYCFC Survivor campaign. Any thoughts on best timing? I'm thinking either fresh off of playoffs or long enough after that there are no new signings but also time for us to reflect properly.

But knee jerk reactions is what NYCFC Survivor is about, so...
Was there an Edition 3? The last set I see is Edition 2 in spring 2021? Did we not do one after we won?