2022 Schedule Thread

So we’re pulling a Nashville with our schedule, front loading home games with a brutal July and August on the road.

All those early season home games may be challenging as (hopefully) NYCFC needs to rotate players as it is going on a CCL run.

Reactions: Kjbert
Only 2 weekday home matches is excellent (and they are against CLT and CIN, not the best draws). Even better is that those weekday home matches aren’t part of 3 home game weeks - remember those sat-wed-sat home games piled together? Very nice to avoid that.

I know baseball is locked out right now, but it seems like we're going to have a lot of conflicts on YES if the baseball season starts up. I'm counting at least 7 matches that are on a Saturday or Sunday during that 1-4PM baseball start time or Wednesdays in that 7-10PM time.

Last edited:
Citi is fine as long as they don’t force us season ticket holders into bad sight line seats.

I’m with you. I enjoyed the Citi field matches EXCEPT for a) getting out of the parking lot js an absolute shitshow and b) the sight lines aren’t comparable to my seats at YS. At YS I sit midfield and it’s a driver like of sight. At Citi, I was in the 300 section I think? That was their comparable ticket. Didn’t like that at all.

Curious if they will make those tickets optional.

Reactions: Kenny and danger
I know baseball is locked out right now, but it seems like we're going to have a lot of conflicts on YES if the baseball season starts up. I'm counting at least 7 matches that are on a Saturday or Sunday during that 1-4PM baseball start time or Wednesdays in that 7-10PM time.
Well, this may be the final year we deal with YES/YES App issue as the MLS TV deal expires at the end of 2022.

Regarding the schedule, the best thing would be MLB and the MLBPA to come to an agreement as soon as possible. If they come to an agreement that would adjust the MLB calendar (aside from a completely cancelled season), this may be altered a lot and much more games at RBA.

I like the schedule. Only a couple weekday games against blah opponents. Good home stands, and only one RBA game due to campeones cup (can't complain about that!)

LET'S GO FOR A QUADRUPLE!

Fortunately, the league champions should get some extra national TV games so some of those conflicts could be resolved!

If I'm counting correctly, the entire league has a total of just 6 matches during FIFA windows, which is unprecedented for MLS. I think they have fewer windows to deal with than normal years, but it is still nice to see.