2023 Roster and Transfer Discussion Thread

Which positions do you think need a new signing?

• Goalkeeper

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Center back

Votes: 20 38.5%
  • Left back

Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Right back

Votes: 17 32.7%
  • Defensive Midfielder

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Midfielder (standard)

• Attacking Midfielder

• Striker (forward)

Votes: 48 92.3%
  • Left Winger

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Right Winger

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
lots of mention on twitter of palmeiras interest in talles magno. however knowing palmeiras history with with their interest with taty i guess it should be taken with a grain of salt for now.
How is their cash flow these days. I remember they always offer to buy with like 25% down and then maybe pay later.

lots of mention on twitter of palmeiras interest in talles magno. however knowing palmeiras history with with their interest with taty i guess it should be taken with a grain of salt for now.
My first instinct would be that I’d be happy to let him go, perhaps unfair since I liked him last year when he was played in position .

I'd like to hang onto Magno. Let's see if any chemistry can develop between him and the new kid on the block.

I agree. 10 goals and 10 assists last season. He is out of position and out of confidence. Let's see what happens when he's back in his position and the team's offense is (hopefully) improved with a new target man to take some of the heat off Magno.

i fully expect magno, santi, and gabby to all get a lot more room to work their magic once our new #9 gets established and shows he is an actual threat the CBs have to contend with. it might take a few games, but if he shows the performances we are hoping, our offense should get a nice boost

Reactions: Revfugee and Gene
Nervous Rap Game GIF by TrueReal

so - since Taty's loan is up. he's back to being a NYCFC player. Obviously, he's on post season vacation still.. but until he gets shipped off to another club who buys him, he should be eligible to play for us say... toward the end of leagues cup? am i wrong?

How is their cash flow these days. I remember they always offer to buy with like 25% down and then maybe pay later.

not sure, but the team has been in libertadores finals three years in a row and even being runner up gives you good amount of millions. unless their debt was so great to start, they should have some funds at least. I will say that many fans do not seem happy at his potential signing. at least based on google translate.

Reactions: mgarbowski
I’m still processing that NYCFC chose to play 24 games without a striker they were willing to play more than 17 minutes per game.
It’s been 356 days since Taty left and 198 since Heber left and we’re still playing with no replacement on the roster or even in training.

It's a dereliction of duty by the front office. This should have been done last summer. This team was left on the side of the road by the front office.