2024 Roster and Transfer Discussion Thread

New GK. Backup to Freese?

Reactions: Victors87

so we got freese, barraza, rando, and now this guy? sounds like barazza's got one foot out the door.

Reactions: Sabo
His first year at Georgetown he was #30 and they win the national championship.
His goes to LAFC, wears #30, and in his second year they win MLS Cup.
We gotta keep this guy 3 years and win MLS cup in 2026.

I would guess that Rando plays for the 2nd team.

And I think they're going to buy down either Thiago or Santi to make room for Milajovic.

Reactions: KevinJRogers
Have the 2024 DP rules officially been settled? I remember hearing talk about expanding or modifying the slots this season, but not sure if that has been the case yet. Perhaps the club knows something we don't, or a player fell under a threshold this season.

Forgot about him. Yeah, we have to sell Talles or buydown another DP. Signing Santi (and Thiago) as DPs are wastes.

if miami can have messi, busi, alba, and squarez.. i think we can have another developing player. right?

if miami can have messi, busi, alba, and squarez.. i think we can have another developing player. right?

I'm pretty sure we can buy down at least two of our DPs, if not all 3. Talles has the lowest salary and has been here the longest -- I thought I read somewhere that late in a contract after a large transfer fee, you can change how the transfer fee counts against the salary cap. So maybe we do that with Talles.

This kid would also obviously be a young DP, which is important because you have to have at least one young DP to be allowed to use all three U-22 Initiative slots.

all i gotta say is - we got two new players who claim their number is magical. one guy who wins trophies and championships... and another with a number that he was fated to have. i smell MLS CUP 2024! WHO'S WITH ME? :D

Last edited:
Bogert report possible issues with the Mijatovic deal. Plus mentions how bad Mango has been..

its been mentioned that we dont have space for him in terms of DP or youth DP spots. i wonder if its issues with salary to fall under certain thresholds.

Reactions: KevinJRogers
Bogert report possible issues with the Mijatovic deal. Plus mentions how bad Mango has been..

We have reportedly had a few of these types of deals fall apart in the final stages over the years. Total speculation but I often wonder if being seen as part of deep-pocketed CFG has its downsides with agents going deep into negotiations just to raise the profile of their client or things breaking down at the end when the agent/player gets too greedy with their demands because in their mind its CFG so what's another $1M to them.

Obviously, there are massive benefits to being part of CFG that offset these downsides. I'm not complaining more trying to sort out why we seem to end up in this situation so often.

We have reportedly had a few of these types of deals fall apart in the final stages over the years. Total speculation but I often wonder if being seen as part of deep-pocketed CFG has its downsides with agents going deep into negotiations just to raise the profile of their client or things breaking down at the end when the agent/player gets too greedy with their demands because in their mind its CFG so what's another $1M to them.

Obviously, there are massive benefits to being part of CFG that offset these downsides. I'm not complaining more trying to sort out why we seem to end up in this situation so often.
I think there's a great deal of truth to this.