Adam Nemec [Forward]

einwindir

Registered
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Mar 19, 2014
Queens, NY
Mutual agreement with NYCFC to terminate contract - 8/31/2015
http://www.nycfc.com/post/2015/08/31/new-york-city-fc-adam-nemec-mutually-agree-part-ways

Name: Adam Nemec
Joined Club: 02/01/2015
Position: Forward
Number: 32

Wiki: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Nemec
Transfermatkt Stats: http://www.transfermarkt.com/adam-nemec/profil/spieler/55210

Instagram: @cemenmada
Announcement: http://www.nycfc.com/post/2015/02/02/new-york-city-fc-sign-slovakian-international-adam-nemec

7september2014_slovensko_trener_futbal_t_r1748-r85-st.ir3-_t600.jpg

Last edited:
The c is actually a C,Ć, or Č my last name ends in a ć and it'll decide how it's pronounced. But it's not common in our country for a name to end in c it's almost always Ć. So the ć might have been lost in translation as was mine when I moved to the U.S. it is no longer a part of my name as it's not in the alphabet or I might be completely wrong and that's his real name. Most countries in Eastern Europe use variants of the Slovak language/alphabet and Slovakia doesn't have ć just c and č thus the c in Nemec is pronounced Nemets the Ts being the sound in bi[ts] so it's not a hard C or K but more so the ts at the end of cats bits kits with a silent t of course.

The c is actually a C,Ć, or Č my last name ends in a ć and it'll decide how it's pronounced. But it's not common in our country for a name to end in c it's almost always Ć. So the ć might have been lost in translation as was mine when I moved to the U.S. it is no longer a part of my name as it's not in the alphabet or I might be completely wrong and that's his real name. Most countries in Eastern Europe use variants of the Slovak language/alphabet and Slovakia doesn't have ć just c and č thus the c in Nemec is pronounced Nemets the Ts being the sound in bi[ts] so it's not a hard C or K but more so the ts at the end of cats bits kits with a silent t of course.

My last name confuses people who have been trained by Coach Krzyzewski and other Eastern European names that are not pronounced as one would expect based on American English usage. They often mangle it in creative ways and then it goes one of two ways depending on my mood. (1) I just pronounce it for them and they smile of surprise/recognition, and they say "Oh. Just like it's spelled?!" or (2) I tell them to pronounce it the ways it is spelled and they just get more creative in their mangling until I give in and say it. Then they usually feel kind of silly.
In return, names like Krzyzewski and Nemec give me fits.

Reactions: TabascoDiva
Haha yeah depending on the country the pronunciation can vary. I'm from Bosnia and the language (Serbo-Croatian) helps me with pronouncing names as our language has an alphabet for every sound. So letters are pronounced in a word exactly as they are in the alphabet. Helps a lot with getting others name right.
I actually had a situation today in which someone said my real name and butchered it so as with everyone else I said 'go with Dan'

I was going to post his Instagram too. I'm seeing some NYCFC fans following him already.

Not that it means anything but this guy plays BIG on FUT. Strong on the ball and massive. Toying with defenders lol.

Enjoying the Nemec - Villa connection.

Reactions: Vito and LostAnvil
Not that it means anything but this guy plays BIG on FUT. Strong on the ball and massive. Toying with defenders lol.

Enjoying the Nemec - Villa connection.

He's listed at 6'3" in the game and he's very strong in the air. He holds up play very well and it's been fun playing with Villa and him side by side

Reactions: NYCFC_Dan
Yup started playing with the squad a few days ago and love it. Added him today and really love it. Not the quickest but hes a big boy.

Reactions: Vito
Does anyone else look at Nemec and think 'Conor Casey 5 years ago'? That works in MLS.

Reactions: The Toe