American Keepers To Target

I wish I could go. Just can't afford it rn. Saving to go to Montreal in August and also saving for my own place. Hoping to get out by November

Reactions: MrMartinezNYC
I just thought about this, a good candidate for GK might be Victor Valdes. He was supposed to be heading to Monaco but it seems like they don't want him anymore. If Barca lets his contract expire they could get him on a free, plus he has ties to Ferran Soriano.

I just thought about this, a good candidate for GK might be Victor Valdes. He was supposed to be heading to Monaco but it seems like they don't want him anymore. If Barca lets his contract expire they could get him on a free, plus he has ties to Ferran Soriano.
So lets see:

DP #1- David Villa
DP #2 - Frank Lampard/Xavi/Mix
DP #3- Victor Valdes

Terrible idea. With the amount of good, quality GKs in MLS and in the non-DP price range around the world, it would be basically ludicrous to use the final DP on a goalie.

Reactions: Section1Guy
I get that notion of not spending a DP on a GK, but boy wouldn't it be fun to pick up Tim Howard? or even Memo Ochoa?
Agreed it would be fun.

By it's much more likely you'll see Meara or Grunenbaum come March 2015.

David Yelldell might be able to come. Second choice at bayern leverkusen. Don't know how much he is making, but he is American, 32 yrs old. He would probably make similar salary to luis robles.

Having Yelldell, Meara, and a gk picked up from the draft would be a good group to start off this franchise. And realistic as well.

Reactions: MagnusPax
Its going to come down to Grunenbaum vs Meara, I'm telling you now! Expansion Draft!

But its still fun to think of other ideas.

Grunenbaum
Meara
Evans
Knighton
Lampson
Reynish
Seitz
Perk
Rowe
Dykstra
Antinella

I think I am correct to assume that Josh Saunders is going to be the backup for FC. Can anyone be kind enough to post some names of American keepers who might be brought in to be the number 1.