Away - 03/08 Orlando City SC

Mix's goal
6qBZtTI.jpg

For a large portion of the game I would have been thrilled with a draw. After going up and being a man up with time winding down a bit of a let down but not a horrible result for first ever match away.

As almost everyone else has said Saunders, Mix and Shelton were the stand outs. Have to find a way to get Villa the ball more.

Balouchi is a reject night and day once Shelton came in for him. Likewise I give props to Nemec for looking like he should be in History Channel's Vikings but he seemed like a clumsy oaf for the most part.

Very gutted about that, felt like a punch right in the gut. Superb effort by the lads, not sure they needed to give away that many fouls around the area so I think that definitely needs to be worked on but i probably would have took a point before kick off!

Mix looked brilliant as he has all pre-season, Villa looks like he's trying a bit too hard at the minute and snatching at chances..

Looking forward to seeing Shay Facey come into the squad in the next few weeks, his pace will be brilliant in this team i think.

Shelton also deserves a start next game, completely changed the way we played when he came on i felt!

Didn't agree with starting 11 also. Saunders was a wall and gained rep in my eyes. Subs should have been out there from the start. Agree with just about everything everyone else has already said.

My grades:
Saunders 8
Stood on his head, took charge on corners, two great saves, plus playing through the injury.

Hernandez 7
Our best defender today. Steady and played the offside trap well.

Wingert 5
Looked slow, and muffed one clearance that could have been dangerous, cleaned up by Hernandez.

Williams 6
Connected well in the attack, had a hard time keeping up with Shea on occasion.

Brovsky 4
Played somewhat better when in midfield, but not good in defense. Close to two penalties given up, gave up big cross in first half by not following attacker.

Jacobson 6
Played kaka better, but had a hard time keeping possession in midfield. Ends up too high in the field too often.

Mix 8
My MOTM. Connects brilliantly and runs the whole game through midfield. Awesome goal and helps on defense.

Ballouchy 5
At a loss for ideas. Runs into trouble and boots it backwards to often

Grabavoy 4
Pushed off ball way too easily, and gave up the bad foul leading to the goal.

Villa 5
Marked out of game and looked like he took himself out of the game then dropped too deep in frustration.

Nemec 5
Better with his head then his feet, played hold up role well in first half. Too many missed chances.

Subs:
Shelton 7
Changed the game on coming on. Opened up space for the attack. Should be starting.

Velasquez N/A
Uneventful cameo. Why take mix out though?

Calle N/A
Cameo

Overall happy with a draw, but like most it seems we have lost two points because of the situation which we found ourselves in.

I thought JK definitely played it safe with his team selection. I was worried when I saw the defence as it is the first time those four have played together. If Mendoza isn't injured then it would suggest he has failed to impress in pre-season.

For me both Ballouchy and Grabavoy struggled in the midfield and I was very surprised to see Grabavoy play the whole game. I would definitely like to see Poku in there to give us more drive.

Although Nemec held the ball up at times, his finishing was poor and he seemed to be falling over quite a lot.

So it will be interesting to see how JK may change things about for our first home game where there will be more onus on us attacking.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
My grades:
Saunders 8
Stood on his head, took charge on corners, two great saves, plus playing through the injury.

Hernandez 7
Our best defender today. Steady and played the offside trap well.

Wingert 5
Looked slow, and muffed one clearance that could have been dangerous, cleaned up by Hernandez.

Williams 6
Connected well in the attack, had a hard time keeping up with Shea on occasion.

Brovsky 4
Played somewhat better when in midfield, but not good in defense. Close to two penalties given up, gave up big cross in first half by not following attacker.

Jacobson 6
Played kaka better, but had a hard time keeping possession in midfield. Ends up too high in the field too often.

Mix 8
My MOTM. Connects brilliantly and runs the whole game through midfield. Awesome goal and helps on defense.

Ballouchy 5
At a loss for ideas. Runs into trouble and boots it backwards to often

Grabavoy 4
Pushed off ball way too easily, and gave up the bad foul leading to the goal.

Villa 5
Marked out of game and looked like he took himself out of the game then dropped too deep in frustration.

Nemec 5
Better with his head then his feet, played hold up role well in first half. Too many missed chances.

Subs:
Shelton 7
Changed the game on coming on. Opened up space for the attack. Should be starting.

Velasquez N/A
Uneventful cameo. Why take mix out though?

Calle N/A
Cameo

Remember the goal came from Villa's assist. Putting him in the same level as Nemec is a bit insulting

Eh. I would give Nemec a chance on a grass field before writing him off completely. I think the turf played a big factor. Even Villa struggled with it in the first half with some of the bounces.

It sucked to drop two points that way. But the team deserved it. They gave Kaka way too many chances from dangerous positions with dumb fouls. One was just bound to go in with his quality.

Why the love-in for Saunders? Massive props to the guy for staying in the game, but of the saves he made, there was only one that I wouldn't expect a replacement level keeper to make. Punching from corners was great, but distribution was distinctly average. Anyway, will post some full player ratings later.