Away - 09/16 Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any thoughts on the condition of the field for tomorrow's match given that the USWNT is playing a friendly at Dick Sporting Goods Park tonight at 10 PM ET?

If that's the case, bank on it happening. When has it not happened?

And what is the deal with yellow card accumulations? Does he really get carded that often?

Maxi yellow card in the 89th minute after some COL player runs into him and falls down.

Because it just seems that NYCFC can't have nice things.

Reactions: adam
I feel a lot better about this game after reminiscing about how shitty Howard has looked in WCQs recently. I'm shooting low on him all game. Old man can barely get down there anymore without needing his LifeAlert.

Reactions: Ulrich
"Often sports hernias are confused with and misdiagnosed as groin strains. A strain will usually heal on its own in two to six weeks. On the other hand, sports hernia are differentiated by the classic inguinal hernia in that there is no hernia bulge, and in some cases recovery may require surgery."

https://herniaonline.com/hernias/sports/

"Often sports hernias are confused with and misdiagnosed as groin strains. A strain will usually heal on its own in two to six weeks. On the other hand, sports hernia are differentiated by the classic inguinal hernia in that there is no hernia bulge, and in some cases recovery may require surgery."

https://herniaonline.com/hernias/sports/
I'm normally not a "cut first" type for injuries, but anything in the groin area that is debilitating enough to cause problems walking/running should immediately be treated as a sports hernia. Surgery commits to sitting the player for 4-6 weeks, but the clock starts ticking immediately. The alternative is 2-4 weeks of rehab/PT that very likely won't have a positive effect and then the SH surgery and additional time off still has to be processed.

Our sports doctors need to be more aggressive with treatment considering we've had two of these this season (did I forget anybody else besides Hererra and Chanot?) and losing two cornerstone players for 2+ months each is unnecessary.

Reactions: adam
Status
Not open for further replies.