Away - 10/31 Columbus - 1st Leg ECS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Somebody check to see if PV is dressed as this guy for Halloween
giphy.gif

Reactions: Kjbert
The team has chartered a plane for the first leg in Columbus. According to multiple Instagram accounts, they boarded about 15-30 minutes ago.

Moralez and Matarrita are playing on Nintendo Switch.
Is this our first charter of the season? If so, we can charter the rest if the way. Does it count as two if we charter home or is it round trip for the MLS quota?

What could this legitimately mean?
- Change in Formation: Replace the 4-3-3 with a 3-5-2, 4-4-2, 3-3-4, or something else?
- Change in Goalkeeper: Johansen or Rawls in for Johnson?
- Change in RB: Allen in for White? Struna in the White?
- Change in LB: Matarritta in for Sweat?
- Change in LW: Matarrita in for Wallace? Lewis in for Wallace?
- Change in Midfield: Break up the Moralez, Ring, Herrera trio?

Whatever Vieira is thinking...

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Lewis is a terrible defender. Doesn't mean he only deserved 20 minutes but he's not good on the other side of the pitch.
I didn't know that defending is More important for a forward then attacking.... He has barely played how can you saw he is a terrible defender.

Reactions: Ulrich
At the end of the latest training video, they showed Mata practicing his finishing along with T-Mac. With the emergence of Sweat at LB maybe Vieira is considering making Mata a starter at LW. Pretty late in the game but at this point I think he's be an upgrade over Wallace.
So Lewis will never play if Mata plays winger. Wasted Money SMH.

Regardless of the opponent, let's look back to the 1st Leg of the 2016 Playoffs at Toronto. Vieira put out a very defensive lineup, especially in the midfield, benching Lampard who was a constant starter at the time in favor or Bravo and Lopez. His strategy was essentially to get a 0-0 draw. It nearly worked but then Toronto scored two goals late. I pray he learns from these mistakes.

Bringing this back up. Vieira went very defensive in the first leg in Toronto. But I don't see how you can get more defensive with Ring and Herrera on the field. Vieira could pull Wallace for another midfielder or defender, I suppose.

Two line-up changes would be Lewis for Wallace and Matarrita for Sweat.

All of you guys are passing out over here and he's going with the line-up that everyone is fucking asking for. You guys are nuts!

BTW - McNamara's best game in the second half of the year was at Montreal when he played as a double pivot.

Damn it, this has killed most of my excitement for tomorrow. And maybe that's overreacting since we won't know anything until the lineup actually comes out, but considering there is a precedent for PV to outsmart himself, I'm nervous.

Was nervous excited, now I am just nervous anxious, bordering on angry.

This team makes me crazy

Reactions: Angela Miller
Maybe we're all misreading this and he's hinting at starting Lewis or something similar.
I love this idea. He's basically an unknown quantity and we saw how effective he can be as a counter attacking foil for Villa in the 10-man victory over Chicago.

Which BTW has been on my mind every time somebody says this team looks best attacking. That game gave me hope that Vieira was looking for a plan B but he's spurned every opportunity to play that way since.

Last edited:
I love this idea. He's basically an unknown quantity and we saw how effective he can be as a counter attacking foil for Villa in the 10-man victory over Chicago.

Which BTW has been on my mind every time somebody says this team looks best attacking. That game gave me hope that Vieira was looking for a plan B but he's spurned every opportunity to play that way since.
Columbus also somewhat fits the Chicago profile – they rely on holding the ball for long enough to get their fullbacks forward to make up numbers in the attack and attack from wide areas. But this also makes them very susceptible to counterattacking play.

Is this our first charter of the season? If so, we can charter the rest if the way. Does it count as two if we charter home or is it round trip for the MLS quota?
It’s four separate legs. So a round trip counts as two.

Reactions: 413Blue
Damn it, this has killed most of my excitement for tomorrow. And maybe that's overreacting since we won't know anything until the lineup actually comes out, but considering there is a precedent for PV to outsmart himself, I'm nervous.

Was nervous excited, now I am just nervous anxious, bordering on angry.

This team makes me crazy
Well Yes on this statement !!!...............On another subject way off topic thought of you last night watching Seinfeld . It's the one i told you about a long time ago . Where George is obsessed with Seven as a baby name !

It’s four separate legs. So a round trip counts as two.
Ok, so too Columbus, from Columbus Wednesday morning so we can get right to business for Sunday. To and from EC final, then we would be home for MLS Cup

Ok, so too Columbus, from Columbus Wednesday morning so we can get right to business for Sunday. To and from EC final, then we would be home for MLS Cup

We didn’t use any for a west coast trip this season?

We didn’t use any for a west coast trip this season?
I don't remember any, but I don't think clubs publicize their travel, so we only find out in Instagram photos. Since I don't have Instagram, I wouldn't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.