Elite Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
New York, NY
Real Salt Lake vs. New York City Football Club
Rio Tinto Stadium
Saturday, August 3rd 10:00 PM ET
Fox Sports Go

Rio Tinto doesn't mine gold, but hopefully the Boys in Blue can dig up 3 points in Sandy, Utah.

Last edited:
Reactions: NYCFC_Dan
Does anyone know what Petke is supposed to have done? I don't think they suspend someone in this manner if the incident isn't really serious.

Does anyone know what Petke is supposed to have done? I don't think they suspend someone in this manner if the incident isn't really serious.

He was really getting the officials during their Leagues Cup match. Apparently as I've read on social media he was saying puto to the referee.

He was really getting the officials during their Leagues Cup match. Apparently as I've read on social media he was saying puto to the referee.

I read something that said the suspension was not based solely on the shouting match, but details yet to be released.

I read something that said the suspension was not based solely on the shouting match, but details yet to be released.
Seems right. Looks like it was post game and on the field. He was out there getting his players and had a couple words for the ref. Then he gets the red card and had more words for the ref.

I can see sitting him down for a game after he yells following a red card. A player or coach is supposed to leave the field quickly under those circumstances. I can't really see him getting more than that, but who knows. There was nothing physical, and in fact he kept his distance. In all it was not even 20 seconds between red card and when he walked away.

Seems right. Looks like it was post game and on the field. He was out there getting his players and had a couple words for the ref. Then he gets the red card and had more words for the ref.

I can see sitting him down for a game after he yells following a red card. A player or coach is supposed to leave the field quickly under those circumstances. I can't really see him getting more than that, but who knows. There was nothing physical, and in fact he kept his distance. In all it was not even 20 seconds between red card and when he walked away.

Who dislikes refs more Petke or LionNYC LionNYC ?

Took a match off, sorry. With reductions, Maxi & Tati are no longer in danger of suspension. Only Sweat, who has not seen action in 3 matches to earn a clean sheet. Chanot picked up the only yellow vs SKC, and now is 2 away since he already got his 5.

I can't remember who posted about Callens picking up fouls to cover for Mata, but Callens hasn't had a card since match #3, and with his reduction sits at 0. Chanot covering for Mata makes more sense from a card perspective.

Screenshot 2019-07-29 12.48.47.png

This is a complete "house money" game for me. NYCFC is in great shape in the standings. This is, somewhat under the radar, a very tough game. RSL is below the playoff line but they are the biggest Jekyll and Hyde Home and Away team in the league, with a 2.20 ppg home record that is 1.45 ppg better than away. Of NYC's remaining opponents, only Atlanta has a better Home PPG (2.25). If I had to pick the 3 remaining games NYC is most likely to lose this might make my list. Plus RSL is in the other conference, so losing this game does not help a rival.

On the other hand, a Win really, REALLY elevates the possibilities for a strong finish and finishing at 60 points or above.

Going to be a great road test. Getting a result here solidifies us as tops in the East. Are we better in our smaller confines or max-sized pitches?

Reactions: mgarbowski
Real Salt Lake vs. New York City Football Club
Rio Tinto Stadium
Saturday, August 3rd 10:00 PM ET
YES

Rio Tinto doesn't mine gold, but hopefully the Boys in Blue can dig up 3 points in Sandy, Utah.

This game is live on FOX Sports Go because the Yankees now have a doubleheader. Based on my TV guide they're going to show the NYCFC game in its entirety immediately after the Yankees postgame for Game 2 -- that game starts at 7pm, so my TV guide has the NYCFC game starting on YES at 11pm, and airing for 2.5 hours. So it won't be joined in progress.

This is a complete "house money" game for me. NYCFC is in great shape in the standings. This is, somewhat under the radar, a very tough game. RSL is below the playoff line but they are the biggest Jekyll and Hyde Home and Away team in the league, with a 2.20 ppg home record that is 1.45 ppg better than away. Of NYC's remaining opponents, only Atlanta has a better Home PPG (2.25). If I had to pick the 3 remaining games NYC is most likely to lose this might make my list. Plus RSL is in the other conference, so losing this game does not help a rival.

On the other hand, a Win really, REALLY elevates the possibilities for a strong finish and finishing at 60 points or above.

im ok with maxi resting this one, we also need to see who will play the creative mid here. and see what our options are ( if any ) whenever maxi is out.

we have yet to win there but it is what it is if we lose. that thursday/ sunday games coming up is much more important.

This game is live on FOX Sports Go because the Yankees now have a doubleheader. Based on my TV guide they're going to show the NYCFC game in its entirety immediately after the Yankees postgame for Game 2 -- that game starts at 7pm, so my TV guide has the NYCFC game starting on YES at 11pm, and airing for 2.5 hours. So it won't be joined in progress.

That is true. I posted this in the 2019 schedule thread, our next two matches are only live streaming on Fox Sports Go. Thanks baseball!

We never won in RSL, but this is probably the best chance to do it (depending on how Dome thinks about this game relative to Houston on Thursday and Atlanta on Sunday).

I look back on the match played at RSL in 2017. We played a B team (I guess as Okoli White, Camargo started). Okoli scored in the 4' and we were playing well in the first 20 minutes then it all came apart. I think we'll have more possession with this match based on the quality players in the midfield.

Reactions: mgarbowski
These were our previous 2 lineups @ RSL. I still remember us complaining about PV using a B-Team because of the travel. Our roster has come a long way baby.

ETA: I still don’t know why JK didn’t start Poku that match! :p

2015:
Screenshot 2019-07-30 14.06.54.png
2017:
Screenshot 2019-07-30 13.37.19.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Gotham Gator
Status
Not open for further replies.