Bless Their Hearts (RBNJ Talk Here)

Honestly that's fair. Someone posted this on Twitter absent the context that's it's a special ticket pack and everyone thought season tickets holders were getting screwed. But it is standard for marquee games to be excluded from these promotions.

Yep -- nothing wrong with. Credit for them for thinking of that possibility. Our team's ticket office would have sold the package, then changed it when the schedule came out.

No issue with the point of they brought in more experienced players before. That's clear.

I do take issue with the national team appearance math since they include callups after they joined NYCFC:
Johnson: 5 appearances before joining (4 friendlies, 1 Gold Cup)
Callens: 10 appearances before joining (all friendlies)
Chanot: 20 appearances before joining (11 friendlies, 1 WCQ, 9 Euros qualifiers - for Luxembourg, which I feel confident saying that most of the list of incoming players this year would get appearances for)

Yes, the additions have been much younger. I don't think highlighting the national team appearances and then averaging them out by player while excluding players on both sides provides any additional weight on that.
Also, National Team appearance is a very blunt tool to measure anything, because there is a stellar difference between appearing for Luxembourg or Peru than for Argentina or Uruguay, which is where we are recruiting most of our youngsters. Maxi himself featured prominently for Argentina as U21 but has a grand total of 1 appearance in a senior Argentina team. Same for Taty.

Reactions: FootyLovin
Also, National Team appearance is a very blunt tool to measure anything, because there is a stellar difference between appearing for Luxembourg or Peru than for Argentina or Uruguay, which is where we are recruiting most of our youngsters. Maxi himself featured prominently for Argentina as U21 but has a grand total of 1 appearance in a senior Argentina team. Same for Taty.
To state the obvious: a guy who has a substantial number of senior caps for a superpower is a player we could only afford when he's very young or very old. If Julian Fernandez ever gets there, for example, then we'll have bragging right that he played for us at age 19. That's about it. Even a team that is a fringe superpower like Uruguay, which just beat Argentina in Buenos Aires, is fielding a starting XI where the lowest transfer value is probably 10 to 15 million for the goalie or a veteran CB like Gimenez.

Reactions: mgarbowski
our spiderman figurine was much cooler.
And then there’s this beauty:
IMG_2769.jpeg

Yep -- nothing wrong with. Credit for them for thinking of that possibility. Our team's ticket office would have sold the package, then changed it when the schedule came out.
They (shockingly) didn’t fumble it

2023 NYCFC Black Friday & Cyber Monday Pack!
Don't miss out on this exclusive NYCFC Black Friday Cyber Monday deal and receive 4 tickets and your choice of an NYCFC Beanie or Snood for as low as $99 per package.

Get your package today!

Each package includes:
- Two tickets to the 2024 Home Opener
- Two tickets to another match in March-May
(*Excludes NYRB & Miami)
- Choice of one (1) NYCFC Beanie or Snood

Reactions: mgarbowski
So we now know Messi isn't showing up to the Bronx until June.

Think New York Jets GIF by Bleacher Report
Was thinking that as well, but I think it’s just a formatting issue and the carve out applies to both. It also falls differently depending on where you view it. So of course they did screw it up in some respect because it’s somewhat unclear.

Reactions: Gene
So we now know Messi isn't showing up to the Bronx until June.

Think New York Jets GIF by Bleacher Report

Doesn't mean that at all. If they knew messi wasn't coming until june, they wouldn't have to put in a caveat that miami games are excluded. same with derby games. they don't know what the schedule will be like. they just know cold games tend to get less attendance and are hoping a good deal will bring out more people.

Reactions: 413Blue
Whoops, my bad. Based my response on the email I received from the club. Doesn't mention NYRB or the Messi's.

Don’t miss out on NYCFC’s exclusive ticket package for this Black Friday! Bundles start as low as $99!

Each package includes:
  • Two (2) Tickets to 2024 Home Opener
  • Two (2) tickets to any match in March-May
  • Choice of NYCFC Beanie or Snood per package
Shop now. Get your tickets and gear today.

Reactions: JayH