Blue City Radio Mailbag

Would love to hear your take on the City Football Group as a whole. This is a broad topic, but nonetheless a football conglomerate that is doing things previously unseen by owning/co-owning football clubs across the globe. Do you think NYCFC will struggle to retain its own identity as the club matures?

Good episode. Thanks for covering my question. Really liked to conversation with the upcoming teams fan. That would be great to hear going forward.

Thanks for answering my question (Mine was the one about the defense/narrowness of pitch)! Really loved the Interview with the other team; was very interesting.

This pod just keeps getting better and better. Awesome job!

Another enjoyable listen, have been tuning in since Episode 1. At first I was not digging having so much conversation/explanation by another team's fan about another team (Patt Carr of Doop Cast for Philly) but a few minutes into it I realized that it's actually a great way for me to grow my knowledge of other teams in MLS since I am still pretty new to this league.

If I could make one request, it would be that audio is not hard panned hard left or right for different people speaking. It's particularly noticeable with headphones. (Reminds me a bit of 60s mono recordings converted to stereo. It's hard on my ears, and it also makes it difficult to hear above the usual din of noise in the city, especially when listening on the subway). No one is talking over each other so it doesn't seem necessary, and you all have distinct enough voices that even a first time listener would be able to tell the difference I think

That's funny but I was just going to make the same request about recording it in mono.

Love the podcast though, and I've also started just recently at episode 1 and am catching up (made it to Carolina so far). I'm gonna be bummed when I do catch up though as I'll have to wait a week at a time for new ones rather than having one available whenever I want one!

Good job, and an interesting podcast.

Thanks.

It's funny, because the last episode was the one that had the most panning and honestly, it was accidental. The final conversion to MP3 format is supposed to correct it.

Thanks for the feed back.

Mix is out: who starts?

Poku and Dunn looked good for Wilmington this weekend but I think Kreis will fall back on Ballouchy again.

It's controversial, but two of the crowd favorites have been terrible. The match in Philly was a peak of their bad play.

#1 - Jeb. Probably the worst performance on the pitch, from either team. A fan favorite. He's gotten a pass because he's likable and has a great mustache - but he simply hasn't been good enough.

#2 - Not far behind Jeb is Wingert. We like him because he's a NY boy, but he's been brutal.

It's controversial, but two of the crowd favorites have been terrible. The match in Philly was a peak of their bad play.

#1 - Jeb. Probably the worst performance on the pitch, from either team. A fan favorite. He's gotten a pass because he's likable and has a great mustache - but he simply hasn't been good enough.

#2 - Not far behind Jeb is Wingert. We like him because he's a NY boy, but he's been brutal.
you mean Jeb "back-pass" Brovsky?

Why hasn't Poku been in the mix? Often, I feel we need his offensive spark in the midfield. He provides positive play and is a box-to-box player. I do not understand why he has only appeared in one match thus far. Especially after seeing Calle's poor performances.

We recorded a fun one last night with Mark Fishkin from Seeing Red. Definitely stoking the flames for Sunday. Make sure you check it out this week and be ready to comment for next week. I'm sure talking points will abound.

Reactions: LostAnvil