Calling All Supporters - Opinions On Forum

Before my head explodes... It wasn't my decision to make the forums the way they were. I was pressured by all you members because there were too many sections. Now you guys want another 8 sections added... And you wonder where my frustration with it all comes from.
I agree we need a CFG section but things are very slow right now. Not just here but on twitter Facebook and so on.
I definitely want to expand back and cover a wider array but now is not the time. We need a steadily active memberbase and that will come as our team expands.

Before my head explodes... It wasn't my decision to make the forums the way they were. I was pressured by all you members because there were too many sections. Now you guys want another 8 sections added... And you wonder where my frustration with it all comes from.
I agree we need a CFG section but things are very slow right now. Not just here but on twitter Facebook and so on.
I definitely want to expand back and cover a wider array but now is not the time. We need a steadily active memberbase and that will come as our team expands.

Hi Dan,

I don't think anyone is suggesting another 8 sections, just reorganization of current sections.

I agree that you need steady growth, but won't the suggested formats make the forum more organised (for example only one place to place off topic discussion, or not mixing off topic with CFG debate in the debate desk) This then makes the forum more user friendly and keeps people involved where they want to be. For example not tripping over CFG if they are looking for a debate on Euthanasia in the Warzone.

Not a criticism mate, and I appreciate it is you that has to do the work, and it is not quite as simple as just refiling current posts.

Keep up the good work, however you do it.

Reactions: NYCFC_Dan
I'll look into it. On the work grind right now for the next 12 hours. But I guarantee the guys that suggested the way we are now will come back and say why do we have CFG discussion shouldn't that go together with football discussion - simplify.
Trust me, it's not hard pleasing everyone.

I'll look into it. On the work grind right now for the next 12 hours. But I guarantee the guys that suggested the way we are now will come back and say why do we have CFG discussion shouldn't that go together with football discussion - simplify.
Trust me, it's not hard pleasing everyone.

Lol will leave you alone as you are working but the answer is simple. If you don't want CFG discussion dont go to that part of the forum, just as I wont be going to certain parts of the forum, because the topics being discussed there hold little interest to me.

Enjoy your day. I hate working on Sundays.

I've only been to NY twice but both times were exciting, fun, sexy, edgy, anything goes, laug a minute, riotous times. that's what I think is not represented on here.

The site needs to be a little more light hearted, easy going and accepting of all opinions... City, United, Liverpool, Red Bulls, Revolution, Melbourne, Sydney who cares. Far too many on here are trying to protect NYCFC like its a little fragile baby.

If it's a place for grown ups then there needs to be far more gratuitous gifs/pics of lasses/lads and some weird conversations and characters develop (see Bluemoon's Cellar). Make the place a laugh and people with check it out daily for more than just NYCFC and it'll develop a culture.

Just my opinion. In the meantime all I do is check out news on DPs ;-)

First & foremost, NYCFC takes precedent above all else.
However, it is difficult for that to happen at the present time, reasons for which have been alluded to already. This will change but not for a fair few months. After that, there won't be too much of a problem.

Less is more. Constructive debate is golden, random crap is not and serves only to dilute the place. But one man's treasure is another man's garbage, so to discount threads that one may not like would be counterproductive. If no one is truly interested in a conversation then no one will take part and it would die a silent death, perhaps never to raise its head again. Trail by error sort of thing: if a NYCFC fan wants to hate on something but abides by the rules then it must be allowed. You/I may not like it, but not everyone agrees with everyone else.

My advice would be to not have too many sections, but make the existing ones all-inclusive. If this truly is to be a NYCFC forum, then that is at the top, MLS underneath, all other football elsewhere, and maybe other sports as a separate entity or thrown in with other football elsewhere.
We only have 4 sections at mcfcforum, which are divided into sub-categories, of which I would say only 6 or 7 are posted in regularly. As said we don't have anything that resembles a Warzone or Debate Desk, as everything posted is treated equally, whether it is non-controversial or not; Mods and Admin know what to look out for and what to do should things get out of hand (and TBF it rarely gets that far).

This is a good place and all should be very proud of what has been accomplished in such a short space of time. Be patient, guys.