Forum Q & A With Ian Joy - Send Us Some Questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the responses so far guys. Definitely keep them coming - the more the better.

Obviously we all want to hear Ian's take on our own club and the league in general, but do we have any more questions for him about his career and experiences? As said, we'd love to have a good range of topics to ask him about.

Ian, first off, my girlfriend loves the way you say "progress". Second, who would you sign as NYCFC's next designated player, within reason/financial limits?

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Ian, if you could only keep 2 of the 3 current NYCFC designated players, who would you choose and why?

Where do you see the relationship between MCFC and NYCFC going from here?

What do you think the best usage of the EDS loanees are?

Thanks for the responses so far guys. Definitely keep them coming - the more the better.

Obviously we all want to hear Ian's take on our own club and the league in general, but do we have any more questions for him about his career and experiences? As said, we'd love to have a good range of topics to ask him about.

I suppose I should ask a serious question or two...

How much do you get to actually enjoy the games you cover? And how has calling games as opposed to watching/playing in them changed your understanding of the game?

As someone who's played in various countries, how much of a role do language barriers play in the cohesion of a squad, and an individual player's happiness?

Reactions: Christopher Jee
And on commentating - do you have a system you like to use to access notes/stats/info on the teams? I remember seeing some pretty cool examples of the note-taking that some commentators use for each game, but I'm sure everyone is different. This is the stuff I'm talking about btw:
http://8by8mag.com/nick-barnes-commentary-notes/

Do you go into games with any idea of what you might say about a player or event (prepared phrases etc) or does it come naturally?

Last edited:
How do you project the starting XI now that we got Harrison? Where do you think PV plays Mix and Poku?

Status
Not open for further replies.